[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hack Snyder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 194x259
tbqh family I really like Watchmen. I know the reception is mixed but something about that movie really grabs me. 300 was good for what it was at the time too. All that being said, Zack comes off as a hack.

I can't fucking believe Warner Bros. is having him direct the Justice Leauge movies too. Just grab another director and fix this DC mess while you can. You're lucky you got a good cast so far with a decent Batman. Keep Hack Snyder on as art director or something but get another director for your big important movies going forward. Someone with a more clear vision.
>>
>>67467254
>I can't fucking believe Warner Bros. is having him direct the Justice Leauge movies too

Please tell that this is a joke.
>>
>>67467287

This is a joke
>>
>>67467287
>>67467354
>>
>>67467690
i really fucking hope they can terminate his contract somehow
>>
>>67467287
This escalated quickly
>>
>>67467254
The tragedy of Snyder is that he'd probably be a Deakons tier cinematographer, but he chose to be a piece of shit director.
>>
>>67467803

they really are idiots if they don't.
>>
File: tcR15QKn.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tcR15QKn.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
Since right now. Suicide Squad is the only DCU movie coming out in the near future that isn't directed by Snyder. If that movie does well critically and financially, will WB give Ayer more opportunities? Or better yet, will they just find a variety of directors. Since surely one if them has to be a hit.
>>
>>67468228

Yes, they will. Warner Brothers problems is that they gives a huge wade of cash to any director. I've never seen a company give the directors such a leeway.
>>
Ben for JL please.
>>
>>67467254
What does hack mean?
>>
>>67469265
Have you ever had someone you know in your life get lucky at something, gain a reputation that they are good at said thing, but in reality all they are is the representation and not actually consistently good at said thing.

That's my definition at least.
>>
>>67469265
It means Zack.
>>
>>67469265

>hardworking, well-connected, professional
>no talent, no vision, no creative integrity

That said, I don't really think it apples to Snyder. I think he clearly has a vision, even talent, but his taste is pretty much the opposite of mine
>>
>>67469265
>Make one decent movie at the beginning of your career
>Coast off that for the rest of your life
>never make a good movie ever again
>somehow still get hired for big name productions

That's what it means in this context
>>
To me, Watchmen was even better than the comic, since the writing and the pace of the film were on par with the book, but the action and the atmosphere of the film surpassed that of the comic.
Now, as for everything else, I'd say Hack Snyder showed his true face with Sucker Punch. This is where people should have seen through his 'style over substance' directing.
To be fair, I think the real reason BvS is so bad isn't just Snyder. It's the studio faggots meddling in the production, demanding more JL shit and trying to outdo Marvel.
That and cocaine. Mountains of cocaine.
>>
>>67469453
It's someone [in your opinion], who's fame and reputation does not [in your opinion] reflect their talent or taste.

Said 'reputation' has been amassed via other means, eg. luck or working with talented people or being a good 'salesman' etc.

It's often used in expressing bitterness towards somebody's success despite a perceived lack of ability.
>>
Hack bump
>>
>>67470326
Sucker Punch really shows how he wants to shoot deep stories with a lot of symbolism but lacks skill to do so.
>>
>>67470680
I'm not sure what 'deep story' there was underneath Sucker Punch, but the lack of skills part I agree with.
The man is much better as a cinematographer or DP. He should start doing that again, and leave directing to Affleck.
>>
File: BvS.png (69 KB, 832x473) Image search: [Google]
BvS.png
69 KB, 832x473
>>
>>67468228
But Justice League Parts 1 & 2 are the only DC films Snyder's going to direct.
>>
>>67467254
How does a hack with only one decent movie keep getting work?
>>
>>67467254
WB doesn't care. As long as it makes money, they'll keep throwing money at him to make more garbage movies with characters people love.
>>
Snyder is one of the few "directors" out there who strives for authenticity. Extremely unpopular right now, when a few corporations dominate all media and people are inundated with "ironic" and "socially conscious" consumerism.
Can't afford to even think about being a 'real' person when I've got my smartphone apps and netflix shows to catch up on else be left out of that all important loop of idiots praising the same stupid shit over and over.
Gen X and it's ideals are even more ephemeral than the hippies who were gunna take over the world with love. Podcasting, Indie music and film was the actual crash of the wave - the high water mark.
A mockery of authenticity is the future, Bigotry, shame, and hatred for people who want to hold on to tradition, just like the French revolution it will be the guillotine for all those deemed 'establishment' while the actual establishment and status quo supporters change their tunes to superficially match the ravenous rabble too fucking stupid to realize they're all god damn fascists.
>>
>>67474518
2* and both are above decent
>>
>>67474978
Literally watched a class of one of the best, most relevant historians in europe about how 300 use images of nazi cinema in its own visual style and how its themes are essentially fascists.

That being said shut the fuck up
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.