[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>raised in a strict scientologist house in southern california
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
>parents wouldn't let me watch many movies
>no internet, video games, television or radio allowed by parents
>home schooled
>one of the VERY few movies I was allowed to watch was Battlfield Earth
>think it was GOAT movie
>watch it as many as 3 or 4 times in one day on our DVD player
>later find out the everyone else in the world considers it a laughing stock and one of the most reviled movies of all time

I-It's not that bad, right?
>>
>>67545641
Your parents should be euthanized.
>>
>>67545641
What other kino did they let you watch?
>>
>>67545641
It's crazy to me that people are raised in 'scientologist households'
>>
>>67545858
>kino

Are you saying BE was kino? Fucking finally someone else agrees

And they let me watch disney movies like snow white and the 7 dwarves, robin hood, and aladdin when we still had a vhs player

>>67545661
Haven't talked to them since I sued for custody when I was 15. Was 8 years ago famalamadingdong
>>
it's a 2.5/10 movie that's treated like a 1/10 flick. take that for whatever little it's worth.

i feel bad for barry pepper even just thinking about it.
>>
>>67545641
>>67545930
Had a hard life, huh?
>>
>>67545994
I could tell you things about the church you wouldn't believe my man....
>>
>>67546018
Go on
>>
>>67546055
Well for starters, I sued for custody and went to live with my uncle and aunt. I used to go to these "classes" for a few hours a day. When I was older I learned that they were essentially are whats called cult "deprogrammers" and were trying to see if my brain was still worth salvaging at 14 or 15-ish years old or if I was too far gone

Oh and after my brother and I switched homes we got numerous letters and phone calls from people we didn't know trying to convince us to run away. I remember one guy called our house and told me that my aunt and uncle were government agents trying to abduct us from our parents and that he could meet us in Austin to take us back to our real parents.
>>
>>67546186
That must have been spooky man. What was it like? How disconnected were you from reality and was there any culture shock during the 'deprogramming'?

Most fucked up thing you saw?
>>
>>67546186
keep going
>>
>>67546223
I consider that period my "second birth" desu. Learned a lot, was allowed free etc etc. A lot of things I assumed turned out to be false. My aunt and uncle gave me a book about the real Hubbard. I use to think magic was real because Hubbard (we were taught) met warlocks, shamans and sorcerors while traveling the world. I learned I missed out on a lot of things normal children had

Most fucked up thing... idk. I could tell you a lot of things. Most people are interested in the celebrities you meet and I've met a fucking ton of famous people not all of whom I knew were famous due to my parent's barrier to the outside world
>>
>>67546366
When did you realize that your parents were indoctrinated retards?
>>
>>67545641

Not Scientologist, but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie
>>
>>67545641
Did you go to Delphi? Also SeaOrg? I might know you IRL.
>>
>>67545641
I liked it for the cave men flying jets and fucking shit up
>>
All of this sounds really familiar. Have you posted about it here before?
>>
>>67546476
No, never. There are many of us out there who left that lifestyle behind

>>67546455
Whose asking? I am still not on good terms with many from the church and I wouldn't put it past them to have seaorg rejects scouring the internet for critics, especially here. I will say this much: I went to Delphian for two semesters before parents ran out of money.
>>
>>67546661
Nah bruh my parents and I dropped out of "muh e-meter readings" a long time ago. Your timeline sounds several years younger than me though so I doubt we crossed paths.
>>
>>67545641
YOUR FRIENDLY BARTENDER
>>
Man Animals, Learning to mine?
>>
The Rifftrax for this is god tier.

STUPID MAN ANIMAL
>>
>>67545641
I WAS TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
>>
Was it shocking to learn that most people on the outside don't even know much about scientology?Hell I think the first time I ever heard about it was from the south park episode.
>>
they got to him, don't ask me how I know
>>
>>67547232
Yes, I assumed Hubbard (among other Scientologist figures) were as household names as George Washington, Jesus or Napoleon Bonaparte.
>>
>>67545641
We didn't need to read your fucking life story, goddamn.
>>
BATTLEFIELD EARTH REBOOT

Fecking when ?
>>
File: fom72p.jpg (127 KB, 1159x801) Image search: [Google]
fom72p.jpg
127 KB, 1159x801
>>67547444
>Napoleon Bonaparte.
oh wow
>>
I've seen it a couple of times on tv as a kid.
I always assumed it was a 5/10 flick, not a horrible disaster that people claim it is.
>>
>>67547962
What the fuck is wrong with this board? Do you retards scan rotten tomatoes for the shittiest movies of all time, then pretend they weren't that bad?
Fucking hipsters, this generation was a mistake.
>>
>>67547960
lol david is a manlet
>>
>>67545641
>home schooled
IN TO THE TRASH IT GOES
>>
>>67545641
Yeah I really liked this movie when I was younger. I remember I got it at Blockbuster for 5 bucks in the used bin. I watched it quite a bit considering I was 14 years old and I probably should have known better, but I just enjoyed anything sci-fi, especially humans fighting back against alien invaders and such. I read the book too... it wasn't too bad, long as fuck though. I tried watching it when it was on TV a few years ago and it was very JUST.
>>
>>67545930
Sued for custody of the Battlefield Earth DVD? That is rough.

Next time you peddle this crap go with sued for emancipation.
>>
interesting thread OP.

can you tell us more about scientology.

literally any crazy stories you have will satisfy me
>>
>>67545641
>thinks we want to talk about some shitty sci-fi flick
So, did they try to recruit you into the sea org? Did they ever talk about Xenu and the spaceships? Did they ever make you give Tom Cruise a blowjob?
>>
>>67545641
op had a hard life
>>
File: 4b543dd8cce6c.jpg (47 KB, 573x604) Image search: [Google]
4b543dd8cce6c.jpg
47 KB, 573x604
When and why did you decide to leave the church?
>>
File: rat.jpg (28 KB, 948x712) Image search: [Google]
rat.jpg
28 KB, 948x712
>>67545641
YOU WANT LUNCH?!
>>
I loved it, both ironically and unironically.

Travolta is trying so hard to be serious, but every word he says just comes out as 'leverage'.

I crack a smile every time I hear, see or even think the word leverage now, and its all thanks to l on hubbard. He truly has made the world a better place.
>>
>>67545641
I liked this book and the movie.

It was interesting, sure it made me wonder why passive resistance wasn't a thing but still.
>>
>>67546433
especially the tilted camera shots. reminded me of the Batman television series. such kino
>>
>>67547895
i wrote a treatment for a BSG-style reboot that made the Psychlos out to be the good guys, but there is no way in hell the Clams would allow it to be made.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.