[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Disney IPs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Tomorrowland.png (600 KB, 648x359) Image search: [Google]
Tomorrowland.png
600 KB, 648x359
Hey /tv/, just watched this today for the first time, and Zootopia last night, and I gave to say, while neither one is a cinematic masterpiece by any means, both are fun movies, technically sound, entertaining. Both movies have decent writing and direction. Both movies are satisfying as what they are, but don't do much more.
So I have two things to bring up for discussion, number one is how can we improve new IPs with resources behind them. The budget of these movies wasn't the main issue holding them back, though I suspect the marketing budget may have been partially to blame for them performing well but not excellently at the box office. For them to become exciting and interesting movies, what could they have done? What would have made these movies better?
>>
>>67521297
No athena, no tomorrowland 2
>>
Tomorrowland was awful. Didn't make any sense at all. I can't believe someone read that script and decided to move forward with the production instead of getting a rewrite.
>>
>loli robots
>>
>>67521297
They're both communist propaganda
>>
>>67521297
First half of Tomorrowland was fine, but the second half, especially the finale seemed to lack some bite.
>>
File: alice's day at the sea 1924.webm (3 MB, 648x480) Image search: [Google]
alice's day at the sea 1924.webm
3 MB, 648x480
>>67521297
why looking for new meme IPs when they could just revive their classic Kino "Alice comedies" series?
>>
>>67521479
it literally begins with a voiceover apologising for 2 false starts. it's terribly written from the get go.

I would've forgiven them if they used a record scratch
>>
>>67521297
isn't zootopia considered a box office success?
>>
>>67521369
Was it really awful? I mean, for what it was, was it awful? I'm not saying it was an excellent movie or anything, just that it was fine, and fun, and sort of hopeful and sweet. The effects were good and the concept was cool.
Regardless, I guess beyond these specific movies, what is required for a new IP to be successful?
>>
>>67521896
Yes, it was successful, but not a blockbuster.
>>
File: lolibot.webm (3 MB, 1400x868) Image search: [Google]
lolibot.webm
3 MB, 1400x868
>>67521650

>Disney had a pedo agenda since the very beginning
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.