[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ausfag here just wondering why Americans get the American movie last.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: Civil War Release Info.png (50 KB, 668x401) Image search: [Google]
Civil War Release Info.png
50 KB, 668x401
Ausfag here just wondering why Americans get the American movie last.
>>
File: what the actual fuck.jpg (67 KB, 422x352) Image search: [Google]
what the actual fuck.jpg
67 KB, 422x352
>>67544249
>>
>>67544249
Once again we get a blockbuster before the States. Awesome. I'll let you all know how it goes.
>>
>>67544249
Shit thats annoying
>>
>>67544249
I'd assume something to do with the promo tour, but I'm guessing that's completely wrong
>>
>>67544249
America is mostly black people now, therefore 2nd rate humans must wait

Bit cheeky really discriminating
>>
File: 1458945703320.gif (901 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1458945703320.gif
901 KB, 500x276
>Even Britbongs get to see it a week before Americlaps

Will keep you all updated how shit it is
>>
>>67545125
I have no clue, Australia gets a lot of big movies like a day or two before the States, usually because we have the same release date but Australia's 10 hours ahead.

But eight days? That's fucking crazy, I was shocked.
>>
oh great so we'll get a week of aussie faggots spoiling this shit all over /tv/.

bloody kangaroo shaggers
>>
we got Star Wars pretty late too, 3rd worlders got it as much as a week before the US
>>
>>67545195
We've had every MCU movie from Avengers onwards a week earlier I think. GotG might have been the only one we didn't. That's what leads me to believe it's probably a promotional thing since it lets them split up the cast to hit international markets over the week, then have them all hit the American domestic markets at once
>>
Who cares? It's just tights and shields.
>>
>>67545208
I'm Australian and I always use spoiler tags. I did a thread when we got BvS a day earlier here >>67375220 and it went well, got up to 401 replies.
Just report people who break the rules, it's not difficult. Whenever I report people who spoil shit mods seem to be on top of it and the thread's deleted within a few minutes.

>>67545246
Yeah, that's a decent theory.
>>
>>67545208
Aye cunt Il fuck ya ass cunt up you fucckin yank dickhed
>>
>>67544249
Economics. The US is where the biggest capital is so they stagger the release to build more hype from positive reviews overseas.
>>
>>67544249
Small western market to test the waters i guess.
>>
>>67545411
Could backfire if it's shit, I guess they're confident.
>>
>>67545426
Maybe that's how we'll be able to determine whether a movie will be shit or not prior to it coming out. Staggered launch or hitting every market at the same time like BvS
>>
>>67545426
If Avengers 2, Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Incredible Hulk and Captain America can get good reviews, Im sure this will
>>
Because Australia is the best.
>>
>>67545455
Oh, definitely, but that's what I mean. They're taking a risk doing it this way because if all the other countries say its shit America won't see it - or would they?
>>
Isn't May when blockbuster season starts in America?
>>
>>67545559
Didn't stop people from seeing BvS.

Marvel is extremely confident in this movie. A lot of the people involved and screenings have said it's their best yet. Compared to AoU, where even the actors were like "lol yep it's a movie"
>>
File: mate what the fuck.png (213 KB, 282x346) Image search: [Google]
mate what the fuck.png
213 KB, 282x346
>>67544249
>it's called "Captain America"
>Americans get it last
>>
>>67545653
>Didn't stop people from seeing BvS.
It's only been out a weekend, you can hardly say that yet. We'll see how its second and third weekends go.
>>
>>67545426
>Could backfire if it's shit
This isn't DC we're talking about, mate. Marvel movies have never been shit.
>>
>>67545653
>Didn't stop people from seeing BvS.

Most of those ticket sales were from before the reviews hit. What are they supposed to do, not see a movie they already paid for? Expect a massive drop-off next week.
>>
>>67545740
>marvel
>never shit

sure thing anon, sure thing
>>
File: 1457680085840.png (126 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
1457680085840.png
126 KB, 500x380
Great, if it isn't the aussies who will spoil the movie it will be the spics, slavs, or the britbongs.
>>
>>67545701
>Foreigners seeing a movie called Captain America and not Captain Australia, Captain Britain, or Captain Poo in Loo
>>
marvel have done this for pretty much all of their big movies
>>
>>67545740
>Marvel movies have never been shit.
>Thor: The Dark World
>X-Men Origins: Wolverine
>Elektra
>X-Men: The Last Stand
>Iron Man 2
>Spider-Man 3

Granted, none of those were as bad as Man of Steel, but they were still pretty shit.

>>67545781
Yeah, this.
>>
You Amerifats have better things to worry about

Like North Korea rekting Washington
>>
>>67544926
Once again I find myself boycotting a movie for this reason

FUCK YOU MARVEL

I WANT TO TALK ABOUT MOVIES ON MY ANIME FORUM BEFORE THESE DIRTY NONAMERICANS

DAMN IT THIS SHIT MAKES ME SO MAD
>>
File: cap.png (634 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
634 KB, 500x700
>>67545807
April 18th Paris premiere sold out in 15 seconds.
>>
>>67545820
>>X-Men Origins: Wolverine
>>Elektra
>>X-Men: The Last Stand
>>Spider-Man 3

We're obviously talking about marvel studios here, not Sony or Fox.

Also, Thor: TDW and IM2 were perfectly acceptable. Not amazing, but they were fine.
>>
>>67545965
Okay, that's fair. I don't think it was "obvious", everyone always has their MvDC piece to say.
But fair call. Thor 2 was a 2/10 film, in my opinion, and Iron man 2 was 3/10. BvS was also 3/10.
>>
Usually America gets films months (sometimes even a whole year) before Australia so this is surprising.
>>
>>67546033
Only rom-coms and indie films. Australia always gets blockbusters the same time as Americans or a day before.
>>
File: embarrasdc.jpg (2 MB, 3100x1713) Image search: [Google]
embarrasdc.jpg
2 MB, 3100x1713
>>67545786
>>
>>67544249
It's to do with the rotation of the Earth and timezones. Australians are closer to the start of time zones but Americans are eight days behind (e.g. if it is Wednesday in Australia it's Tuesday from the previous week in America). These are what the release dates look like the movie comes out simultaneously in both countries.
>>
>>67544249

Even bigger question: why is FRANCE almost the first country on earth to get it ?
>>
Because per country America will easily bring in the most cash. To offset this and rake in more international money they decided to stop cucking everyone else and let them get it first.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.