[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I value critics or audience in this one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: thefuck.png (29 KB, 482x213) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.png
29 KB, 482x213
Should I value critics or audience in this one?
>>
>>67530036
jackie chan
>>
>>67530036

450 million dollars in 3 days mate you can either see it or you can be the only person who hasnt do you like comic movies or not
>>
Not trolling, but audiences
>>
>>67530036
Should I value the opinion of someone who's career is to evaluate films or the opinion of normies who evaluate films on the basis of which one had the biggest explosions
>>
>>67530036
Audience. It's far from a perfect film, but I have no idea why this film is receiving a critical bashing while something like Age of Ultron and Thor 2 didn't.
>>
File: bvs.png (34 KB, 691x350) Image search: [Google]
bvs.png
34 KB, 691x350
Audiences and critics hate it, so it doesn't matter which one you follow.
>>
>>67530036
Audience. Movie is a solid 7-7.5/10. Not as good as GOTG but it's decent as Capeshit goes
>>
Wait for the director's cut, pal.
>>
>>67530151
If those suckers gave Batman Returns a B, then this movie must be good.
>>
>>67530151
Audience tastes have changed over time and evolved. There's a higher standard for cape now. Release Catwoman and GL today and the Cinemascore would be much worse.
>>
Critics and audiences both hate the shit so it doesn't matter
>>
>>67530036
>Should I value critics or audience in this one?

Serious question, are there any movies where the critic score is more accurate than the RT audience score?
>>
I've never ever trusted audiences or critcs. Sorry I'm not a console warrior.
>>
Critics, its dogshit.
>>
>>67530036
120000 of those user ratings were made before the film was even released so probably not.
>>
>>67530290
The one he just posted
>>
>>67530036
>Critic average rating: 5/10
>Audience average rating: 7.6/10

Critics
>>
>>67530036
It depends, are you as plebeian as the average capeshit fan?
>>
>>67530036
Listen to your heart.

It's gonna tell you what to do.

Well you might need a lot of lovin' but you don't need him.
>>
>>67530036
Just came back from my first viewing

No way this flick deserves less than 40%. Its nowhere near as good as it should've been but the hate is ridiculous

Lex luthor was fucking garbage by the way
>>
>>67530428

Therein lies the trickery of RT

They're not saying that it's a 29% film

They're saying that 71% of reviews are 59% or less
>>
>>67530036
When you consider the fact that this movie had literally over 100,000 10/10's before it had even premiered, the fact that it has sunk this low just tells you how fucking awful the movie is for both critics and fans alike.
>>
>>67530036
are you a critic or a regular person watching in a movie theater?
fuck the critics
>>
It's better than shit like Age of Ultron and Iron Man 2 on basically every conceivable level. I don't understand the reviews when those movies were praised to high heaven.
>>
>>67530696
This. I still don't see how people can't understand this.
>>
File: BvSkek.png (191 KB, 769x229) Image search: [Google]
BvSkek.png
191 KB, 769x229
>>
If the audience rating isn't at least like 80% there's some sort of issue.
>>
>>67530798
IM2 is widely considered the worst MCU movie and AoU wasn't universally praised either. What are you talking about?
>>
>>67530254
What? Green Lantern was five years ago.
I'll give you cat woman though.
>>
>>67530036
Neither.
>>
>>67530036
> 29% + 73% = 102%
> 102% Ă· 2 = 51%

You're looking at a coin toss as far as you liking it goes.
>>
>>67531088

Nah, he's not. Because he's asking specifically about how to weight the critics vs. the audience, so you're not going to take a straight average, you're going to weight it.
>>
well its lower than MoS than both so if you didn't like that, you'll hate this because its objectively much much worse
>>
>>67530064
>450 million dollars in 3 days
oh wow no way a bunch of plebs went to see some capeshit, that never happens so it must be good
>>
File: cs3.jpg (36 KB, 635x359) Image search: [Google]
cs3.jpg
36 KB, 635x359
Everyone always knew that critics were pretty shit but with this we learned just how biased these fuckers are. They praise Marvel and the r-eddit humor and then bash DC for not conforming to making the typical capeshit
>>
>>67531226
Its only worse than MoS because batman kills too lmao
>>
>>67530036
none

critics are basically the loud voice of the plebs.

