[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled on Season 11 of Always Sunny, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 960.jpg (115 KB, 960x647) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
115 KB, 960x647
Now that the dust has settled on Season 11 of Always Sunny, how would /tv/ fix IASIP to be less shit next season?
>>
Quit making every joke about Mac being a faggot. We get it he's in the closet, it's pretty funny but holy shit having it talked about every single fucking episode is fucking annoying.
>>
Batman
>>
Cancel it.
>>
>>67578623
>YELLING: the show
>>
I've loved every season, but Mac needs to change. He's become a shitty character.
>>
>>67578623
this episode was actually one of the best but the rest was meh
>>
I feel every episode now references jokes or plots from previous episodes. Chardee MacDennis 2, Drsnk Falls Out The Window and McPoyle vs Ponderosa were all based on old jokes.
>>
>>67579005
Literally every season of always sunny has been full of references to previous episodes except for season 1

The problem is, the references used to be somewhat organic up until maybe season 8 or 9. Nowadays the references feel more like blatant cries of "look at how good the show used to be!" rather than legitimate callbacks with any relevance to the characters. McPoyle vs Ponderosa was a pretty good episode though, the only problem was that it should have been in the same season as the original episode (heck, maybe the wedding and the trial could have served as a unique two-parter).

They need to learn the difference between reference for reference sake, and reference as a means of enriching the plot. We don't need shit like Chardee MacDennis 2, but I'll be disappointed if Old Black Man from Season 11 doesn't show up in future scenes involving Dee's apartment.
>>
YOU EVER BEEN IN A STORM LIKE THAT WALLY
>>
File: TheGangGoesToEgypt.png (885 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TheGangGoesToEgypt.png
885 KB, 1280x720
bamp
>>
File: 1438289424317.png (70 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1438289424317.png
70 KB, 1200x800
>>67578623
>>
>>67581450
>first season is best on 'average'
>the show is on steady decline instead of being on a rise until season 4, a plateau, then a decline from season 6 onwards
>most of season 11 is above the general curve
>Suburbs is eons lower than Charlie Work
IMDb is a fucking mess
>>
>>67578623
Character development is all fucked up. Good, funny character development within the context of the show would be for example Rickety Cricket. His life has gotten progressively worse and his character more physically disgusting and degenerate as the show has gone on. The gang, by contrast, started out as relatively normal people, started along a solid development arch where they slipped into being sociopathic deviants, but are now completely cartoonish and out of whack. Their lives actually seem to have gotten better instead of worse. Episodes in previous seasons were always simple, and took place in the bar and surrounding neighborhood. Now the gang are routinely taking cross country vacations, going on game shows, and becoming involved in grandiose schemes that seem to imply that they are actually in better financial shape than they've ever been in. Their personalities are caricatures which of course is what has given rise to the show being littered with in-jokes and references to earlier jokes. Not funny, and don't stand the test of time once the show is off-air. The sense of humor seems off too. The Gang Hits the Slopes felt like something out of Family Guy with the intentionally drawn out sex scene and the cheesy 80s movie parody.

I don't even know if the show can be fixed at this point, it doesn't even feel like the same show as it was in previous seasons. It's just utter and complete shit and I hope it ends soon so I don't have to continue watching it run into the ground.
>>
Tbh I thought this new season had a lot of good in it
>>
>>67582726
Me too, I thought there was only two or three that weren't that good. Even chardee macdennis 2 made me lose my shit when frank put his flag up "it's 4 'f's. I didn't know it'd come out like that."
>>
>>67582899
>>67582726
Based on what I've heard from most anons (mixed with my own opinions), the problem with Season 11 isn't that it has many episodes that are just straight-up shit, but that the AVERAGE quality per episode is lower than previous seasons.

That, plus the fact that they packed too many gimmick episodes in. Between Slopes, Suburbs, Being Frank, the courtroom episode and the cruise two-parter, there were more 'experimental' episodes in Season 11 than simple standard fare bar scheme episodes. If the season was a few episodes longer like older seasons were, or if a couple of the gimmick episodes were saved for a later season, I imagine the general consensus for Season 11 would be wayyyy better than it is now
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.