[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I keep seeing people on twitter flipping out about BvS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: the dark knight returns.jpg (51 KB, 314x464) Image search: [Google]
the dark knight returns.jpg
51 KB, 314x464
Why do I keep seeing people on twitter flipping out about BvS and saying it's for "the real comic book fans" and other stupid shit? Ignoring Superman, I didn't recognise Batman as the character we know at all. He was a fucking retarded ass lunatic

Is it just people who don't actually read the comics and are only fans of Batman because they own a t-shirt? I don't understand. It's like people saying Spock in Star Trek was great when he is having a fist fight with Khan on top of a moving spaceship..
>>
>>67457160
Its just a glib facsimile
>>
>>67457160
I know. And what we got was so shit in huge part I think because Snyder and Goyer are those sort of people. People that buy into the "Superman is boring" and "Batman not killing is retarded" and just "know" how to "fix" it.
>>
>>67457160
>You have to read comics to be a fan of batman
This is how stupid you sound right now. Comics are degenerate entertainment for mouthbreathers. Zack Snyder elevated the source material to high art, something that had never been done before.
It will be studied in film schools in 50 years. Nobody's going to remember Marvel's garbage.
>>
>>67457216

I blame Snyder and the studio. Goyer gets a lot of shit but he is just a writer and his films usually vary wildling in quality depending on the director.
>>
File: 1365803664138.jpg (214 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1365803664138.jpg
214 KB, 625x626
>>67457251
>It will be studied in film schools in 50 years
Cape Kino meme has gone too far.
>>
>>67457251

Batman is a comic book character.

If your go to argument is "this movie is made for comic book fans and they will love it" in response to shitty critical reception then you should probably have read some of this degenerate shit.

I'm a Batman fan, but mostly from TAS and standalone series of comics. I think Batman teaming up and Justice League is fucking gay so w/e.
>>
Let me guess, you read year one and watched some of the BAS? There are tons of iterations of batman and some are extremely brutal
The OG batman even used guns
>>
I don't read comics, but I've gathered at this point that people like you are just cherrypicking out whichever comic book you like. I've seen this over and over again where some other comic book reader joins a thread to prove you wrong and you just go on pretending you were never proven wrong. What do you gain by being such an insufferable piece of shit that your terrible personality is observable even over the internet?
>>
>>67457297
>If your go to argument is "this movie is made for comic book fans and they will love it"
It should be legal to euthanize comic book fans, they need pictures in their books to follow along a story. Nobody gives a shit about their dead medium and that ridiculously small market.
>>
>>67457160
This Batman was supposed to be a jaded asshole. That's what they were going for.

I'm not defending it but that's what it is.

Spock was great btw, they were going for something new and they nailed it.
>>
>>67457363
Anon, there are people on this board that have reposted "Bane" several hundred thousand times over the past few years as their hobby. In terms of pieces of shit in the world, there are quite a few in line before people who like comic books.
>>
>>67457256
>he is just a writer
You underestimate the power a writer has. It's his blueprint they're working from and he's as essential to a film as the director. Hell, read any interview with Goyer on MoS, you'll see he doesn't even understand the script he wrote.
>>
>>67457160
I don't give a flying fuck about comic books. I just want a good character like the Nolan trilogy and the Arkham games gave us.
>>
>>67457421
>Anon, there are people on this board that have reposted "Bane" several hundred thousand times over the past few years as their hobby
Someone get this hothead out of here.
>>
>>67457421
hothead detected
>>
>>67457160
Because people on twitter aren't actual comic book fans.

All the parts that this movie ripped straight out of TDKR, and there were many of them, looked nice, but were entirely substanceless in the context of the movie. They were just "HEY LOOK! WE DID THE THING FROM THE COMIC! DO YOU REMEMBER THIS IMAGERY AND LINES?"

Basically they just mashed TDKR and Death of Superman together with Justice League advertisement and completely fucking took away all the value of those comic parts they appropriated.
>>
>>67457336
>>67457323
>>67457546

Countless stories have incorporated his no kill rule and it's considered a fundamental aspect of the contemporary iteration of the character?
>>
>>67457160
It seems that what you are after is a 'perfected'/'purified' version of superhero canon, with an associated belief that this will grant you and others access to rare and hidden pleasures. After all, movies cost a lot of money to make.

