[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is proof that RT is the worst site for film ratings. When
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1236534643.png (150 KB, 569x321) Image search: [Google]
1236534643.png
150 KB, 569x321
This is proof that RT is the worst site for film ratings.

When they give a 90's masterpiece only 55%
>>
File: 125236.png (190 KB, 573x330) Image search: [Google]
125236.png
190 KB, 573x330
WHAT THE FUCK! I loved this movie! Yes I know the dark lighting sucks but the movie all in all deserves at least a 50% rating for its Predalien design, not using a lot of CGI and sticking to practical effects for majority of the movie.
>>
File: 1526346.png (203 KB, 750x343) Image search: [Google]
1526346.png
203 KB, 750x343
THIS is the best video game movie ever made in my opinion and deserves a 60% rating for how good the camera work was, acting from cast, that first person shooter scene, the CGI which was really good, the practical effects.

It was a masterpiece of being trapped on Mars!
>>
>>67501839
No, that movie is legitimately terrible.
They took two of the most effective fictional killers in cinema history and turned them into cheap imitations of video game bosses, and all of the human characters act like complete boneheads.
The over-reliance on gore is just there to mask the terrible writing, and the ending is a fucking copout.
>>
>>67501770
you don't realize the mummy series was a dumb knock off of indiana jones, with each sequel getting worse and worse. the first one may be amusing and fun but it doesn't deserve a good score
>>
That score is not too far off. The Mummy is a solid 6/10.
>>
>>67501770
"It's difficult to make a persuasive argument for The Mummy as any kind of meaningful cinematic achievement, but it's undeniably fun to watch"

sounds about right to me
>>
>>67502618
>watching a rated R monster vs movie for the human characters.

AvpR was fine.
This meme can fuck off. Form your own opinions and stop blindly following the internet.
>>
>>67501770
>>67501839
>>67501876
Fun movie =/= good movie. All of these flicks are fun to watch, but they aren't well constructed films.
>>
>>67506758
This.

People don't know how to have fun anymore. Miserable cunts.
>>
Bloodsport has 33% and it's a masterpiece.

RT scores should always be taken with a pinch of salt, but they are usually a decent indicator of a film's worth.
>>
>>67506863
^this
>>
>>67506863
masterpiece is a bit of a stretch don't you think?
>>
You faggots know that RT is the amount of critics that liked it, not how good it is?

Go to Metacritic retards
>>
>>67506955
Not in the slightest.

There are few movies I've fallen in love with as quickly as Bloodsport, but that's because I love anything quintessentially 80s.
>>
>>67506980
Remember this is the same board that takes IMDB member ratings seriously
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.