[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anybody else hate how unthreatening the lightsabers felt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: starWars.jpg (563 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
starWars.jpg
563 KB, 1920x1080
Did anybody else hate how unthreatening the lightsabers felt in the new movies?
In the originals and prequals, if you got hit by a lightsaber you were taken out of a fight immediatelly and likely to die or at least lose a limb.
Here, the characters get hit by the lightsaber and continue fighting as if nothing happend.
>>
Yeah it was like they were intentionally missing. They were too afraid to clash sabers.
>>
>>67467379
I think thats was done intentionally. Both Rey and Kylo Ren are unskilled fighters, therefore it would be logical to write out the fight scenes according to their abilities.
>>
>>67467449
Why exactly would Kylo Ren be unskilled fighter?
He was trained by Luke and Snook, was able to kill all the other padawans and had force abilities never seen before in the franchise
>>
File: lSyAJf.gif (588 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
lSyAJf.gif
588 KB, 400x225
>>67467379
it's just a scratch bro. actually finn got rekt in the spine. and anakin got light wounds on top of the lost hand in the first fight against dooku.

>>67467415
that was the problem in the prequels, not in this movie.

>>67467449
less lethal saberfighting allows for longer fights. i don't think they spoke to each other that much so dialogue wasn't used to prolong the fight
>>
No I didn't hate it because I'm not a man child fag. Jesus Christ grow up and watch a real movie leave this retarded kids shit for kids or fat basement dwellers. Go watch goodfellas you fucking queer
>>
File: tr-8r training.webm (411 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
tr-8r training.webm
411 KB, 720x404
It was good, more visceral, more weight, like the original trilogy. Glancing blows, like in ESB and ROTJ. More like medieval, slower paced fights (obviously taking a lot of cinematic liberty) than ninja flipping and complete weightlessness and bizarre, chaotic choreography of the prequels
>>
how did Finn recover so quickly from having his back sliced open?
>>
>>67467468
>had force abilities never seen before in the franchise

You're joking, right? All he showed was mind reading, sensing, and telekinesis.
>>
>pure kino according to prequelfags
>>
>>67467506
saber doesn't slice anything open. it burns it close

>m-muh bacta tanks
>>
>>67467415
people didn't clash swords much either in the oldem days tb h
>>
>>67467526
we have never seen fore mindread or force boltstop before
>>
>>67467558
Yes, but they also didn't treat swords as heavy objects. They could swing them quite gracefully.
>>
>>67467572
>fore mindread

Yes, we have, especially throughout the franchise. To cite a movie example, check out Sidious when he's talking to Luke in ROTJ or Vader when he learns about having a daughter from Luke's thoughts.

>force boltstop before

It's just telekinesis, man.
>>
That's literally the way it always was
>>
>>67467379
No, try again. Vader gets hit in the arm and still beats the snot out of Luke.
Stop probing for bullshit, it's taxing.
>>
>>67467495

TRIGGERED
>>
>>67467662
>Yes, we have, especially throughout the franchise. To cite a movie example, check out Sidious when he's talking to Luke in ROTJ or Vader when he learns about having a daughter from Luke's thoughts.
You are making shit up.
>It's just telekinesis, man.
And it makes no sense that an autistic kid can do it but literally no Jedi or Sith ever had
>>
>>67467496
tr8r is black?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.