[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else hype for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (420 KB, 680x1058) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420 KB, 680x1058
Anyone else hype for this?
>>
>>67513605
Me. I love Richard Linklater.
>>
>>67513605
Strong footgame.
>>
File: 1278629181638.jpg (5 KB, 155x143) Image search: [Google]
1278629181638.jpg
5 KB, 155x143
>>67513605
>because boyhood was such an abysmal failure, let me give you the spiritual sequel to the one movie I made people liked
>>
>>67513797
>>boyhood was such an abysmal failure,
>numerous awards and recognition
>made a ridiculous amount of money for its meager budget
>a personal project for over a decade that was realized and embraced by everyone

>some doughy nobodies on a friend simulator made fun of it so it's a failure.
>>
File: 1293082919034.jpg (21 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1293082919034.jpg
21 KB, 367x451
>>67514036
Ouch, did I hurt your feelings that badly Richie?
>>
>>67514115
Literally nothing I said was wrong btw
>>
i fucking hate the 70s
>>
Trailers look awful but people keep saying good things just like Boyhoood
>>
>>67514181
This movie is in the 80s
>>
I want to watch it yes
>>
No.
>>
I want some.
>>
I don't want some
>>
Sometimes I want some
>>
Who wants some
>>
I got some and didn't like it
>>
come gets some
>>
Give me some
>>
Jesus christ how fucking horrifying
>>
Jesus Christ how fucking awesome
>>
I went to a free screening of it here in Boston.

IT'S ON PAR WITH DAZED. So fun. Doesn't give a fuck about political correctness. It'll make you wanna join a frat.
>>
>>67514970
The whole ensemble is great. Finnigan is easily the best, but there's really not one dull character.
>>
>>67514970
>on par with dazed
Damn son. This shill just sold me
>>
>>67514970
>Doesn't give a fuck about political correctness.
wow thats all it takes to be a good movie
>>
>>67515029
>>67515074
I forgot that I was on /tv/, so it improssible to like anything.
>>
>>67515161
Why is not being politically correct a sign of a good movie, over any other quality you could have listed?
>>
>>67514115
Seriously in what way was boyhood a failure. A lot of people didnt like it but it wasnt like linklater was trying to cater to the general public, its obviously a passion project that resonated with critics and patricians. Linklater must feel really acomplished.
>>
>>67515247
Because the movie displays life in a frathouse where women are sexually objectified CONSTANTLY. At one point, 2 girls are mud fighting in their underwear. It's nice to see Linklater not shying away from the young male adult mindset by having them come to the realization that they're pigs or something.

The movie is great because we follow a group of bros (all well realized and developed with their own distinct and fun personalities) interacting with each other over the course of 3 fun days. It's Dazed in college.
>>
>>67515615
*by NOT having them come to the realization
>>
My dad will probably love this movie. He basically lived it.
>>
>>67513605
Very. Last movie I see before ordering my helium tank.
>>
>>67516320
You should order it first. So it's ready to go once the credits roll
>>
Looks like something I'd have on in the background and maybe turn around to look at twice.
>>
>>67513605
Look at all those "literally who?"s
>>
Movies named after a song that plays over the trailer have a 100% chance of being absolutely terrible.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.