Under this logic, the pleasures are being withheld from you by various entities (Zack Snyder). You have to wait four whole years before getting the green lantern movie! What if you die before then? We need to fight these entities on the battlefields of 4chan, 'til they give us the ring-shaped Lucky Charms we demand.

This is nerd ideology.
>>
>>67457806
My batman kills, specially minorities who infect his city like bacteria. He brutally murders not because he likes it but because it is necessary, he's not some pussy bleeding heart liberal who puts jaywalkers in jail as a hobby. My batman votes for Trump, defends the 2nd and doesn't take shit from anyone.
My batman is better than your shitty cartoon character for babies.
>>
>>67457806
And half the time it is just for his own sanity. He has no qualms about people dying indirectly by his actions as long as he does not deliberately kill them in a lot of media. The image you have comes from BAS/JL where he must save everyone no matter what. This is a very popular depiction but not definitive
>>
>>67457927

Which comics has he killed people with the callousness of the Snyder Batman? And don't give me that shit about him punching people so hard that they go into a coma and die 7 years later.
>>
>>67457160
batman was so stupid damn
he uses a fucking sniper rifle in the same fucking book
>>
>>67457957
The source material of this movie for one.
>>
>>67457927
>>67457957
This shit is just going to get more and more egregious as killer Batman fights mass-murderer and innocent-torturer Joker and decides to let him off the hook because he's in the sequels.
>>
File: 1432849498001.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1432849498001.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>67457160

>empty .45 shells popping out of what appears to be a break-action rifle

lovely
>>
>>67457993
To shoot a grappling hook, shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 4chan Gold.jpg (11 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
4chan Gold.jpg
11 KB, 213x250
>>67457957
The goddamn Batman let a bunch a thugs burn to death while who fucked some chick. Forget the exact comic but some will probably know.
>>
>>67457256
The script was the worst garbage

I kept cringing at how awful all those platitudes and deviantart level philosophy one liners were
>>
>>67458027
>appears to be a break-action rifle
That's a shotgun, stop trying so hard to look /k/, fuckwit.
>>
>>67457546
The Arkham games are fucking trash
>>
>>67458034
Why would you need a sniper rifle to shoot at a grappling hook? Was the hook threatening some one?
>>
>>67457957
There is tons of collateral damage being done all the time where you can assume people got seriously hurt or even died
In BAS/JL you would just get news reels of "thankfully nobody was hurt" because it was family friendly, not that anything is wrong with that
>>
>>67458027
Red .45 shells, huh
>>
>>67458099
>at
lol ur so funneh kekeke
Fucking mongoloid, get out of my board.
>>
>>67458027
If you look closely, it isn't actually a break action rifle, it's actually Batman breaking the gun in two, not its natural mechanism
>>
>>67457336
>i have no idea what anyone here is talking about but I'm gonna have a strong opinion anyway

you sound pretty insufferable yourself. there have been different characterizations of batman but a few traits are so consistent that they define the character (at least since the 50s). even in the Dark Knight Returns - which the asshole batman in BvS is based on - a major plot point is that Batman refuses to kill the Joker.

the comic All Star Batman & Robin is hated in part because the Batman in it bares no resemblance to the character people know and like. it's a legitimate criticism. the character has endured so many different changes in authorship because people do care what makes Batman Batman, otherwise what would be the point.

but all OP is saying that a "for diehard batman fans" defense of BvS is nonsense. this is mostly a distillation of the wider pop culture's understanding of the character. all the grim of the Nolan movies, the badassery of the Burton ones. Snyder talks a lot about The Dark Knight Returns (itself a pretty atypical version of batman, being an old man in a dystopian future), but the things he's said about it shows he didn't even understand it
>>
>>67457160
>He was a fucking retarded ass lunatic

That's the real batman you imbecile no the batgod casuals think he is.
>>
>>67458458

Snyder did the same thing with MoS where he kept bringing up Birthright.

And it was fucking barely anything to do with Birthright.
>>
>>67458081
the stories are a perfect blend of cartoonish and realistic.
>>
>>67458034
doesn't he try to shoot bad guys in a helicopter? I haven't read it in a long time
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.