[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we're just going to pretend like Batman being a cold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 24
File: MoviePilot’s-Batman-Theory-3.jpg (107 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
MoviePilot’s-Batman-Theory-3.jpg
107 KB, 1000x1000
So we're just going to pretend like Batman being a cold blooded psychopathic murderer in this movie isn't a big deal?
>>
Yes

no one over 12 gives a shit about comics
>>
He literally fires a gun and kills a guy near the end of the movie. There's no fucking gray area. He pulled the trigger, which ignited the tank that blew up the guy and fried his buddy.
>>
File: 1437543855465.gif (1 MB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
1437543855465.gif
1 MB, 180x200
>implying any normie gives a shit about source material
>>
>>67420351
>no kill rule
Batman doesn't always have to be a Boy Scout.
>>
>>67420351
Are we going to pretend he hasn't killed in every single movie incarnation?
>>
>>67420400
Considering this was after "A Death in the Family" and the guy was threatening to kill someone's mom, I'm ok with it.
>>
It's pretty sad when the people defending this movie have to say "WHO BATMAN IS IN THE COMICS DOESNT MATTER"
>>
>>67420351

Only virgin manchildren care about that stupid hurr durr i ain't killin' nobody shit, most people going to the cinema don't know and don't care about it
>>
>>67420351
He even fucking brands people so they get killed in prison, was that in the comics too or it's just Synder being an edgelord?
>>
>>67420386
>12 yo reading comics

ya there to busy doing high end drugs and fucking sluts to do that stupid shit
>>
>>67420495

>people don't know Batman doesn't kill

Are you fucking retarded? That's not obscure.
>>
>>67420351
I fucking FUCKING loved this movie. '''''''Professional film critics'''''''' are pretentious dick weeds any how. Zach Snyder genuinely understands the DC comic book universe and delivered a fucking epic and perfect DC movie. I was engaged the entire 2 hours and 30 minutes and not once was I bored. This is the best Batman we've had BY FAR. The Batman fight scenes are puled right from the comic books, none of that stiff awkward and slow Nolan Batman fighting style. This is a perfect Superman movie, and it works well as a Batman movie. My audience cheered and clapped at the end, and I honestly could have sat in the theater for another hour watching it. That's how much I loved it this. And if you consider yourself a fan, you will ADORE this movie WITHOUT question. Zach Snyder is nothing short of a comic book genius.
>>
>>67420465
Your kiddie books don't matter.
>>
>>67420351
Same reason Bale is a psychopath in American Psycho.

Who cares they are cool
>>
>>67420564
>Your kiddie books don't matter.

You do realize that if those "kiddie books" had not existed, this movie you are defending would not exist either, right?

I'll let you think about that for a few minutes.
>>
>>67420556
Amen. First Watchmen, then Man of Steel. Now BvS.

Zach Snyder knows how to deliver comic book action, story, emotion, and visuals. He's extremely underrated and we will look back at these movies 15 years from now and remember them as extremely underrated misunderstood master pieces
>>
>>67420351
The whole point is that in this movie he's gone nut after Jason's death and fear of Superman, his method has gone extreme.
It was a transformation, at the end he have changed because of Sup and he spare Lex's life.
>>
>>67420533

You're seriously overestimating what the average viewer knows about these characters. They know Batman is a guy named Bruce Wayne and that his parents were killed when he was a kid so he's taking it upon himself to take on the bad guys. That's it. It's not about being an obscure fact, is that nobody gives a shit about that
>>
>>67420604
Yeah, I'm sure if the batman comics ended tomorrow the franchise would die right then and there.
>>
Burton's Batman was a cold-blooded psychopath and people loved him.
>>
>>67420533
listen men, I get it, but batman is a dude that runs the streets at night beating half to death and scaring the shit out of people he deems criminals. And in adition, he does this in a constume. A costume with a cape and little ears. And this rampages are the only way to deal with the memories of the murder of his parents, which he hasn't been able to let go for however many years have passed. And he wages war with god knows how many criminal organizations and the such
Is it really such a stretch of the imagination that this guy would resort to ocassionaly killing some guys? I mostly liked Nolan movies but they were a little up their own asses about the whole batman moral fiber and him being a legend and such
>>
>>67420444
This. Well, not Kilmer or Clooney. But in both of Keaton's and all three of Bale's, yeah.
Batman was fine in this 3/10 movie.
>>
>>67420629
>The whole point is that in this movie he's gone nut after Jason's death and fear of Superman, his method has gone extreme.

