[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you like Man of Steel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: manofsteel1.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
manofsteel1.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
Why don't you like Man of Steel?
>>
i do tho.
>b-b-but /tv/ is one person
>>
>>67530971
I never said /tv/ doesn't like it. I said why do people who don't like MoS hate it.
>>
It's boring and full of plot holes mostly
>>
>>67531021
What plot holes? Why is it boring? You can't just say these without giving examples.
>>
>>67530928
I do though. I remember feeling like that was the first time I really got lost in the world of a film, I really drank in the whole idea of an alien coming to Earth and having to find himself, and his identity.

I'm sure it doesn't stand up to rewatches but back then it made me feel like a little kid again.
>>
>>67530928
>>67531101

I love this movie but it has flaws.

>Pa Kent's death
>lois lane romance out of nowhere feels like it was rushed
>>
>>67530928
I liked it. But they should have switched Pa Kent and Jor-El around. Jor El tells Clark to use his powers to take over Earth and be revered as a god, while Pa tells him to use it for good, to save them, and help people.
>>
>>67531265
>pa kent's death

He cared for his son and didn't want him to blow his cover so early.

>lois lane romance out of nowhere feels like it was rushed
Good point. Women do like strong men, though. So there is that.
>>
>>67530928
>liking dc outside of bman
?
>>
Ok I'll bite. The movie is boring as fuck. Superman literally has no personality, like none, the entire movie is just cardboard cutout tries to do the right thing. Fight scenes are Micheal Bay transformers AoE tier. The dialogue I can remember is retarded as fuck, everything anyone does is retarded as fuck. Christ imagery. Lois being the most annoying thing on the planet. I was rooting for her death for 2 movies now. It's very disappointing.
>>
>>67530928
I do like it desu
>>
>>67531101
>You can't just say these without giving examples.
Yes they can.
>>
>>67531437
>He cared for his son and didn't want him to blow his cover so early.
No everything in that scenario could of definitely been avoidable. Clark is a teenager. They are known for their agility. It would be believable that a normal teen could save pa kent.
>>
>>67530928
it was fun. and it looked amazing 98% of the time
>>
>>67531537
Teenagers can dodge tornadoes?
>>
>>67531509
Weird, I thought Superman had a pretty good personality which was battling his inner fear of being incredibly powerful, while harvesting thoughts of being an alien/doesn't belong. There's also his struggle in discovering who he is and what his place is on earth.

Also, the Christ imagery shouldn't be a negative point considering that's the whole focus of the character.

I agree with the Lois points though.

It's also 'Michael'.
>>
>>67531634
the tornado wasn't there yet. It was very close but it wasn't there. The time it took for Pa to notice his foot stuck and look up at clark while nodding his head was enough time for clark to run up and save him
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 500x382
>>67530928
It always reminded me that I'll never have Faora as my wife
>>
>>67531509
>It's very disappointing
only because of your retarded expectations

if you watch 2001 expecting Aliens, you'll also be dissapointed
>>
>>67531683
>Also, the Christ imagery shouldn't be a negative point considering that's the whole focus of the character.
Well, the film went overboard with the imagery.
I mean, come on, look at this. manofsteelresources.com
>>
>>67531780
a tornado doesn't work like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJPGuMfnty4
>>
File: 1371157002000-AntjeVideoImage.jpg (226 KB, 786x900) Image search: [Google]
1371157002000-AntjeVideoImage.jpg
226 KB, 786x900
I only saw the movie once so I can't remember it completely, but I think the exposition could have been done better and more convincingly.
The fight scenes were far too extravagant and destructive- they could have shown man of murder at least trying to save people and prevent destruction and the fights could have been shorter.
With that extra time could have been the better characterisation of superman.
I think a lot of the alien stuff could have been reduced, the movie was too busy.
Also the main character and story should have been swapped out for Antje Traue naked for 120 minutes.
>>
>>67531891
well in the movie it apparently did because the tornado was RIGHT NEXT to them
>>
>>67531861
Its more like someone going to see Aliens, and getting 2001, except cast entirely by guys in xenomorph costumes spouting mangled philosophy.
>>
Lois Lane served no purpose. The movie would have been exactly the same without her.

Superman kills thousands of innocent bystanders through collateral damage but when it comes to killing Zod, he struggles with it.

STOP INVINCIBLE SON

>>67531790

This too
>>
>>67531683
Looking around doing nothing doesn't mean internal strife. The only thing this superman does that remotely gives off any personality at all in both movies is he gets in a tub of water with his GF while wearing a suit in BvS. WHOA that's a complex deep character. Why did the Kryptonians want to terraform Earth when it was obviously extremely hospitable and makes Kryptonians even stronger? When superman is exposed to Krypton atmosphere on the ship he practically blacks out from how shitty it is.
>>
>>67530928

i want my Superman to be lighter and more hopeful, and save people with the superman theme blasting, leave the brooding to Bats
>>
>>67532142
>Why did the Kryptonians want to terraform Earth when it was obviously extremely hospitable and makes Kryptonians even stronger?

That's so stupid I think I blocked it out both times I watched MoS.

I really tried to like that movie. But holy fuck does it not have the most retarded plot possible.
>>
>>67531861
yup this movie is on par with 2001. Youre right, anon, how could he be so blind
>>
It has pacing issues during the last hour or so, it has a fight in smallville, a fight with the world drive, and a fight with zod back to back with no breathing room, the film doesn't give me a chance to take a breath and digest what has happened, it's just a big dumb loud transformers-esque movie during the second half
>>
File: 1454283105031.gif (494 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1454283105031.gif
494 KB, 500x259
>>67535168
That's honestly the best part of the movie, nothing but fighting with little to no dialogue. People didn't like that part?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.