[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone please explain her storyline with the bullet? it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: Batman_v_Superman_68677.jpg (41 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_68677.jpg
41 KB, 600x300
can someone please explain her storyline with the bullet? it didn't seem to go anywhere

why in the hell did lex send those guys specialized bullets not found anywhere else in the first place?
>>
>expecting logic in a capeshit movie
Although seriously, can anyone answer this? Why would lex want it to be traced back to him, this beyond retarded.
>>
>>67579348
I don't think they were supposed to hit that journal where the bullet landed.

I didn't quite understand lex's plan there though.
>>
what was the point of the bat brand? it got criminals killed and then he spared lex luthor, why even have that storyline in the movie?
>>
>can someone please explain her storyline with the bullet?

Lex wanted to frame Superman for the warlords and civilians killed by his private soldiers while Superman was saving Lois Lane in Africa, because somehow people in the movie believes Superman goes around machine gunning people.

One of the bullets hit Lois journal so she had the proof Lex was the one behind funding the terrorists.

She gave the bullet to that politician that was later hesitating about nuking Doomsday and Superman since he knew Superman was a good guy.

I guess that offscreen the bullet was used as evidence to arrest Lex Luthor, but the movie just makes that whole subplot pointless since Batman got Lex Luthor secret files so there was enough evidence to detain him.
>>
>>67579348
>the united states senate is mad at superman for saving a journalist from terrorists

did anyone read the script before filming began?
>>
>>67579794
>Superman uses special bullets only available through lexcorp
bravo luthor
>>
>>67578871
she's hot
>>
are they gonna do the whole superman killing the joker and creating an injustice timeline with regular supes saving bad supes and co
>>
>>67579839
>superman must have shot these men
>>
>>67579794

Wrong. He wanted to frame Superman as someone who's not worried about the consequences of his actions. No one said he killed those men, they just pointed out that Superman acted in a reckless way to save Lois, which lead to tons of civilian deaths later because of the Nairomi government, as explained by the black woman testifying at the Capitol Hill to the politicians.

It was setup by Luthor, who, at that point, already knew Superman was Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne was Batman.

I thought it was ridiculous at first, but I'm starting to believe that the movie is too smart for some of you guys.
>>
>>67580052
Im not sure that its too smart for people or just that they have so many little subplots that lead to insignificant little details that its hard to follow in just one sitting.
>>
>>67578871
Lex wanted to bait Superman into having to intervene overseas in order to save Lois so that he could convince the US government that Superman is a wildcard and that they would give him access to Zod's stuff and let him make anti-Kryptonian weapons. The bullet was evidence of Lex's involvement, and that plot thread helped us realize that he was BEHIND EVERYTHING.

>Lex wanted to frame Superman for the warlords and civilians killed
I thought they said that Superman beating the tar out of that black guy caused his men to kill a bunch of people in retribution. It was meant to make him look irresponsible because he's intervening in foreign affairs without thinking about any repercussions.
>>
>>67580052
No one would give a crap because it was an American life saved - a prominent person too. Right or wrong, our government doesn't care if a bunch of Africans die if it means an American life is saved. Probably the only thing you'd hear is "Superman saves American reporter Lois Lane from vicious tribal warlord"
>>
>>67580052
>Superman acted recklessly
>but not the CIA
>>
>>67580052

>He wanted to frame Superman as someone who's not worried about the consequences of his actions

Wasn't that already covered in MoS?
>>
>>67580143

No, they would be fucking mad that Superman is acting as a rogue agent instead of carrying the US Flag around in his arm no matter what.
>>
>>67578871
Read somewhere that on the Blu-Ray there will be an R rated cut, where Lex's henchman dismember, or mutilate the bodies to make it look like superman ripped them apart. That's the main reason the directors cut would have been R rated. I don't get the special bullets, some made up story to make Lois have something to do.
>>
>>67580196
Anyone is allowed to save lives anon. If some American merc showed up to save Lois, literally no one would care.
>>
>>67580052
But it's the Tuareg rebels in Northern Africa and the government was the one who rolled in and killed the terrorist village that the lady is testifying about. The US actually wants that! They sent a CIA agent along to do exactly that. Why would Superman be in trouble?
>>
>>67578871
Can someone refresh me on what Lois found out about the bullet? I missed that part coming back from the bathroom.
>>
>>67580362
it had a stamp on it that said "Made by Lex Luthor" and so Lois knew Luthor was behind the plot to defame Superman
>>
>>67580164

If you paid attention to the movie, you'd know that the Kentucky senator who listened to the black woman from Nairomi was the head of a committee created to deal with incidents related to Superman, who was being heavily criticized again and again for not "respecting democracy by answering to the people". The audiences are implied to have been happening since the world was introduced to Superman that day (MoS events).
>>
I was expecting them to be laced with kryponite desu senpai
>>
I thought she was hot when she was supposed to be the pretty cute office secretary, but now that she's supposed to be some bombshell she doesn't really do it for me

what happened?
>>
>>67580421
What do they expect to happen? Why are they trying to piss Superman off? Every other country in the world would love to have him base in their country. It's not like he's spouting off political beliefs or trying to change the US government. Superman is a literal godsend for the US giving it untold prestige and an image of invulnerability and superstrength.

