[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moved to tears
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (310 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310 KB, 960x1440
Now I now /tv/ has an unusually high concentration of alpha males, but are there any movies that have moved you to tears?

I think Nosferatu directed by Werner Herzog is one of the most moving movies I've ever scene. Was not what I expected going into it at all. The scene in particular that really got me was when Lucy is walking through town after the spread of the plague and all of the people are parading around and dancing and sharing love in the face of death. In the background is a chanting choir that adds to what is an emotional climax the movie.
>>
>>67460533
I only cry watching animu. Dunno why. Maybe it's an autism thing.
I lost my shit with Grave of the Fireflies.
>>
>>67460533
I'm with you OP. Stunning movie. Incidentally that chanting choir is in fact Hamlet Gonashvili and his Georgian folk ensemble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExkXJcx7RZ4
In my case it's Dark Eyes from 1987, total heartbreaker it is. No movie has ever ripped me up quite like that one.
>>
I am what people might call faggot. I cry all the time watching movies. I even cried watching Man of Steel
>>
>>67461133
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person

sup bro
>>
>>67461001
That was great. Im gonna check out their stuff now.
>>
While I'm not exceedingly Alpha, I DO pride myself on being more stoic than most dudes. There has only been ONE movie that has caused the involuntary tearful reaction from me. That movie is Schindler's List. The scene at the end where the title character laments, with extreme emotion (masterful acting btw) the fact that he could not save MORE people, was what finally caused the welling of tears to become the falling of tears.

> I'm not ashamed.
>>
>>67460533
This film made me fall in love with Isabelle Adjani
>>
File: klaus puts the moves on izzy.webm (838 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
klaus puts the moves on izzy.webm
838 KB, 800x449
>>67461583
she is positively luminous throughout
>>
>>67460533
I thought I was going to start crying at Gran Torino. The ending was sad but not tear worthy but then the song at then end came on and I was ready to burst out crying
>>
>>67461133

I've become a lot more sensitive to shit like this as I've gotten older. Though I don't think I would cry at Man of Steel, but I cry at stupid shit like The Sound of Music.
>>
This may sound stupid to most of you... but when Woody Harellson tells the story about his son in ZombieLand, I wept like a wee babe.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.