[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Years later and I still don't understand this uh "joke".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: south-park-lorde.png (314 KB, 807x494) Image search: [Google]
south-park-lorde.png
314 KB, 807x494
Years later and I still don't understand this uh "joke".
I guess it's suppose to be funny because it's a man cross dressing? But that's not really funny at all in fact it's not even that strange these days.

So then are they saying Lorde looks like a man? Well that's clearly not true so that's not funny either

So then uh what's the joke here?
I'm not sure the writers know.
>>
>>67574708
how crusty are your palms right now?
>>
It's typical South Park loud and obnoxious humor. I guess the joke is that Randy can pass for Lorde because lmafo she's an ugly bitch, right guys? She's not but she was popular at the time and anything Randy does is meme-worthy.

Such a shit show.
>>
There was no joke. South Park belongs in the trash.
>>
>>67574708
There was a rumor that Lorde was 10 years older than she said she was, this is just an exaggeration of that rumor. You're just stupid.
>>
File: front butt.jpg (102 KB, 306x921) Image search: [Google]
front butt.jpg
102 KB, 306x921
They have the same front butt.
>>
Before this episode came out there was a rumour that Lorde was a completely manufactured act. That she was actually 40+ and masquerading as 17 to make her voice/ songwriting seem more impressive. South Park took the rumour a step further.

It's still not particularly funny, but that's the explanation.
>>
>>67574708
>it's not even that strange these days.

Yes.

It is.

If a bunch of pedo's infiltrated the government and media and you saw a bunch of pedo's shit, would you think it wasn't unusual?

That's what the fags have done.

Shit's about as normal as being a pedo.
>>
>>67574801
Then why is she a man?
>>
>>67574871
This

Kinda shitty because the joke went over people's head. When they usually make jokes it something that the audience know of.
>>
>>67574898
>faggot conspiracy
I hope you're serious. I love people so paranoid. And closeted.
>>
>>67574899
Because exageration. Also, it's the Randy Marsh show.
>>
>>67574708
South Park died like 6 seasons ago m8. They're literally just doing it for the money now.
>>
>>67574708
>So then are they saying Lorde looks like a man? Well that's clearly not true so that's not funny either
Is lorde your waifu or something? She's very mannish for a woman.
>>
>>67575048
I do recognize this show is shit 90% of the time and the rare time they have a good joke they pummel it to death but I can usually at least understand the joke I just didn't get this stupid lorde one and wondered why they thought it funny enough to base an entire season around it.
>>
File: 1457606834728.jpg (470 KB, 1659x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457606834728.jpg
470 KB, 1659x1080
>>67574708
Really feels like they just wanted to advertise Lorde for reason same way they advertised pewpewpie at the end of that season her company maybe paid them?
>>
I figured it was just the absurdity of the premise

I didn't know about this rumor though
>>67574871
>>
That season was probably the worst season, especially when they tried to introduce the continuity theme which just came off as awkward and gimmicky, doing it for the sake of doing it
>>
>>6757498
>make reference to penis size ( )
>make reference to sexuality (x)
>make fedora reference ( )
>make socioeconomic reference ( )
>>
In the previous episode the kids kept saying that Lorde was going to pay at their party. They never resolved the issue and at the end of the episode they just had Randy in a bad costume.

After the episode aired Twitter blew up about how that was transphobic.

So they naturally did a follow up episode about how Randy really was Lorde.
>>
Randy Marsh was a mistake.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.