[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fletcher did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Brody-Whiplash-1200-630.jpg (135 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
Brody-Whiplash-1200-630.jpg
135 KB, 1200x630
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSukWUG4Amc

He pushes and pushes him so hard and eventually he becomes the best drummer he can be

Fletcher sees potential in him. And he knows he wants to be the best drummer HE can be.
>>
>unironically discussing this oscarbait shit
>>
who cares about being a drummer, its not like the kids gonna write any great music like """""""all"""""" the artists they name as inspirations
>>
>>67579655
Yeah, I left the theatre thinking "Wow! Miles Teller really showed that mean old Mr. fletcher who just wanted to embarrass him in front of a crowd!" But over time I came to realize that realistically, Fletcher would have gotten as much flak as Miles for choosing him as his drummer, so he would have only selected him if he really knew he would do something amazing that night.
>>
>>67579683
>Calling one of the most well constructed and ambitious films snubbed by the oscars in the past decade oscarbait shit
>>
I watched this the other day thinking as if Fletcher was his dad and his cuck dad was his step-dad.

Film made more sense
>>
As long as you guys realize that you're not supposed to take the movie literally (in the sense that it's not trying to represent reality), it's all good. Because I swear, like 90% of the one-star critics on IMDB were music teachers who were pissed off at the 'absurd depiction of music schools and teachers'. It's a fucking allegory, people - it's not supposed to be realistic or plausible IRL! Whether he's a drummer or race car driver or football player doesn't matter and neither does the question if the shit Fletcher pulls would get his ass fired on the spot if it was a 'real' school. Goddammit, people are dumb.
>>
File: 1404931893878.jpg (65 KB, 519x537) Image search: [Google]
1404931893878.jpg
65 KB, 519x537
>Choosing bald turtle mans opinion over concession girls cunny
>>
>>67579655
He drove another kid before that to kill himself. Taking advantage of college kids and driving their livelihood to the ground in the hopes of garnering a legend is hardly something you should be proud of when you have a shitty track record for teaching.
>>
>>67582249
Just was just fleshing the weak ones out and spawning the greatest of the greats.

Thank you based Fletcher.
>>
>>67582431
Still has a bad track record. A thousand no's and a yes mentality makes you a shitty teacher.
>>
File: 1451260237152.jpg (69 KB, 550x710) Image search: [Google]
1451260237152.jpg
69 KB, 550x710
>le tempo is the most important thing about jazz drumming

yah, nah
>>
There was nothing wrong with his manner of teaching. It's just that there's a time and a place for it. A school is not the place for it. You can't teach an entire class like that.

If he were a private tutor, there wouldn't have been a problem.
>>
>>67582486
not if the "yes" student becomes an astoundingly incredible musician
>>
>>67582499
Honestly, this isn't a drumline. You can let the tempo hang a bit. The judges and audience don't have Dr. Beats on them
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1012x1479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1012x1479
>I'd rather drown my brain in faggot ass odd time signatures and be the """"best""""" jazz drummer in the world instead of giving Melissa Benoist the wildest sex that she will ever experience and cumming inside her 24/7

2/10 shit movie would not practice eight note grouping arrangements and 7/4 meter subdivisions with
>>
>>67579655
>>67579843
Why are you acting as if you discovered something? That was the whole point of the movie. I mean, whether or not he did something wrong is debatable, but he clearly was the way he was because he saw the potential.
>>
>>67582859
Virgin with no ambition detected.
>>
>>67582859

7/4 is pretty based tho.
>>
>>67579655
It's pretty stupid considering that's not really how music works
>>
>>67582499
>>67580148
>>67583183

>DAE movie is not realistic
>Muh tempo is not important

If people like you retards paid attention to the movie they would know the Teacher was fucking messing with his students

The teacher's motivations were clearly explained in the cafeteria scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6vTI5g198E

>"Any fucking moron can wave his arms and keep people in tempo, I was there to push people beyond what's expected from them"
>>
>>67579655
that, and Teller willingly subjected himself to his teachings. nobody made him take the class. he knew what he was in for, and Fletcher knew that. they both knew Teller wanted to be a great drummer.
>>
>>67583406
Yeah, that's not how greatness is acquired
>>
File: miles-teller.jpg (50 KB, 308x633) Image search: [Google]
miles-teller.jpg
50 KB, 308x633
>>67579655
D R O P P E D
>>
>>67583406
'the fuck are you quoting me for? I said nothing that contradicts your post.
>>
>>67579655
>has to give up anything to achieve one man's vision of excellence
I suppose the student that killed himself could only achieve greatness by becoming a skeleton.
>>
>>67584036
as if I needed more of a reason to drop him. he's shit
>>
>>67584036
>(paternal grandfather)
you get jew from your mother
>>
>>67584952
This, he was awful. Besides, the movie wasn't that great. Sure, the music was amazing, and it had some great scenes, but the relations between characters felt ridiculously unrealistic. I can't imagine a music institution where every single student acts like a dick towards the other. Not only that, an ugly faggot like that getting a 9/10 qt and then dropping her like she was shit is just stupid. The movie needed more polishing, it lacked subtlety and naturalism.
>>
>teach a kid to be a good technical drummer

>never produces cause bandleaders end up doing that anyway for the drummer

>plays good but isn't memorable

jazz drumming is a meme.
>>
>>67585866
see
>>67580148

You criticize the movie for the lack of something it was consciously not doing. It's okay if you don't like that kinda shit but you gotta at least 'get' it before you judge it.
>>
File: fletcherjameson.jpg (147 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
fletcherjameson.jpg
147 KB, 1200x630
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.