Fuck, just even imagine the banter on /pol/. Every American would be shitposting about how they have a Superman and no one else does
>>
>>67580299

Not if the government retaliated on the nearby civilian village after the merc rescued her by killing / disposing of the local terrorists, who had the government's support. Lex's men shot everyone and Superman just got there to rescue Lois and deal with that last guy. The local government punished the people because of it, which was the subject of the audience depicted at the beginning of the movie.

>>67580314

The lady and her dad (who was killed) were part of a civilian village that was attacked by the local government, which supported those terrorists, in an act of retaliation.
>>
>>67579348
>Why would lex want it to be traced back to him
Getting caught was part of his plan
>>
>>67580362

She learned Lexcorp made the bullets and that Lex was trying to frame Superman. Then, she started thinking about how Lex would know that Superman would show up in that place. She remembered that she was the reason Clark was there and realized Lex knew Superman's secret identity.
>>
>>67580562
So basically because someone else committed genocide, it's Superman's fault

Meanwhile the US launches another drone strike
>>
>>67580386
The first thing I heard on re-entering the theatre was Lois's contact saying, "It's classified." What was he talking about?

I spent the rest of the movie trying to shake the feeling that Lex had some prior involvement with Darkseid, and that the tech he was providing was Intergang-esque in some way,
>>
>>67578871
The bullet was not supposed to be found, it's likely Lex just gave them bullets bc it's new tech. Like this happens all the time irl.
>her plot didn't seem to go anywhere
Except she figures out Lex is behind everything and clarifies it for her own sake of mind.
>>
>>67580516

>Superman is a literal godsend for the US giving it untold prestige and an image of invulnerability and superstrength.
>Fuck, just even imagine the banter on /pol/. Every American would be shitposting about how they have a Superman and no one else does

That would be a good angle to explore about Superman mythology in a movie, if said movie was FUN
>>
>>67580516

They're mostly just trying to control Superman. They know he's not a bad person, since the senator banned the entrance of the kryptonite rock (She said to Lex something like "I won't let you get in the US with the kryptonite. You may call this weapon a deterrent, but you can't fool me.") in the country and they see him saving 'cats from trees' everyday, as Bruce Wayne talks about in the Lex's mansion party. They want to have him on a leash.
>>
>>67580562
That doesn't make any sense.
The Tauregs are Islamic rebels who are fighting against the local governments, they have no governmental support and want to establish sharia law. The massacre stuff is because the Malian army has been accused of harsh methods and war crimes when fighting the Tauregs.

When she says, "the government came in after Superman left", she's taking about the Malian army.
>>
>>67580742

Yep, it's hipocrisy, but it happens. They're blaming Superman for something others did.
>>
>>67580052
>Starting to believe the movie is too smart for you guys

The funny thing is the Dark Knight is exactly the same way as this film, but everyone loves that. I'm starting to think no one really got The Dark Knight either, and everyone just thought Joker was edgy as fuck and cool. And that legitimately blows my mind bc I could've sworn people understood the flaws and merits of that film.
>>
>>67580742
I think that's part of their concern. Some random dudes mercing themselves out to foreign powers or acting as freedom fighters abroad is one thing, but none of those guys have the potential to single-handedly create international incidents that run counter to U.S. foreign policy. Superman's very much like an autonomous WMD with no one's finger on the button but his own. That scares the shit out of everybody, the U.S. government included.
>>
>>67580960

People just remember "Let me put a smile in that face!", "Do you know how I got these scars?", "Why so serious?" and the magic trick. No one knows what the plot was about.
>>
>>67580892

Even if that's the case, the point is still the same. She's blaming Superman for something their government did after Superman was gone.
>>
>>67580864
Yes but you'd think they'd have figured out Superman gives preferential treatment to Lois Lane at this point. Eyewitnesses would've seen her comforting Superman at Zod's body. People might've seen them kiss.

As a government agent I would just restrict Lois Lane's ability to go outside the country. Or have my CIA operative actually be a decent handler for her instead of getting found out like an idiot.

