[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who felt his character was a little underdeveloped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: jc.jpg (18 KB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
18 KB, 400x218
Am I the only one who felt his character was a little underdeveloped?

Don't get me wrong, De Niro is a great actor, I know this is based off a true story, I know that Conway is an asshole in the movie with his mafia shit.

BUT, there weren't many scenes leading up to him being a full psychopath who would kill his own guys.
>>
>>67572039

He had almost every one of his crew that robbed Lufthansa killed just so he wouldn't have to pay them and from paranoia.

Of course he'd kill Henry if he thought he'd rat. Or more importantly, Henry knew from the heist killings that it was a possibility.
>>
>Jimmy would root for the bad guys in movies
>Jimmy dangled a man over the lion exhibit in a zoo
>Jimmy kicked Billy Batts' ass and helped bury his corpse just because he said something mildly offense to Tommy
>Jimmy's only concern after Tommy murdered Spider, an innocent kid, was about who was going to dispose of the body

How much more buildup do you need? He and Tommy were never portrayed as anything but violent maniacs.
>>
>>67572777
>something mildly offensive
>>
why was so much effort put into making a film about 3 low ranking members of the mob? its a great film and all
>>
> I know this is based off a true story

in the loosest possible sense of the claim
>>
>>67572039
His crew was Henry and jimmy. Everyone else was just a means of possibly going to jail.
>>
>>67572907
He was just busting his balls. It's not like Batts told him his mother was a whore and he fucked his girlfriend.
>>
>>67572928
Cause movies about good people are boring
>>
>>67572907
You insulted him a little bit.
>>
>>67572928
Because it's a story that really hasn't been told and it's a fascinating contrast with something like the Godfather
>>
>>67572988
>>67573026
He personally insulted Tommy in front of his entourage at a public place. Respect is everything in the mafia and Billy openly disrespected him for everyone to witness. If Billy can do it, maybe word gets around that Tommy has gone soft now and can be pushed around.
>>
>>67573152
Solution: Stomp Billy to death
>>
>>67573224
If he hadn't, maybe it could have been him a couple of weeks later.
>>
>>67573152
>I can't let them see me as weak, or they'll tear me apart
>What should I do?
>I know, I'll assault and murder a made man and get myself greenlit!

He could have bantered back instead of getting triggered and ruining everyone's good time.

>>67573287
>It might be me in a few weeks...
>So I should make sure that it will definitely be me!
>>
>>67573357
>banter back
>get murdered
Damned if you do.
>>
>>67573152
>A made man insults you
>You kill him

No you fucking retard.
>>
>>67573224
Nah. Beat him down, keep him in a trunk for awhile while you eat a nice Italian dinner at your mothers, then stab him several times with one of moms kitchen knives before shooting him to death.
Tommy has literally killed for less.
>>
>>67572988
Badda bing, badda boom.
>>
>>67573400
Less of a chance of getting murdered for banter than there is for murdering a mafioso who outranks you.
>>
>>67573152
>at a public place
Funny thing was it was Henry's place. Even if Batts was made he could have asked them both to shut it
>>
>You're gonna like this guy. He's a real Godfather.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67572777
He killed Billy because he wanted his business back.
>>
>>67572039
that's not even the problem. the movie just isn't anything special. at best, it's extremely mediocre.
>>
>>67572039
You don't need to know his life story. The movie isn't about him.
>>
>>67573152
>If Billy can do it, maybe word gets around that Tommy has gone soft now and can be pushed around.

Billy CAN do it because he's a made guy and Tommy is a nobody. What Tommy did wasn't backed up by mob code, in fact it was the complete opposite and that's why they killed him in the end.
>>
>>67573547
Did they say that in the movie or did you read that on wikipedia?
>>
>>67574154
They were arguing about it when Tommy came back, and yes.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.