[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No capeshit movie is above 7/10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
No capeshit movie is above 7/10
>>
>>67499055
But you just posted a 9/10 one.
>>
>>67499124
No it's not, it's 7/10
>>
>>67499207
That's an excellent reply, buddy. "Nuh-uh!"
Really fucking solid. You posted an opinion, someone else posted a conflicting one. The next step is justify your own or pull apart theirs, not just repeat yourself like an infant.

For the record, I consider the following movies above 7/10 - there are no 10/10 capeshit films as far as I'm concerned.

9/10
1. 1978 Superman
2. 2012 Dredd
3. 2004 The Incredibles
4. 1989 Batman
5. 2008 Iron Man

8/10
6. 2005 Batman Begins
7. 2002 Spider-Man
8. 1993 Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
9. 1994 The Shadow
10. 2003 X2
11. 2000 Unbreakable
12. 2012 The Avengers

Happy to discuss or debate any of those entries.
>>
>>67499383
Come on man, where's Dark Knight if there aren't any 10/10s?
>>
>>67499470
Of the 89 capeshit films I've seen and rated, I have The Dark Knight at number 15 with a score of 7/10.
>>
File: frogn.jpg (92 KB, 960x959) Image search: [Google]
frogn.jpg
92 KB, 960x959
>>67499383
>not dark knight
>X2 not 9/10
>>
>>67499508
Dark knight felt like a fantastic finale to a great tv season
>>
>>67499508
How can you like the Avengers more?
>>
>>67499508
Spiderman, Avengers and Dredd are above it??
>>
>>67499055
I forget, did these movies ever address Ironman's crippling alcoholism or is that 2deep for normies?
>>
>>67499383
>1. 1978 Superman
Haven't seen it but I doubt this is anything but hipster faggotry
>2. 2012 Dredd
Comicshit =/= capeshit
>3. 2004 The Incredibles
Agree
>4. 1989 Batman
8/10
>5. 2008 Iron Man
7/10
>>
>>67499515
X2 was very good, but I found the Magneto bait-n-switch towards the end to be fairly lazy.
Also, I found the script to be actually the exact opposite of BvS - where BvS had some great concepts and potential but failed to come through in the script, I felt X2 was written excellently, but was a weak story to begin with.

>>67499559
Thought the dialogue was snappy (inb4 lel quips), I have always enjoyed Joss Whedon when he's been free to do his own thing (which is why AoU sucked balls, in my opinion), I think that thanks to the characters' solo films, they were all nice and fleshed out so we didn't need to waste time with that sort of thing. Where films like BvS and even AoU suffered from having so much crammed in, Avengers was able to flourish because it had so much breathing room.

That being said, it was entirely too safe - which is why I can't give it a 9 or 10.

Also, it was Alan Silvestri's best cinematic score since Back to the Future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc

>>67499609
In my opinion, yes. It was very well-made, but I didn't like its huge departure from Batman Begins. The suit became less Batman, Bruce became less Bruce Wayne (we got one single shot of him exiting a helicopter with some models - in BB we had some great moments like when he bought the hotel and went swimming with the babes. This playboy persona was absent entirely from TDK), and I believe Dent and the Joker both overshadowed Bale's performance - which was made all the worse by how far he took that bat-voice.

Still a good movie, just a little overrated.

>>67499667
>>1. 1978 Superman
>Haven't seen it but I doubt this is anything but hipster faggotry
Well, see it, and then make an informed call.

>>2. 2012 Dredd
>Comicshit =/= capeshit
That's fair, though I disagree. I'd call 300 capeshit, too.
>>
>>67499383

Deadpool is definitely #1.
And the only good superman movie is MoS.
>>
>>67499724
That's one cringeworthy fucking post.
>>
>>67499383
>no Spider-Man 2
Nice meme opinions, friendo.
>>
>>67499748

At least he doesnt have your autism.
>>
>>67499724
This has got to be bait
>>
>>67499667
>the Superman film
>hipster
Jesus fuck hang yourself.
>>
>>67499718
>In my opinion, yes. It was very well-made, but I didn't like its huge departure from Batman Begins. The suit became less Batman, Bruce became less Bruce Wayne (we got one single shot of him exiting a helicopter with some models - in BB we had some great moments like when he bought the hotel and went swimming with the babes. This playboy persona was absent entirely from TDK), and I believe Dent and the Joker both overshadowed Bale's performance - which was made all the worse by how far he took that bat-voice.

