[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this a good film?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Why is this a good film?
>>
>>67513025

it's not

only good Kubrick movies: Eyes Wide Shut, 2001, The Killing
>>
>>67513025
S'alright for a 1971 Kubrick film.
>>
Because edgetards didn't see the satire in it. Same with Fight Club
>>
>>67513025

Because alex was unreliable narrator who faked that he was cured so that he can get out of prison. And of course goverment knows that but they still pretended that method worked so that they can free prisons to get more room for political prisoners. Film is actually genius
>>
because it was entertaining all the way through
>>
Essential fedora-core
>>
NO SHE'S DEAD

SHE WAS VERY BADLY RAPED

the dialog is great. it's an entertaining variety of britishness

AHHHH YESSSS LITTLE ALEX
A BIG BLACK [SPOILER]MARK[/SPOILER] FOR EACH ONE WE CAN'T SAVE
YOUR VICTIM HAS DIED
YOU'RE A MURDERER

I've suffered the horrors of the damned, sir, the horrors of the damned.
>>
OHP?
You mean the Press.
>>
>>67514643
Not sure if you're trolling but I'm pretty sure Alex didn't fake it.
>>
Book is better, still one of my favorite movies.
>>
>>67513025
Very unique and interesting style, great performance by Malcolm McDowell, ultra violence, interesting questions about ethics and free will, memorable scenes and dialogue
>>
>>67513047
Elaborate
>>
>>67515322

There is a great video about this subject. It is called The Ludovico Lie, you should watch it.
>>
>>67515687
Thanks, I'll be sure to give it a watch.

Does it explain why he would choose to jump out of a window? Surely someone faking the treatment would have any other option than to risk landing himself in hospital, or even killing himself.
>>
>>67515975
>Does it explain why he would choose to jump out of a window?

Yes it dose.
>>
>>67515687
>>67515975
>>67516077
There's also a book adaptation that explains why he jumps out the window. It's called Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
>>
>>67514828
>meme generation ruins another good thing that's good upon it's own merit
>sincere enjoyment of anything has become impossible to this generation
>>
>>67515435
book is almost identical but has a shit final redemption tacked on.
in the movie literally everyone is shown to be a asshole at the end. even the doctors are fucking nurses in the room where Alex is recovering from a coma.
it's beautiful
>>
>>67513025
You can tell in the first 10 minutes why this film is great. and this is coming from someone who thinks 2001 and The Shining are utter trash
>>
>>67516134
>When I woke up I could hear slooshy music coming out of the wall, real gromky
>it all came over me, the start of the pain and the sickness, and I began to groan
>...then I jumped.

What's your point?
>>
>>67513212
it's actually the best 1971 kubrick flick
>>
>>67516317
He was in such pain from the Ludovico treatment he decided to jump. I haven't read the book in years and I still remember
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.