[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys do realize that Batman killing people was only a weak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
You guys do realize that Batman killing people was only a weak plotdevice so Superman had reasons to dislike him right?

That's why we hate it, not because they're trying something else with Batman.
>>
>>67532028

Well it's also easier to just have him kill someone with a gun than it is to think of a clever way for him to incapicitate them.

People in the cinema actually laughed out loud when he stabs that guy with the knife in the warehouse.
>>
>>67532028
>why we hate it
Fuck off, I loved it.
>>
I think people hate it because then you start wondering, well, why are there even any villains in Gotham. He can literally do a fly by on all his villains in a few hourst and there's no more boohoo how many good guys are left in gotham.
>>
>>67532028
I just assumed older Bruce Wayne is finally fed up giving criminals a pass on their lives after doing it for so long. Kind of like how Alan Moore wrote Rorschach and how he finally cracks after seeing so much fucked up shit.
>>
>>67532236
Maybe in the Snyderverse his villains are actually competent instead of being complete jokes?
>>
>we

speak for yourself or don't speak at all
>>
>>67532307
Doesn't really matter, as batman has the resources to quickly and quietly exterminate any criminal, if hes killing people.
>>
>>67532028

Why doesn't he just carry guns around all the time then? What was the point of running into that warehouse with all those gadgets if he could've just shot them all from the rafters?
>>
File: crying batman.jpg (111 KB, 840x490) Image search: [Google]
crying batman.jpg
111 KB, 840x490
>>
Who did he shoot in the movie?
>>
>>67533237
Bruce was shooting at God.
>>
>>67533237
About 30+ henchmen. Mainly with the batmobile and batwing, but he also straight up uses an assault rifle to explode some bloke with a flame thrower. Also impales someone with his batclaw and stabs another dude in the chest with a knife
>>
>>67532028
You do realized he has killed in almost all of his live action incarnations right? Even the Adam West Batman killed someone.
>>
>>67533559
that was no assault rifle but a machine gun, I think an M60 - someone correct me if I am wrong.
>>
>>67533670
At least Adam wests batman killed by accident and felt fucking bad about it
>>
>>67533559
i thought it was more the shoulder (knife)

But yeah, he kills with the batmobile and batwing. The flamethrower guy, he had no choice.

but jeremy irons explains it at the start, the rage
>>
Literally had someone tell me "I guess you advocate the killing of innocents if you don't mind batman killing people. it's the core of his soul and shouldn't ever be changed."

so nah I think people are just top tier morons
>>
>>67532028
Those fake shoulders are a fucking joke.
>>
>>67532028
Reminder that Batman killed in both Keaton and all three Bale movies, and actually murdered dozens in Batman Begins.
>>
>>67532028
>superman doesn't want even want to fight batman
>HURR SUPERMAN HATES BATMAN

You didn't even watch the movie
>>
>>67533948
I completely agree, although Batman killing people isn't the reason for the movie being shit
>>
>>67534095
Yeah, that's my point also. Writing and editing were my two biggest issues.
>>
>>67533835
>but jeremy irons explains it at the start, the rage
This, batman was turning cruel.

Especially after what happened to Robin which never got to see. Only an allusion to it from his suit that was hanging up.

Hell even towards the end, Batman says this world turns good men bad which was a fedora tip to the DKR.
>>
>>67533948
The thing is he just does it indiscriminately. At least in the other movies they're bystanders or repercussions of his actions. He just flat out shoots people in this bvs
>>
>>67532028
A better reason for Superman to hate him should of been Batman's depiction in the media, the media should of provided a narrative that puts Batman in a negative light.
>>
>>67532236
Joker is the tortured and broken Robin and Bats doesnt want to kill him
>>
>>67532028
>human traffickers shooting at him with guns
>"HE SHOULD BEAT THEM UP N STUFF THEY'LL STOP SHOOTING BECAUSE THAT'S BATMAN DUDE"
>literally witnessed 9/11 times 100 with 2 guys killing everyone he knows just as collateral damage.

This Batman is at least SLIGHTLY based off of the Frank Miller one. I don't know what Max faggot fucking Landis thinks they were going for in this movie. This is clearly a Batman that's seen some shit and is tired of the shit. It's not like he went and killed people in cold blood. That dude with the flame thrower literally said he was going to kill Superman's mom if he didn't kill him, along with probably all those shits in the warehouse. If anyone's to blame it's the fucking cops for not doing their job.
>>
>>67534819
In Batman he kills multiple goons with fire and explosions, and throws one down the bell-tower towards the climax.
He also murders The Joker, who is trying to get away in a helicopter.

In Batman Returns he sticks a bomb into a guy's pants, and then walks away smiling as the guy explodes. He also sets a guy on fire with the Batmobile's exhaust.

