[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh say can you see! Oh say can you see! Fuck Hitler.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 600x325
Oh say can you see! Oh say can you see!

Fuck Hitler.
>>
The quote is actually "Oy say can you see, Oy say can you see"

Steamboat Willie was mocking the American soldiers by implying that the USA is a Jewish nation.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (25 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
25 KB, 500x341
>daily reminder that Adi's favorite movie was King Kong
>>
>>67513561
I like American

FANCY SHAMCY
>>
This movie is actually fucking garbage. From a technical POV it's well-executed, but historically speaking (and in terms of military tactis too) it's less than accurate, but pure fiction. Just Spielberg putting out a Mary Sue version of WW2 that never took place IRL

If you want to see true WW2kino watch stuff like Stalingrad (the original 90's one, not the bolshevist kremlin propaganda version from 2013) or the finnish adaption of the unknown soldier (1986 i think), it has some amazing tracking shots
>>
>>67513561

A reminder that he is NOT the guy who stabs the dude upstairs. he IS the one that kills Tom Hanks though.
>>
>>67513835
You sure about that?
>>
>>67513789
>If you want to see true WW2kino watch stuff like Stalingrad (the original 90's one, not the bolshevist kremlin propaganda version from 2013)

1990 Stalingrad was melodramatic trite. All german WWII movies are because MUH GUILT, except Das Boot maybe

Regards,

German
>>
>>67513870

100%
>>
>>67513870
They're played by two different actors.
>>
>>67513835
I'm sorry to say that you are wrong, sir.
>>
>>67513672
>Oy vey can you see!
>>
>>67513789
It's not a "Mary Sue version of WW2". The movie never implies that the liberation of France was the entire war.
>>
>>67513894
>>67513906

Huh. Well then.
>>
>>67513561

>4chan user when interacting with any human being not on the internet.jpg
>>
File: landa mfw.jpg (38 KB, 392x435) Image search: [Google]
landa mfw.jpg
38 KB, 392x435
>>67513890
>>67513890
Stalingrad is decent on its own right because it depicts the struggles of common german infantrymen in a realistic fashion. Leftists got extremely worked up over this movie and called it fascist back when it released... Of course that's not what it is (Vilsmaier is a leftist himself), but it goes out of its way to depict german soldiers as anything else than heartless monsters, and that alone is commendable and makes it stand out imo 2bh
>>
>kike pulls out knife
>gets killed by it

poetry
>>
>>67513789
Come And See is pretty high quality kinography.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.