With Lois not going off and doing stuff like that, Superman is only motivated to intervene in disaster type events.
>>
File: 1324227674348.png (265 KB, 499x470) Image search: [Google]
1324227674348.png
265 KB, 499x470
>>67580960
>The funny thing is the Dark Knight is exactly the same way as this film
>>
>>67581053
Or they're blaming him for exacerbating an already volatile situation without considering the repercussions. It's the Pa Kent mountaintop speech all over again - he saved *a* life at the cost of many others.
>>
File: aadams290216BZNimage3.jpg (599 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
aadams290216BZNimage3.jpg
599 KB, 1920x1280
>>67578871
I love her and I want her to be my mommy.

There, I said it.
>>
>>67581162
Every other Western country would've done the same thing

Superman can see through political bullshit like that, he's already demonstrated he won't tolerate the government playing games with him (satellite, end of MoS).

The government just seems to be handling relations with Superman in a really dumb way
>>
>>67581065

Yeah, but in the end, it's still a comic book movie about a guy who 'hides' in plain sight by wearing glasses. How could the world not know his true identity after seeing "Superman dead" in one page and "Clark Kent dead" in another one?

I'm glad that at least Lex Luthor and Lois Lane figured out his identity very early on in this Cinematic Universe. Hell, Lex even knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, since he was continuously sending for almost two years those Keefe's paychecks back with the "You let your family die!" messages to incite Batman to fight Superman, as he made clear right before Doomsday was set free.
>>
>>67581162

You could definitely interpret the way you did. That speech was about that indeed.
>>
When Superman comes back to life, how are they going to explain Clark Kent coming back to life?
>>
>>67581226
>Every other Western country would've done the same thing

You're absolutely right, but that's the Western country's *government* making that ultimate decision, not one guy, especially not one guy who can also just as easily decide, "You know what? I don't like this random country's government, either. Fuck this country," and then just systematically wiping them off the map.
>>
>>67581484

He won't. He'll be full time Superman.
>>
>>67581498
And they know that all Superman did was take out (kill?) one guy who had a gun pointed at Lois' head. It's not like he tried to depose a government.

Also, the US literally has a dead CIA agent at the site.

I can understand the Africans there getting mad, but the Senator gave them legitimacy by letting them speak. Superman was not responsible for that fallout. The government would've kept their mouths shut so that Lois wouldn't blab about the CIA's involvement.
>>
All these replies and we still haven't satisfactorily answered why we had to spend so much time with Lois following a military leader into the bathroom to ask about a custom bullet other than Zack the Hack wanted to make us feel like we were watching an intense crime mystery instead of bloated, self-important capeshit.
>>
File: 1459186347536.jpg (40 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1459186347536.jpg
40 KB, 640x960
>>67581198
>Amy Adams will never be your mom

Just end my life familia...
>>
>>67578871
>>67578871
i would berry my dick so far into amy adams whoever could pull it would be crowned king arthur
>>
>>67581484
I'm hoping that Clark vanishes completely for the next few movies and we're treated to the terrifying prospect of a Superman who's never not "on duty," Then I'm hoping for a wonderful inversion of the typical hero reveal. "My parents named me Kal-El, but since arriving on Earth, it has been my honor to be known as Clark Kent."

Think about it. His single worst enemy already knows who he is, so what's the point in trying to deny it? Better to embrace it and abandon all pretense of hiding his true nature. You could explore a lot of interesting possibilities going that route.
>>
>>67581065
I'd send CIA to get a Russian scientist that could help us get unlimited power through a nuclear reactor
>>
>>67581591
>CIA
>ded
I guess no survivors were had?
>>
>>67581591
>Also, the US literally has a dead CIA agent at the site.

Was he alone? That could be part of their issue. A well-meaning do-gooder swoops in and blows a surgical operation in progress and they're left to deal with the fall-out.
>>
>>67581835
Sounds worthwhile, Can me and my friends come?
>>
Love Amy more than life itself. Still too old to play Lois Lane.
>>
>>67579752
He spared lex because lex was warning about what's to come (darkseid) and if Superman comes back he's going to need a way to keep him in check or someone who.could take him out
>>
>>67581835
Oh wait, suddenly we made a neutron bomb instead.
>>
>>67582022
Uh you dont get to bring friends, but you do get to bring repetitive digits
>>
>>67578871
It was actually cut pretty bad. That's why it didnt go anywhere
>>
>>67581484
Same way they did in the comics the first time he went into a healing coma from his fight with Doomsday, by saying that Clark Kent was buried alive in the rubble from the fight and was barely alive when they found him.
>>
>>67578871
Reminder that Jesse is Lex JUNIOR in BvS, not the real Lex. It's confirmed, stop shitposting that he was a bad Luthor.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.