In Batman Begins he murders a significant portion of the League of Shadows in the Temple. He also has Gordon destroy the monorail tracks, making him an accomplice to that killing.

In TDKR and TDKR he obviously kills both Dent and Talia.

Again, as you said, MOST of these are self-defence, but the Joker kills and League Temple kills were flat-out murder, not self-defence by any stretch of the phrase, and the Burton kills could easily have been avoided.
>>
I just assumed this was post Killing Joke Batman who gave up trying to be nonlethal

I know im probably wrong with Suicide Squad coming out but it kinda sounded like he finished off the Joker
>>
File: tdkrJokerDeath.jpg (135 KB, 999x772) Image search: [Google]
tdkrJokerDeath.jpg
135 KB, 999x772
>>67532028
>>67534649
This.

The BvS batman draws allusions from Frank Millers TDKR. Hes older - and has been through a ton of fucking shit.

In the 18 months between MoS and BvS (which Alfred alludes to) a bunch of shit likely happens which is hinted at (adding on to the loss of his employees)

>Robin dying
>Joker
>Wayne Manor burning down.

Joker/Robin is the biggest reason for him being far more brutal. Thus in BvS (Where we guess Bruce is about 40/50 years old, since he says hes been doing this for TWENTY years and is OLDER than his father ever was) he shows no remorse.

Now the real question is - if Batman is in his 40s/50s. Why does the Joker in Suicide Squad look so young?

Perhaps Snyder decided to follow the TDKR route where Bruce finally kills the Joker - but in this universe - Jason Todd (the 'tortured robin') goes insane and becomes the new joker.
>>
>>67532307
HE BEAT SUPERMAN IN A FIGHT FOR FUCKS SAKE HE CAN KILL A CLOWN
>>
>>67532307
Maybe he killed him and whoever Robin was, became The Joker.
>>
>>67532236
Maybe he truly sees them as insane individuals and would rather see them rehabilitated? Proof of insanity denies the death penalty.
>>
File: JasonToddDeath.jpg (233 KB, 928x798) Image search: [Google]
JasonToddDeath.jpg
233 KB, 928x798
>>67535216
Perhaps he 'did' kill the Joker in his universe. And has a special reason for being unable the kill the 'current' one?

>>67535196
>>
>>67532680

Maybe because he knows he doesn't need them, and also because he maintains his reputation as something superhuman if he doesn't use guns.
>>
>>67535196
You do realize Jared Leto is also in his 40/50's.
It's just that he's so baby-faced he could easily play a 20 year old.

But yeah I'm kinda hype for SS now because I think they'll fill in some gaps of was going on during BvS to make Batman become so brutal.
>>
>>67535407
>You do realize Jared Leto is also in his 40/50's
Fuck I keep forgetting this.
>>
>>67532121
this

i fucking loved that movie.
>>
>>67535340
What if there's multiple Jokers?
>>
>>67535216
>HE BEAT SUPERMAN IN A FIGHT
>this is what supercucks actually believe
Clark threw that fight and you know it.
>>
File: tdkrBMvsSM.jpg (664 KB, 999x1546) Image search: [Google]
tdkrBMvsSM.jpg
664 KB, 999x1546
>>67535654
>Clark threw that fight and you know it.
Its common knowledge he could kill Batman in an instant.

its only ever possible because Bruce abuses the fact that he'll hold back at the start for him to trap/lure him with Kryptonite
>>
Pretty sure Bats is mentally unstable in this movie. He's gone full psycho after 9-11, presumably. All we know is this guy is a few cards short of a dick. His killing of flamethrower-man was justified because the world's safety was at risk (since Flash told Bruce he should fear him).

Bruce knows just what losing family (his parents and Robin) can do to a man (or alien-man). He knows that Clark could lose his humanity if he lost his family. Clark's family is what connects him to the rest of humanity. Bruce lost his humanity (this is why a giant bat (?) comes out of his parents' grave; he sees himself as more BAT (or demon) than man) when he lost his family completely (losing Jason, who we can assume was like a son to him).

Truly capekino.
>>
>>67535216
To be fair, they went 1-1.

Clark got one when he ambushed the Batmobile and tore the roof off. Batman was completely at his mercy, and they both knew it.
>>
>>67535095
>the Joker kills
Premeditated even. Keaton flat out tells him he's gonna kill him.
>>
>>67532028
You have yet to understand Snyder's grasp at the kinographic level. Superman in BvS is solely Batman's perception of God. He thinks he can make God hate him by inflicting pain on others. He lost any hope he had when his parents died.
>>
>>67535216
Clark trained on a farm and got lucky when he killed Zod. Plus, he still had all his powers when he was fighting Zod.

