[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watchmen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (395 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395 KB, 1000x1500
So regular cut, director's cut, or the ultimate cut?

I haven't read the comic btw so which one should I watch first?
>>
Nigger cut
>>
Director's cut is best.
>>
>>67448765
The comic.
>>
Just read the comic. Snyder makes a nearly shot for shot adaptation of the source material, and it works much better as a comic than a movie. The pacing is terrible, and he focused on casting people who looked exactly like their comic book counterparts over people with the requisite acting talent.

Also, the fight scenes suffer from 300 syndrome
>>
Director.
>>
>>67448765
Directors cut. Ultimate tries to be a copypasta of the comic but parts of it really don't work well. Read the book after.
>>
File: 1458838725621.png (270 KB, 368x435) Image search: [Google]
1458838725621.png
270 KB, 368x435
>>67448765
Cut it out of your life.

It's trash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
>>
Directors Cut
>>
>>67448898
the acting might be the best part of the whole movie.
>>
>>67448906
>>67448914
>>67448850
>>67449016
so what's in the ultimate cut that's not in the director's cut? it's nothing too important right? I've seen parts of the Ultimate that are animated and I'm assuming those are only in the Ultimate Cut.
>>
>>67448898
Rorschach and Comedian were casted perfectly though. The only one who is terrible is Silk Spectre.
>>
>>67449100
Yeah that's all the ultimate cut is is an added comic book short added. Its not needed
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 238x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 238x279
>tfw the Yify version is only the Ultimate cut
>>
>>67449100
The animated Black Freighter segments were edited back in, which don't really improve the movie and just comes off as fanwanking. It also screws up with the pacing.
>>
>>67448898
The actors were pretty ok and besides, casting people based on their looks isn't exactly that weird. Jackie Earle Haley was great and he's one of the few people (if not the only member of the cast) who have read the original material, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>67449211
I'm pretty sure that was the director's cut, wasn't it?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.