[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else happy that we didnt have to slog through 3 pointless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Anybody else happy that we didnt have to slog through 3 pointless "pre-movies" just to get to some nice ensemble action?

I think this is one thing DC did well in there pr department. Movie watchers dont need 4 individual movies for the next Avenger or whatever. Why not just start with it?

Im hyped for JL mainly because I didnt have to see some pointless origin story for aquaman or flash that had no connection to the movies that matter except to bring the normal populace up to speed on someone who can run fast.
>>
>>67498793

Except I've seen so many people going

"Who was that guy in the armor?"
"What was that floating box??"
>>
File: 1458798061781.jpg (256 KB, 974x1104) Image search: [Google]
1458798061781.jpg
256 KB, 974x1104
>>67498793
>>
>>67498807
Does it really matter? The movie isnt really for them, and they'll go see it anyway.
>>
The problem is there were so many characters that none of them were properly characterized, and even then there really were only three of importance

If you're going to pretend like having Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg be in surveillance footage counts as being in the movie and not a literal commercial in the middle of the movie then I'm sorry to say it but you're fucking delusional
>>
>>67498793
Me too. I also am excited for the next DC movie. I really like the they are doing solo films after. Because we ... don't need solo films...? But I want to watch them. Just not before our Aveng-

Hey man, you tell me what to say again?
>>
>>67498793
It helps for making you care about seeing those characters together, and playing off one another. Before the pre-Avengers movies, your average moviegoer gave zero shits about Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, or Captain America. There was a time where focusing movies on lesser known characters like that was considered a gamble.
>>
>>67498923
I didnt say aquaman, flash, or cyborg. Thats why I said three pre-movies.

The characterization helps, but when you're dealing with batman or superman, they really dont, theyre icons, and have been for 70 years.
>>
>>67498954
I dont think it really helps, not when you have thor doing things that dont matter in the grand scope of things, and know that even when hes in avengers hes going to say like 5 lines. He doesnt even say anything or references his past. Highly doubt antman will in civil war too.
>>
>>67499086
If nothing else, it help people care about the characters, rather than just thinking "I don't give a shit about this guy, why don't they just show more Hulk?". They'll just remember that he's that funny god guy who smashed a coffee mug because he liked it, and tried to buy a horse at a pet store. That familiarity helps add to the drama because you might actually care about what happens to the character. I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.
>>
>>67499188
Yeah I guess. But when the characterization is so thin (mug and horse) was it worth it to waste so much money and time on it when you could just get the cool movie up front?
>>
Remember when captain america and thor came out and everyone said they were mediocre and didn't give a shit? This is what critics want
>>
>>67499289
Not really. I remember a collective sigh of relief that they weren't steaming turds.
>>
>>67499289
The first Captain America is the comfiest capeshit movie ever made.

The consensus about Thor when it came out was "Its weird idk Norse gods are aliens lol but I liked it"
>>
I hate it when movies actually spend time developing their characters.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.