and "audiences are stupid" is a given, clearly
>>
>>67530036
Neither of those are good, so I don't see your point. Considering all the capebabbys that were adamant that it was an 11/10 BEFORE it even released and got BTFO. Let's be honest, even a mediocre BvS would be close to 90% just because it's BvS. This was a travesty.
>>
I'm pretty sure the audience score was given before the release and just based on hype...
>>
File: Bellcurve.gif (8 KB, 591x303) Image search: [Google]
Bellcurve.gif
8 KB, 591x303
>>67530036
>Should I value critics or audience in this one?

Statistically speaking. . . .
>>
>>67530036
anyone else notice how 27% + 73% = 100%?
>>
File: kek.png (700 KB, 938x880) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
700 KB, 938x880
The fact i'm actually seeing normies across my facebook discussing it being bad should speak for itself. Almost every capeshit movie ever, except maybe fanfourstick has been universally praised on normiebook.

This is pure trash. I even looked up some reviews by those comic and capeshit based youtube channels that usually violently wank to anything and everything capeshit and they can't even defend it.
>>
>>67531445
>Marvel makes an R rated film and 2 MA TV series.
>Two of these are well received by critics and fans alike.
>Somehow Marvel Universe is more childish and reddit tier.

Okay.
>>
>>67530064
>heavy marketing
>synchronized international release
>ticket presales are pretty huge thanks to TFA
>review embargo
>holiday weekend

They basically pulled every trick they could to get a big opening weekend.
>>
>>67531752
Deadpool isn't from Marvel.
>>
>>67530036
the only reason the audience score is that high is because the DCuck pleb hordes gave a bunch of 10/10 ratings to it before even seeing the movie and it's still only 73% lmao

movie is trash, watch literally anything else
>>
>>67530036
It's barely 70%, with a average of 3.8 with the general public and you people consider this a success?
>>
>>67531793
This.

Also, I wish they went by number of tickets sold than how much each theater did in ticket sales. Number of tickets per capita would be a much better statistic to compare old and new releases, and releases in different theatres.

For instance, I can pay $18 a ticket to go to a theater where I have alcohol and waiters. Or I can pay $5.50 for a matinee. How are these differences accounted for when making figures for the headline "Medicore blockbuster breaks all ticket sales records at $500 million on opening weekend."?
>>
>>67531752
Deadpool might as well be R-edditpool and the two TV shows don't count
>>
>>67531813
What? He is part of the Marvel Universe.

Deadpool doesn't turn up in Justice League stories, he turns up in X-Men and Avengers stories
>>
>>67531672
>facebook
>youtube
lol you mean the the same type of people who worship RT and IMDB scores and take all their cues from each other on twitter?
>>
>>67531977
>2 TV shows don't count
Why, because CW makes such shit shows all the time? Or they have a good thing going then have it fall apart halfway through the season?

You're as bad as the Oscar Jews that left out shit like Beasts of No Nation because it was a Netflix Original.
>>
>>67532050
No I mean it's a good reference point to see what the masses think of it and what they're saying in passing conversation. Not everything has to be a website war mate, put your autism away.
>>
neither, you watch it and judge for yourself
>>
>>67531999
In the comics he is. He's not made by Marvel Studios
>>
>>67532088

