[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Modern movies are mastered in 2K >Then uprezzed to 4K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: martian 4k.jpg (225 KB, 740x926) Image search: [Google]
martian 4k.jpg
225 KB, 740x926
>Modern movies are mastered in 2K
>Then uprezzed to 4K
>Retards actually buy these

Why?
>>
28 days later was shot on mini dv, but they still released a blue ray.
>>
>>67575212
>the best movie on this or any other planet
>not even among the best work of either that year or from that director
>>
>>67575212
what's wrong with that

you just double the pixels, it's nothing complex
>>
Same thing with early blurays and HD content. Upscaled DVD like it was cool.
>>
>>67577208
>not appreciating the golden globe winner for best comedy
>>
>>67575212
they are literally cucks
>>
File: 91+QZ7bOXgL._SL1500_.jpg (399 KB, 1201x1500) Image search: [Google]
91+QZ7bOXgL._SL1500_.jpg
399 KB, 1201x1500
With QUALITY movies like Smurfs 2 and Fantastic Four 2015 as launch titles I have no doubt 4K will be a complete success anon.

It's literally's every patrician dream to have such Kino available at film masters resolution
>>
>>67575212
>>Modern movies are mastered in 2K
This isn't true though
>>
Criterion Collection has a lot of movies mastered in 4K
>>
>>67577617
It is though.

Outside of kpop, there's no native 4k content.
>>
>>67577709
#1 DVD release this week is 4k
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951266/technical?ref_=tt_ql_dt_7

Early DVDs and BluRays were probably shite quality as well, but going forward everything will be mastered with 4K in mind
>>
>>67577617
Idiot.
>>
I mean, are you poor or something?
>>
How do you know they didn't shoot in 4k and are using the RAW files for this 4k mastering?
>>
>>67577825
>Negative Format Codex ARRIRAW (2.8K)
>Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (4K) (master format)

This means the movie was filmed at 2.8k and upscaled to 4k, yo.
>>
>>67577895
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3659388/technical?ref_=tt_ql_dt_7

Says so right here that it was mastered at 2k.
>>
>>67577837
Most movies from now on will be 4k and anything that has footage worth selling will be remastered soon.

>>67577963
No it doesn't, the negative is always lower. This is used in case the film needs to be downscaled.
>>
>>67578049
>the film is always lower resolution
>they use this to downscale

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.