Is this explained in the movie, though? From the reviews I have read, it sounds like he just kills people, with no indication that earlier in his career he had a rule not killing people.
>>
>>67420607
I re watched Watchmen last night.
Its fucking way to long, way to long of stretches, sex scene went on for a stupid period of time "oh look his ass is thrusting hur hur LETS ZOOM IN ON THAT!"

Gave no emotion to the characters ESPECIALLY THE ENDING! Didn't have him tearing up, touching the tv, no I did it.

Zacks a hack.
>>
He blows up the car not the person so he didn't really kill anyone
>>
>>67420639

Oh I have no problem buying that most people don't CARE that Batman would kill people in a movie, but that most people wouldn't know that not killing people is a Batman thing is just wrong.

The Nolan trilogy made like, a hundred gajillion dollars and everybody and their dog saw it. Batman cartoons have been saturating childhoods since the 60's.

Everybody KNOWS Batman not killing is a thing. Especially people who would go see a Batman movie.
>>
>>67420556
>>67420465
So one argument is it's not like the comics at all, but this guy is saying its shot for shot comic book material. Hmmm. Which "universe" or some gay shit are we talking? Which "evolution" of batman or whatever is this? There's always parallel gayness and however cartoon artist A felt on that day to decide powers and morals
>>
>>67420642
How do you not understand my phrase "had not existed"?
>>
>>67420695
this. the explosion killed them.

batman dindu nuffin
>>
>>67420351
I honestly don't give a shit about comic book characterization vs adaptation characterization, but damn it would have been way fucking cooler to actually see Batman go from the one we know who has morals and shit into the cold blooded psychopath we see in BvS over the course of multiple movies.
>>
>>67420695
>He drags a car behind the batmobile with people in it, totaling it as it tumbles around and smashes into everything
>he blows up a tank truck
>he shoots a guy with someones gun
>he shoots that terrorist dudes flamethrower

and thats just off the top of my head
>>
>>67420697

Yet he's always killed people casually and nobody said anything. In the first Burton movie, he blew up a chemical facility full of Joker's henchmen, presumably killing dozens of them. In the second movie, he sets some guy in a devil costume on fire and puts some dynamite on a fat guy's belt, the last one while smirking. Nobody gave a shit then and nobody gives a shit now.
>>
I don't like the idea of Batman killing people because in my mind he doesn't need to, he's so fucking badass that he can take someone down fair and square and doesn't need to resort to just killing someone, that would make it too easy.

Plus it all started because his parents were KILLED, he understands that murder is wrong and wants to prevent what happened to him happening someone else, he wants there to be less murder in the world, not more.
>>
>>67420731
How do you not understand the meaning of the word "don't"?
>>
>>67420351
He should have branded Luthor at the end for real, the wall punching was retarded.
>>
>>67420351
Nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>67420351

I thought the movie presented the situation better than /tv/ keeps making it out. Batman has spent years doing something that has amounted to little net change. It's lot like Gotham is a crime-free zone (Perry makes a joke about Gotham and crime). Bruce is battle-fatigued. Robin was taken from him. He has some fear about Superman that takes hold and makes him break his one rule. He's willing to do anything to save not just Gotham, but the whole planet. If that means some mercenaries holding a woman kidnap gets shot, then that's what it takes.

Even Superman's murdering of Zod makes sense now. Superman was put in the one situation where had to kill or let innocents die. The whole "But why didn't they just run!' argument is stupid. The point of that scene is to set the limits for Superman's do-goodery. When it comes to saving people, yes he will kill. Which BvS spelled it all out. When Lois is between killing and not killing, he's willing to do it. Batman just has a lower threshold than Superman. Killing and torturing members of the Russian mob to stop Superman is what it takes for Bruce. There isn't a pacifist option.
>>
File: bait.webm (785 KB, 760x314) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
785 KB, 760x314
>>67420556
>>67420607
>>
>>67420802
The difference is that people now think in Nolan's Batman when thinking of Batman and the whole point of The Dark Knight was the Joker trying to force him to break his code and kill him.
The same happens in the new Batman videogames who are really popular.
So get with the times grandpa, nobody cares about Michael Keaton anymore.
>>
File: batmom.jpg (70 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
batmom.jpg
70 KB, 500x621
>>67420697

Not that guy, but people don't really know about the no killing rule outside autistic circles.

