[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was much more enjoyable than /tv/ said it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: the-martian.jpg (3 MB, 1858x1246) Image search: [Google]
the-martian.jpg
3 MB, 1858x1246
This was much more enjoyable than /tv/ said it was
>>
>Im going to reddit the shit out of this

What did he mean by this?
>>
It's a pretty bad movie. There's no drama or arc.
>>
Mission to Mars was more enjoyable than this
>>
>>67568672
>There's no drama or arc.
that I agree with somewhat, it was hard to get into mostly all of the characters because of how little they were fleshed out, I couldn't even care about matt damon because he just seemed like a wise ass that was great at everything with no backstory. He mentions his parents once, thats it, you'd think the movie would show how his family was reacting to knowing their son is alone on mars for two years. All the 5 other astronauts were generic as fuck too, especially Jessica Chastains character holy shit
But besides that it was cool seeing how someone would survive on mars that long and had some decent atmosphere.
>>
>>67568563
Is Ridley going senile?
>>
>>67568990
Pretty sure he made this pandering piece of garbage so he could keep making weird stuff like The Counselor and Prometheus. The studio probably had him at knife point.
>>
File: 1396891646204.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1396891646204.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
>>67568563
>This was much more enjoyable than /tv/ said it was

How fucking dumb and new are you OP?

Why any of you cucks listen to any opinion on /tv/ is beyond me.

Spastic children with zero taste.

Rule #1 of /tv/

If they hate something it's probably pretty good.
>>
>>67568952
>that was great at everything with no backstory
This is a somewhat invalid complaint. He was a fucking astronaut.
>>
>>67569197
I don't listen to /tv/, its not like I actively avoided the movie because of what this board said about it I just never got around to watching it until last night. Cool your jets
>>
>>67568563
It's pure spacekino
>>
The movie is literally liberal SJW propaganda

>muh female commander
>muh vegetarianism
>muh let's be friends with chinese
>>
>>67568563

What did you find enjoyable about it?
>>
File: you've unlocked a bonus.jpg (17 KB, 488x305) Image search: [Google]
you've unlocked a bonus.jpg
17 KB, 488x305
>>67569360
>I don't listen to /tv/

>>67568563
>This was much more enjoyable than /tv/ said it was

>>67568563
>/tv/ said it was

>>67569360
>I don't listen to /tv/
>>
Somebody from plebbit wrote the script, Ridley didn't understand what memes are and directed it as was written since he's a directing machine.
The best goddamn directing machine on this planet! If only someone would give him a good script once in a while...
>>
>>67568563

Yeah, it was a fun movie.
>>
So did they do that elrond joke because Sean bean was on the cast or did the joke exist in the book and they hired Sean bean because of that joke
>>
>>67568563
I keep on enjoying Ridley Scott's movies despite literally everyone else calling them shit. I enjoyed Robin Hood, Prometheus, Exodus, and now the Martian.
>>
The only good part was when he lifts off and they try to get him in their ship.
>>
>>67568563
All of my professors say it's a fairly realistic depiction of botany in a sci-fi setting. That hadn't ever been done before.

I haven't seen the movie myself, but I really like the concept of self-sustaining life on mars.

I think if you hate this movie, you probably hate the dreams and ambitions in science fiction that has predicated or predicted so many eventual scientific advances. Where's the fun in that?
>>
>>67569435
being aware of what /tv/ thinks =/= listening to /tv/
are you dense
>>
>>67569397
The hope and the positivity
>>
>>67569673
I'm taking astro this semester and my professor says all the calculations are spot on, which is cool. He says he liked it better than interstellar
>>
I like this movie but I can't help but feel it would have been improved if they never showed any of the earth scenes. Just him alone on mars.
>>
>>67569572

>I enjoyed Prometheus

Nigga what? No accounting for taste, I suppose. I agree with the rest, though.
>>
File: 1402978316336.jpg (36 KB, 498x498) Image search: [Google]
1402978316336.jpg
36 KB, 498x498
>>67569689

OP, my child.

You start a thread complaining /tv/ told you a movie was bad that you thought was good.

So obviously by your own words you listened to 14 year old edgy boys.

Now you seemingly can't read your own words and live next to the river Denial.

It's ok kid, you can cry.

Your tears are tasty.
>>
>"I have this draft of a Joss Whedon-esque script with tons of quips and light-hearted tone. Kids will love it. Any idea for a setting?"
>"It'll fit nicely with a setting of absolute, crushing loneliness far from home, with no one to talk to!"

Just fire fucking everyone involved in this.
>>
>>67569823
Yeah, in retrospect a lot of stuff didn't make sense and it shit on all the mystery behind Alien, but I enjoyed watching it at the time and thought the concept of man confronting a vengeful god was interesting.

But yeah I agree that the execution was shoddy and the movie was ultimately quite bad
>>
>>67568563
It was ok. There's no real drama, and all the stakes don't seem to matter.
>>
great movie, /tv/ just hate modern scott, cuck
>>
>>67570015
Except the movie wasn't really about crushing loneliness. It was about a guy with a good ol' American can-do attitude fuckin' shit up on Mars and eatin' po-tay-toes. And it was good.
>>
It was fun but really reddity at times. The whole "DUDE IM A SPACE PIRATE LMAO" speech made me cringe so hard I fell out of my seat.
>>
>>67568597
Try and beat this comment. pro tip you can't!
>>
>>67570093

I definitely understand enjoying a movie at the time and only realizing it was kind of dumb in retrospect. Has happened to me many times.
>>
>>67570349

quit fishing for compliments, we all saw your joke. if we were going to comment on it we would have.
>>
>>67570189
>Except the movie wasn't really about crushing loneliness

No shit, that's what I was trying to say. It SHOULD have been about loneliness. The script and tone do not fit the setting at all. A guy stuck alone on fucking MARS for years is a bit overkill for portraying that can-do murricuh attitude.
>>
File: 1398440268938.jpg (79 KB, 329x335) Image search: [Google]
1398440268938.jpg
79 KB, 329x335
>>67569689
>being aware of what /tv/ thinks =/= listening to /tv/
>are you dense

this guy>>67569435

Uses your own words and you act like a bitch.

bravo
>>
>>67568563
tv hates ridley scott cause he whitewashes western history. tv is a gud goy.
>>
>>67568563
It was OK and a decent scifi survival flick the first part of the movie while it still was about Mars.
>>
I find it interesting how not a single person has been able to criticise this movie without using the word "Reddit".
>>
I don't care if i get banned

OP, literally fuck off to reddit
>>
>>67568672

As soon as you saw Drew Goddard's name, you should've known that. He's literally Joss Whedon 2.0.
>>
File: 1458598415215.jpg (67 KB, 1678x943) Image search: [Google]
1458598415215.jpg
67 KB, 1678x943
>>67568563
Other than garbage such as your average capeshit or Transformers, this is my go to example of a movie made for stupid people that is actually considered to be good by many
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.