[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's humanities and liberal arts degree contribution to movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 550x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 550x527
Sometimes I see pictures like these I want to ask:
If there is a group called humanities and libral arts in colleges (excluding arts), what's their contribution of movies?
>>
So engineering's and arts' and drama's contribution of movies industry is quite obvious.

Does screenwriting require training and degrees from literature department?

Then do things like philosophy, social science etc help making movies?
>>
Last bump...

Does anthropology contribute to movie making?
I mean besides the documentaries
>>
>>67461087

Um, film schools are part of humanities.

The NYU's Tisch School of the Arts is a film school and one of the biggest humanities schools in America.

It's common knowledge, brah.
>>
>>67462021
film making still requires more raw intelligence than most humanities
>>
>>67462021
Do film theory and criticism contribute to the making?
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 607x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 607x650
Was Wes Craven ever a student of anthropology
>>
>>67462223
>>67462146
absolutely. Knowing how to make an appealing and marketable film is essential when it comes to mainstream filmmaking

otherwise you'll be stuck making avant-garde shit at sundance
>>
If I want to make films, what should I major in?
>>
>>67462503
Do film theories teach mainstream movies and why they are so popular?

I thought theories are all about how to appreciate avant guard shits
>>
>>67462551
I think the consensus is to get connections to get into the business or get a good job and make films as hobby or at least major in a profitable skills and get a good job and make films as hobby
>>
>>67462674
some of it is, but not all of it. When I was in Film School, almost every teacher I had warned us about going the route of independent, avant-garde filmmaking, but Honestly, this greatly depends on WHERE you go for film school.

same deal for Art schools. Some of them enable women to just wipe their period on a canvas, but others try to teach students to actually make proper, appealing art. Digital Media courses, for example, teach you how to do things like make advertisements and shit, which is all very mainstream and client-centric rather than service-centric.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 640x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 640x399
>>67462775
Thanks.

Follow up question. Did Dan Aykroyd's sociology major help his movies (writing, acting, etc) in anyway?

Sociology they say is in social science.
>>
>>67462884
A better question is if Dolph Lungren's chemical engineering degree contributed to his movies
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.