[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return of Godzilla (1984) What does /tv/ think of probaly my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Return_of_Godzilla.jpg (453 KB, 1280x1748) Image search: [Google]
Return_of_Godzilla.jpg
453 KB, 1280x1748
Return of Godzilla (1984)

What does /tv/ think of probaly my favorite and IMO one of the best Godzilla movies made?
>>
>>67539095
It's my third favorite godzilla movie and best of the Heisei era

It could use some editing in places but the Cold War element was great and the suit and score are haunting
>>
>>67539214
Didn't the Roger Corman re-cut of the film changed the editing around? I've never seen it, but I did see the US version of the original Godzilla and they actually went and put alternate/deleted scenes from the original japanese cut of the film around
>>
File: 3goUUgv.jpg (911 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
3goUUgv.jpg
911 KB, 2560x1440
I'm only missing four fucking Godzilla movies and Return is one of them.

These movies are hard to track down but I guess that's the fun in it.
>>
>>67539376
He did, and he did some good edits like arranging footage, but he did some real bad ones like all the pm stuff and the Russian scenes, basically the really important stuff got fucked up
>>
>>67539095
still waiting for a fucking us blu ray release but the rights are an issue.
good flick. i love heisei goji.
>>
>>67539471
As far as I know Return has no US release, not even 1985, at least the original Japanese version has a blu-ray in Japan, but the US cut is said to be mixed in all sorts of rights issues with New Line and Toho
>>
>>67539583
I think there was a VHS release for it, which I'm trying to hunt down. There's a video shop that may carry it but its an hour drive from me.

Also I found an Invasion of the Astro-Monster VHS but the shop (a different one) was asking twenty bucks for it so I turned it down. Should I go back and see if they still have it?
>>
>>67539095
It's alright, but Vs Megalon is the masterpiece of the franchise.
>>
>>67539549
>>67539583
>>67539710
The main issue is toho knows the demand, but they won't because the company that owns the rights is either unknowingly sitting on it or defunct

They're basically waiting it out till the initial rights expiration
>>
>>67539734
SORA NI KAGAYAKU MAKA NO TAIYO
JET JAGGA, JET JAGGA
BOKURA NO JAGGA
>>
>>67539766
>There won't be a complete Godzilla collection on blu-ray in your lifetime
>>
>>67540043
>tfw only the 1954 film got the Criterion treatment
>literally every other Godzilla movie will have an outdated master used for a blu-ray release
>>
>>67539908
This nigga knows what's up.
>>
>>67539095
Probaly one of the best
>dat soundtrack
>dat Godzilla design
>well rounded human characters
>Political Dialog superbly handled
>Spectacular fight scenes with the army
>Godzilla is a villian
If the new Godzilla that comes out this year is anywhere near as close as effective as Return was then I can die a happy man.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.