[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is daredevil worth watching or is it typical capeshit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: images (49).jpg (29 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images (49).jpg
29 KB, 512x287
Is daredevil worth watching or is it typical capeshit?
>>
>>67550164
Best thing Marvel's ever done.

We're not talking about a masterpiece, but it's pretty solid.
>>
>>67550164
>capeshit
It's capekino
>>
>>67550179
/thread
>>
It's a lot better than the marvel movies somehow
>>
>>67550164
both i think.

It's one of the best shit coming out of the MCU, no doubt, still their was too much legal bullshit imo. Of course Daredevil is a lawyer, but why everytime capeshit wants to be "realistic" it has to involve mob, drug dealers, and a court of law ? it gets boring

But still it was great overall
>>
First 7 episodes of season 1 are top tier capeshit, last half is crap and everything is rushed

I don't know about season 2, I stopped watching when Punisher vs Daredevil wasn't the main focus and elektra came in.
>>
>>67550164
If you skip the relationship melodrama it's extremely good. I'm in a relationship and I still don't care about DD fucking Electra, Mole-Girl or Rosario Dawson.

So some of it falls flat and is boring but the rest is brilliant. It's basically a rollercoaster of quality, watchable capeshit.
>>
Can someone explain me why Stick save Dark Sky's life in the first half of the season to then try to kill it in the second half?

Also, why anyone explain me why the Hand tried to kill Black Sky in the first half to they worship it and avoid hurting it in the second half?

I literally thought I skipped an episode.
>>
>>67550179
very solid, good writing made even better on rewatch- good action and cute actors
>>
>>67550164
you already know the answer, fuck off and get a haircut greasey monger.
>>
>>67550192
>>
Best thing in the MCU but the plot moves VERY slowly and final episode just felt rushed. Still when he finally puts on the costume I felt chills.
>>
It's good capeshit, but it's still capeshit.
>>
S1 is capekino
S2 is capeshit
>>
Has some GOAT moments then waters it down with boring bullshit. Sooo....watch it maybe?
>>
>>67550252
were the court scenes too complicated for you babby?
>>
Season 1 is excellent

I wasn't so much a fan of season 2, seems like Foggy has become a much worse actor and the whole secret ninja clan story seemed a bit hokey. Based Frank was perfect though.
>>
>>67550254
Then keep watching. The "big focus on Elektra" is extremely exaggerated but it is true that they give Punisher to Foggy and Karen for a short while when Matt goes to play corporate spy with Elektra.
>>
>>67551156
Scott Snyder pls
>>
>>67550164
Some of its most major themes are painfully generic. And the central plot is something a 13 year old would dream up.

The writers and actors do pretty good with the shitty source material regardless though.
>>
Elektra perfect waifu

S2 is pretty ok, i'd dare to say even good, considering i just finished before i went to see BatvSup which is total bs
>>
File: Matt_Fist.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Matt_Fist.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>67551156
Gas yourself, pleb.

The only misstep with Season 2 was not having something to connect the Punisher and Hand storylines. Which led to more people growing tired of the Elektra scenes and just counting the time until Frank showed back up.

Season 2 will be looked back on favorably on a second viewing.
>>
>>67552003
Am i the only one who enjoyed Elektra storyline and her?
>>
Season 2 is capekino, season 1 is plebshit
>>
>>67552066
Elektra was a great storyline and character, it just had the misfortune of sharing a season with Punisher which was a greater character and story
>>
Who is the motherfucker that we see at the end of S1 ? He doesn't even appear in S2
>>
>>67552147
True that, but it didn't bother me that much, i enjoyed both storylines
>>
Vincent D'Onofrio was still the best part of season 2.
>>
What's the deal with Black Sky? Wasn't there a Black Sky kid in season 1? Why was Elektra so important? How many Black Skies are there?
>>
Too many fucking ninjas
>>
>>67552003
>The only misstep with Season 2 was not having something to connect the Punisher and Hand storylines

I'd say the whole ninjas, samurai and eastern magic shit was a pretty big misstep. They could have explored the idea of gangs fighting for control in the power vacuum left by Fisk, which would have worked better with the Punisher's introduction and made a little bit more sense too.

But I guess buraku skai is better.
>>
>>67550164
It's like most Netflix originals: it starts off kinda meh but then gets more and more based as it progresses
>>
The first Punisher arc in season 2 was fucking amazing. Should have lasted the entire season instead of drifting off into weird ninja bullshit. Elektra was a fucking shitty character who added nothing.
>>
>>67550971
Noone?
>>
>no more Nelson&Murdock: Avocados at law for a year
Fuck me
>>
muh black sky
>>
>>67550164
First season is capekino, second season is shit.
>>
>>67550971
Stick decided to have her killed once he realised she was letting her emotions control her and fell for Matt.

As for the Hand, I'm not sure.
>>
It was amazing. Both Punisher and Elektra are amazing.
>>
Can somebody remind me what that deep as fuark hole The Hand was digging inside some building was all about? I dont know if they ever explained it, but if they did I wasn't listening because none of that Elektra/The Hand shit really mattered to me.
>>
>>67554344
No they never explained it. It was either where they pulled that coffin out of, or it'll have something to do with The Defenders series.
>>
>>67550254
great call on season 1's first half. It was good until the last few episodes and by the final fight it was generic capeshit level.

season 2 is a more polished version of that last episode desu
>>
File: image.png (541 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
image.png
541 KB, 684x513
>*unsheaths katana*

>"pshhhh nothin personnell kid"

Why is Stick such a shit character?
>>
>>67551206
>Staircase fight with the motorcycle gang
>Fisk and Murdock meeting
>Frank talks about love

Amazing scenes, but for 13 hours of this stuff there should have been more
>>
>>67555054
>Not liking Frank's franking corridor
>>
>>67550252
but all Daredevil does for most of his time is fighting the mob and drug dealers, what, did you expect him to go duel cap murica or iron woman?
>>
>>67555683
This.
Daredevil is street level superhero, if you want a street level superhero who everyonce in a while hangs up with Avengers to deal with more wordly or even cosmic threats watch Spider-man
>>
>>67550254
>>67554487
It's the same exact thing with both seasons.
First 4 episodes of season 1, and first 4 episodes of season 2 are genuinely good TV. The rest of both seasons get unfocused, predictable, and a little bit cringy. The intro of The Punisher in season 2 is pretty danky 420 tho
>>
>>67551001
cute huh
>>
I have to say I wasn't sure of Charlie Cox as Matt, but he grow on me.
>>
>>67550164

Downloading first season right now because of the constant Punisher shilling here, will see how good it is.
>>
File: jhyp.jpg (27 KB, 510x465) Image search: [Google]
jhyp.jpg
27 KB, 510x465
stick reminded me a lot of this guy
>>
>>67550971
I think when they tried to kill her they didnĀ“t know who she was, they just tracked the person who stole their data
>>
When Daredevil knocked the gun out of Punisher's hand when he was about to shoot some Irish scumbag I genuinely started to dislike him. What a hypocritical faggot.
>>
>>67550164
It's like every Netflix show ever. Excellent first season and every season after that will start to shit the bed more and more.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.