[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Examples of times when critics and plebs got it so, so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: southland.jpg (266 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
southland.jpg
266 KB, 1000x1500
Examples of times when critics and plebs got it so, so wrong?

pic related and others include:

Detention
Gamer
Batman vs. Superman
>>
Gamer was an awful movie.
>>
>>67574761
>>67574798
Gamer is one of only 2 movies I felt bad paying for.
>>
>>67574798
>>67574894

plebs confirmed

I hope other people can bring in examples though. It'd be a shame if you guys are all deluded by critics.
>>
>>67574761
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Donnie Darko also sucked shit
>>
>>67574761

Magic Mike XXL for recent stuff OP

genuine kinography
>>
>>67575060

absolutely disgusting
>>
Southland Tales was mind numbingly awful. It's like the worst 2 minute sequence of any Wachowski movie stretched out for 150 minutes set in the Grand Theft Auto universe.

Legitimately top 5 worst movie of all time by any metric, put up against any movie ever made.
>>
File: jj adam's bait.jpg (59 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
jj adam's bait.jpg
59 KB, 625x626
>>67575060
T
>>
>>67575243

nah it's actually incredible

also, thank you for reminding me that Cloud Atlas belongs in this thread
>>
File: lefty.png (392 KB, 832x832) Image search: [Google]
lefty.png
392 KB, 832x832
>>67575291
>nah it's actually incredible
>>
>>67575384

what about it isn't good or interesting?
>>
>>67575216
>>67575272

Watch Donnie Darko sober or as soon as you get out of high school. It magically becomes trash.
>>
File: go_fuck_yourself.jpg (29 KB, 397x306) Image search: [Google]
go_fuck_yourself.jpg
29 KB, 397x306
>>67574761
>Examples of times when everyone but me got it so wrong
>>
>>67575456

nope, that's not true. I will agree I liked it much more when I was younger but I still think it's quite a good movie. Not a masterpiece or anything but it's definitely good. Southland Tales on the other hand is a masterpiece.
>>
>>67575498

but I am far from being alone in my opinions on any of the movies that I posted
>>
>>67575448
The nonsensical plot, pedestrian cinematography, awful performances, and utterly terrible script.

>full music video in the movie

Jesus. What a trainwreck.
>>
>>67575448
It's incoherent, bloated, dumb, poorly acted, immature, thematically dull, insulting to the senses, etc. It's been a few years since last watched so some specific details escape me.

All I saw was what would happen if a 16 year old played Grand Theft Auto and was then given X amount to create a movie about capitalism.

Tell me why it's good.
>>
>>67575538
>me and my circlejerk
>>
File: Southland Tales (1).webm (3 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
Southland Tales (1).webm
3 MB, 1280x534
>>67574761
Is this kino?
>>
>>67575544

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FTx2lHRvCk

please tell me in what world this could ever be construed as pedestrian.

also tell me why having a full music video in a movie is a bad thing? I am not being willfully stupid, I am genuinely curious as to why you think it's a bad thing just because you may not have seen it done before? music videos generally have more aesthetically interesting things going on in them than the average Hollywood movie, the same thing could be said equally of Southland Tales.

>>67575627

How on earth is Southland Tales thematically dull? It's an incredibly complicated, thorough look at American culture and American politics. I can see how people might have problems with the movie itself but saying that it is stupid or lacking ideas is basically objectively untrue.

The movie is a hilarious, moving, rather beautiful look at America in a time of crisis. The movie is deliberately difficult and complicated, its chaos mirroring the issues that it describes to the point of near laughability as plots of political betrayal overlap one another with seemingly no way to open the door to sense. I'm not sure why a movie needs to make sense in order for people to like it, it seems that's a major complaint about it.

Part of what is so amazing about the movie is that it feels extraordinarily fresh, it is made like no other movie I and probably you have ever seen. You might say that's what is wrong with it but I find its obstinate eccentricity to be its most compelling trait.
>>
>>67576018
Oh my God you poor thing
>>
>>67576131

Thanks for the conversation mate.
>>
>>67576172
I honestly can't be bothered to discuss this movie at the lengths we are unless I'm getting paid to do so.

The movie is an absolute train wreck, good for you if you were able to do the mental gymnastics required to find the beauty in it.
>>
>>67576249

So you initiated a discussion, prompted a response, responded to the response by calling that person a retard, then said that you never had any intention of having the discussion that you began.

Keep up the contributions to this board my man, you're doing wonderful work.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.