Batman having no parents is something more common, yet you see this.
>>
>>67420802
>>67420882

I still find it really hard to believe that the majority of people who would go see a Batman movie wouldn't know that Batman doesn't kill dudes.
>>
>>67420871

I'm sure the tired dad who brings his little kid to the cinema, the tween who spends her time on Instagram and Snapchat, the bored couple trying to kill a couple of hours, etc., give a shit about the differences between Nolan and Burton's characterization. Yep
>>
>>67420351
I don't even like capeshit and I know Batman killed somebody with a fucking flamethrower in Burton's Batman. Who the fuck cares.
>>
>>67420952
The point is they don't care and there's no reason to
>>
>>67420351
It's great.
>>
>>67421006
The Dark Knight was popular as fuck and made a really strong point about Batman not being a killer, so why not? Bale Batman is the most recent one before BvS was released, so I don't find that strange that most people would compare Affleck's Batman to him.
>>
>>67420461
But why didn't he just shoot the faggot in the head instead of risking an explosion that could obliterate Martha Kent. He was intentionally killing the guy anyways.

Oh right because Snyder is no better than Michael Bay
>>
>>67421145

I somehow seriously doubt the average moviegoer would remember or care about the philosophical implications of Batman not killing anybody, let alone remember the name of any of the villains sans the Joker or even the very basic plot of the movies.

You're overestimating what people take from these superhero movies other than 2 hours of dumb fun.
>>
>>67420351
Superman kille before too, yet everyone got apeshit when he does in MoS.
>>
>muh Keaton's batman didn't fire guns or kill people meme

https://youtu.be/Gkebn0-iG3k?t=149
>>
>>67420400
They're gonna turn that guy into Firefly in the solo Batfleck movie. Screencap this.
>>
>>67420679
Alfred commented about it.
>>
>>67420807
>thank God my dad wasn't murdered and only can't feel anything from the waist down, see in his left eye, has his mouth wired shut, and can't poop without a nurse
>>
>>67421145
>made a really strong point

I don't remember the movie at all
>>
>>67420675

Kilmer flat out murdered Two-Face though.
>>
>>67421321
He like, made a speech to the Joker about people in the city being better than him and stuff.
>>
>>67421321
The main motivation of the joker on that movie was making Batman kill him.
>>
>>67420351
>Dude the comic books that my grandfather read as a 10 year old didn't have Batman kill people

Fucking idiot. Kill yourself
>>
>>67421355
>He like,

Fucking teenagers, learn to speak english.
>>
>>67420351

But Batman is a cold-blooded psychopath. He's just as fucked in the head as any of his villains, and the no-killing rule has never been anything but a way for him to tell himself he's not as bad as they are while he's breaking people's jaws and beating them into comas.
>>
>>67421435
Maybe you should learn to recognize humorous quips, Stick-in-Ass-Man.
>>
>>67421435
>Learn to speak

He was clearly writing.

Maybe you need to learn English.
>>
>>67421451
>>67421453
>they be like "REEEEEEE"
>>
>>67421353
Eh, sort of. Two-face flips a coin and Kilmer throws a bunch of coins in the air. Two-Face lunges outwards and falls and dies.
Not flat-out murder in my book.
>>
>>67420351
when are DC fags gonna grow the fuck up?
People die. Get the fuck over it
>>
>>67420465
Do you know how adaptation works? Faithfulness to the source material is irrelevant as long as you make something good (which they didn't, but still)
>>
>>67421476

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD!!!!!1!!1!!!11!!!1ONE!!!1!11!!!
>>
>>67420386
>I don't give a shit about comics, I just watch movies loosely based on them
You're so cool, anon. You must be rolling in pussy rite nao.
>>
>>67420607
No one but nerds and executives will remember capeshit as anything but a cancer
>>
>>67420351
>Fucking 20 year olds who don't know that the original Batman shot niggas left & right before the comics code
>>
mega64 predicted that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz-8RiH3I94
>>
Anyone has the flash screen shot?
>>
He murdered Ras in Batman Begins
>>
>>67420629
Unless you've read the comics you have no idea about Jason. The only hint you get is the Robin costume he walks by. Hell the way they introduce bats makes it seem like he just starts batting it up after the events of MoS it's not really apparent until about halfway through the movie that he's been doing this for a long time already.
>>
>>67420674
The whole fucking point is that he doesn't kill because doing so makes him no different than the bad guys. He and the Joker are two sides of the same coin, the only thing separating them is batmans code.
>>
>>67420351
Most of his kills are in dream sequences. The only kill I can think of is the flamethrower thing,but it also happened in the comics with a machine gun.
>>
File: 1 batman.jpg (2 MB, 800x2650) