[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been six years. Six FUCKING years. When will something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Avatar.jpg (374 KB, 2560x1145) Image search: [Google]
374 KB, 2560x1145
It's been six years. Six FUCKING years.

When will something topple Avatar?
>>
>>67449210
Looking back at it, the only thing this movie had to offer was the CGI. The story was "meh" at best.
>>
>>67449290
This. Were it not for the 3D gimmick, I'm sure a number of movies would have overtaken it.
>>
When people get good taste in movies.
>>
>>67449290
It was Dances With Wolves with ayy lmaos ffs
>>
>>67449210
When we truly cross the uncanny valley, that film will topple Avatar.
>>
>>67449210
>When will something topple Avatar?
When Avatar 2 comes out.
>>
Avatar is such a strange movie. It came out, broke every box office record by a mile, was talked about non-stop, and then was completely forgotten about by the next summer and has not been mentioned again in a non-box office context.

It had absolutely zero long-term impact on popular consciousness. It's creepy. And I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that Avatar 2 is not going to succeed because of how long it's been since the first one.
>>
>>67449290
>>67449364
That being said we do have to admit this movie was brilliant and gorgeous as far as visuals go

Only other movie with this kind of impression was the ONE scene in The Book of Life when it first showed the land of the dead
>>
>>67450355
It's going to be rubbish.

Everybody who died comes back to life and does the same shit all over again underwater instead of in a jungle.
>>
>>67450445
>I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that Avatar 2 is not going to succeed because of how long it's been since the first one.

Exactly what I was thinking. The same thing happened to The Mummy films, they waited too long and all fervor for them had dissipated completely.
>>
>>67450528
Last Mummy movie was shit anyways
>>
>>67450567
TAKE THAT BACK!
>>
File: avatar.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2 MB, 1280x720
>>67450491
>doubting our beloved james
>>
>>67450586
Only thing I remember from that is shitty Rock-Scorpion CGI
>>
>>67450296
Fern Gully. If you're gonna compare it to something at least pick the right thing to compare it with.
>>
>>67450592
What ps2 game is that?
>>
>>67450445
I guess the fact that it has had zero impact on pop culture means that no one actually really liked it. It was just some weird event that everyone HAD to see for some reason.
It's kind of like the Superbowl. Everyone watches it for some reason whether they are fans or not, but a lot of people don't even know who's playing, and most people completely forget about it once it's over.
>>
>>67450592
That's literally the plot. It's already set in stone.

I can't imagine any director dead or alive who could turn something like that into a decent movie.
>>
It wont be because it made a lot of extra money from 3d which wont even happen again
>>
>>67450733
It actually had a ps3 game, you can compare the graphis just to see how retarded you sound.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.