Ahaa, now I see. I'm judging these movies from a filmmaking perspective. It seems you're judging it by comparing to the source material.

Nothing wrong with that though.
>>
>>67499124

Iron Man was propped up by good performances and the fact that it was the first truly "modern" capeshit, with others like Thomas Jane Punisher and Xmen still tied down to the overall style and aesthetic of the 90's

The plot and pace were mediocre after the initial escape sequence and utterly shit on by Obidiah's sudden retardation in the third act
>>
>>67499812
>gotta include something pre-80s in my patrician list for patrician cred even though it doesn't hold up to gradually heightening standards of action and acting
Mate I'll happily fight you
>>
>>67499761
Considering Spider-Man 2 is regarded by many to be one of the best superhero films, I'd say that it would be the meme answer, not omitting it.

Molina was a step below Dafoe, and the film's action set-pieces were inferior to SM1's - with the incredible, obvious exception of the train sequence, which is one of my favourite moments in any superhero movie. MJ was not only shittily portrayed, but her entire astronaut sub-plot nonsense was entirely unbelievable (in a movie about a guy with spider-powers) and her relationship with Peter felt as if it were written by a 35-year-old virgin with no concept of an adult relationship.

>>67499779
It's OCD, but close.

>>67499816
>It seems you're judging it by comparing to the source material.
Not especially, though obviously how good an adaptation it is of course has some bearing on how well-written I consider it. I was more comparing it to Batman Begins, which I feel is fair. Part of a sequel's job is to build upon the foundations laid by its predecessor, and TDK didn't do that - not even as well as TDKR did, and TDK was far superior to TDKR in most other respects.
Its other let-downs, as I already mentioned, were the costumes, writing, and acting. Obviously, as far as its technical side, TDK was excellent.
>>
>>67499383
Alright, you're fun and putting an effort in. How about Winter Soldier and Deadpool?
>>
>>67499911
It's a good movie moron. Has /tv/ stooped this low? Really?
>>
>>67499911
Not the guy you're replying to, I wrote the list though.
You really ought to at least watch the movie before advocating its removal from the list. I'm sure you've at least heard the score, which is one of the best scores across any film, ever.
Christopher Reeve is an excellent Superman, and there's very little action in the movie - this doesn't mean the standards were lower. After all, Star Wars was just the year before and Richard Donner is an excellent action director who went on to do the Lethal Weapon movies.
No, there was no action because Superman is simply not about action. Where Man of Steel had Clark watching his father die in a tornado, Superman had him flying through the clouds with Lois and rescuing cats from trees. Where Man of Steel had cities being destroyed by two superpowered beings hurling each other through buildings, Superman had him fail to save the woman he loves, scream in impotent rage and then violate the rules of his people in order to save her - again, without throwing a single punch.

"standards of action"? Come on, man. Superman was awesome.

>>67499976
I have Winter Soldier and Deadpool at ranks 16 and 17, both with a rating of 7/10. I'd screenshot the whole list but I have far too much to black out and it'd take an age to crop out all the space between entries.
Deadpool was fine, bit of a weak script plot-wise but was fun, good soundtrack. Hit-and-miss dialogue with a few moments of weak CGI and a solid performance by Reynolds - I was hoping they'd play it a little closer to V for Vendetta in terms of him keeping his face covered for more of the movie but at least he kept it on for all the fight scenes, I guess.
All I'll say on Winter Soldier is that I can only derive so much entertainment from watching a walking American flag beat up nazis. It was certainly above average, which is why I have it at a 7. It was a solid movie, and one of the better MCU entries. Just a little overrated in my opinion.
Loved the elevator scene.
>>
>>67499911

No, it's because Superman 78 perfectly captured the ultimate idealistic hero inherent in the archetype: someone with enough power to warp space and time but caring enough to save a kitty from a fire. Someone with great power and greater humility. An inspiration rather than a dissection. It does this with a certain sincerity and honestly good effects for the time. Of course you're above us plebs, floating on a cloud of cynicism and misplaced self-assurance so this does not matter to you.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.