Bats is a fuckin ninja. Once you take Supes powers away, he's as much of a threat as your typical nu-male fag. Which is why he got fuckin slaughtered
>>
>>67535095
Manslaughter, not murder. In Batman Begins he blew up the temple to cover his own escape, he wasn't actively trying to kill them.
>>
>>67532281
yeah this was obviously an older batman who got tired of being on the moral high ground. that's why he started branding people
>>
>>67536093
Well, now we're getting into semantics, I think. If were were in a court, we could obviously play with it, plead down to the lesser charge in exchange for admission of guilt, argue that it wasn't premeditated, etc, etc.
But Bruce knew people would die when he blew up the Temple.

If you or I were in a house or building and we blew it up to get out of a job interview, and dozens of people died, I assure you they'd come after us with murder charges.
>>
>>67532028

While I'm not against full on lethal justice anti-heroes it doesnt really make sense for this character in this universe.

Like why doesnt he just kill Lex at the end?

Why doesn't he just kill the sex offenders he brands and knows will get murdered in prison later anyway?

Why doesn't he just carry assault rifles if hes fine with guns now?

Why have non-lethal gadgets at all if he's gone full Punisher mode?

Why is his nightmare meant to be shocking that he's shooting people when he does that in real life with fucking mini-guns on his bat mobile?

Why hasn't he killed the Joker already for fuck sake?

Just seems tacked on for the sake of violent action scenes.
>>
>>67536293
>If you or I were in a house or building and we blew it up to get out of a job interview, and dozens of people died, I assure you they'd come after us with murder charges.

Oh man, that sounds like the opening act of a Guy Ritchie film.
>>
>>67536396
Largely because hes psychotic. He still holds on to his old rules - they are just fraying - Hence Alfred asking whats changed and he replies 'nothing'

The film showed that if his combatants died during combat - he cared little. Though he still seems to hold some semblance of his 'past' rules
>aka he'll let them go to prison - but now he brands them.

Hes old - and seemingly on the edge of insanity after losing Jason (who was like a son to him. Its the equivalent of his parents dying all over again).

In the Knightmare hes gone full Punisher. Not in the current movie we are watching - hes just on his way there.
>>
File: joker-eye.jpg (157 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
joker-eye.jpg
157 KB, 700x394
>>67532097
Batman
Stab
>>
>>67532028
Horse shit

Utter bull shit

The scene where Superman crashes the batmobile and warns Batman to stop his "criminal" actions makes ZERO sense seeing as how he just MURDERED what looked like security guards for a shipment of a fucking rock. Superman had LITERALLY NO REASON not to bring him in to the police right then and there.

But the undeniable truth is that that confrontation scene between the two characters was pulled wholesale from a script where Batman does not fucking kill. Clearly, in that scene, Superman was meant to show mercy to Batman due to his capture of numerous dangerous criminals over the decades but was warning him to stop his brutal vigilante ways. With a killer Batman, Superman showing him mercy is nonsensical.
>>
>>67536519
>Flashpoint
>Bruce Wayne

pick one
>>
>>67536693
read the filename spaz
>>
>>67535196
Batman didnt kill the Joker in TDKR

Are you retarded?
>>
>>67536693
Read the image title.

Was the only other 'batman' image i had on hand.

>>67536668
Did supes know about the guards? Seems like he just showed up with the old knowledge that Bats just beat up thugs.
>>
>>67532028
You realize Batman killing people is nothing new, right? He used to kill people in older comics.
>>
>>67536765
Joker was bleeding to death in huge amounts and was missing an eyeball. But I'll admit that he snapped his own neck.
>>
File: WhiteFish finds this shocking.jpg (14 KB, 415x494) Image search: [Google]
WhiteFish finds this shocking.jpg
14 KB, 415x494
>>67536785
There is a new website called Google.com. It lets you find images other than the unrelated ones you have on hand.
>>
File: 1458832971360.jpg (42 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1458832971360.jpg
42 KB, 500x363
>>67536765
Anything can be true if you remove the proper context and replace it with your own.

Pretty much how Zack Snyder adapts stories for film.
>>
I hated this iteration of batman and no amount of shilling will change it.
>>
>>67532028
>trying something else with Batman
>killing
No. That is not "something else".
He's killed plenty of times.
>>
>>67537020
Go to bed Max.
>>
>>67537025
This guy knows his stuff. He saw a video on youtube about Nolan's Batman.
>>
>>67535855
>few cards short of a dick

Since I assume that was an autocorrect mistake, you must talk about dicks a lot.
>>
>>67536668
>With a killer Batman, Superman showing him mercy is nonsensical.
Nigger he is fucking Superman.
SUPER
MAN
He shows strength where others would let their weakness get to them.
Plus he knew those guys Batman was killing were Lex's henchmen who are by no means innocent.
If the Kryptonite wasn't in a lead-lined case, superman probably would have killed them himself.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.