Marvel Studios is not in charge over the Netflix Series. And you should be glad because otherwise they'd be shit.
>>
>>67531672
This, even the people I asked after the movie said it was shit or worse than Man of Steel
>>
File: 1456884743409.jpg (40 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1456884743409.jpg
40 KB, 700x393
>>67530036
Audience score means jack shit, fucking My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 has an audience score of 69%.
>>
>>67532292
>Not enjoying the truly BASED social commentary on Greek culture and the modern day American weight problem
pleb
>>
The critics are in the wrong here.
>>
The audience score was 99% with tens of thousands of reviews before the movie premiered.
>>
>>67530036
do you have an I phone or not.
>>
>>67532228
Ah, so that's why they couldn't show the X-Men Acadamy, repeatedly reference Marvel characters in the movie, have X Men show up, or many any other references in the new Deadpool? I must have been hallucinating.
>>
>>67532979
Fox owns the rights to (movies about) the mutants... that includes Deadpool.
>>
>>67532979
How autistic are you? Fox have owned everything X-men and mutant, including Deadpool for fucking decades.

Marvel atm only owns the rights to the tv show characters like daredevil, JJ etc. and all the characters from Avengers.
>>
>>67532175
I never said anything about a website war. I'm saying it's kinda lol to put too much value on watching the herd mentality of normalfags stuck in a feedback loop, outside charting their behaviour.
>>
File: 1431379290785.jpg (28 KB, 534x422) Image search: [Google]
1431379290785.jpg
28 KB, 534x422
>>67530151

>People gave Green Lantern & Catwoman a B-Score
>>
>>67530080

Critics also shat on Apocalypse Now m80.
>>
>>67530367
underrated
>>
*tips fedora while stepping out of the shadows*

The pitiful peons at Marvel have underestimated the power of DC one time too many. The "Marvel Cinematic Universe". Huh. A shoddily shot, messily put together series of soulless and artless wastes of celluloid designed to appeal to the base intellects of moronic manchildren still dreaming of becoming powerful as they waste their lives away masterbating to images of Black Widow.

Only a fool and a weakling of mind could gain satisfaction from watching poorly animated CGI trade weightless and impactless punches while trading quips a severely mentally retarded Thai ladyboy would find beneath him/her.

DC understand cinéma. They understand kino. DC know how to build shade and light in a performance, how to engage the minds of true enlightened souls. DC have redefined not just superhero films, but the entire film industry itself.

Mentally challenged Marvel fanboys can only begin to grasp the tectonic shift in filmmaking that has been unleashed. Critics and reviewers fail to recognize a movie far ahead of its time once again, crying on their blogs about lack of snark and quipping - failing to recognize a literal masterpiece as it unfolds before them.

The public have responded. The entire filmmaking industry has been shaken to its core. DC have changed the game utterly - a new landscape is carved, a beauty is born, a God walks among men.

*teleports away*
>>
>>67532438
>lady has benis
for what purpose?
>>
My sister said it was good and that it didn't deserve bad reviews, so we all know who's right here
>>
It was a great movie. Critics made up their minds before they ever saw it that they wanted to hate it. Then they got into a giant circle jerk/race to see who could hate it the most and write the most scathing review possible. All they were able to do was make themselves look like out of touch jackasses.
>>
it's just shit

/thread
>>
>>67535673

Your sister's a whore...so, who wants to believe a whore?
>>
>>67536034
Fuuckk yoooouuuuuuuuu my sister is a respectable young woman
>>
>>67530036
Definitely audience.
>>
File: 1478945236529.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1478945236529.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>>67530036
The critics arent wrong

Its a pointless bullshit drab humorless movie thats an hour too long

Seriously what was the main point of the story
They just kind of made it up as they went along
>>
How bout you value your own opinion, you fucking insecure sheep.
>>
>>67530036
Consider this: the critics stock is a bunch of pretencious picky assholes who demand attention, but they know about cinema.

The audience is mostly filled with comic book fags who just care about who well incarnated are the characters, that's why they don't see the vast fields of plotholes in this movie.

The best you can do is to go watch it and have your own criteria about it.
>>
Who gives a shit about opinions? It's all about the money and it's going to make a lot of money. So hope you like Zack Snyder because he's not going anywhere.
>>
>>67530036
I saw it and am not sure why critics are lambasting it so intently. I feel like Zack Snyder pissed in their wheaties or something. Especially when they blow their loads over every Marvel film. I don't see what's so wrong in comparison.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.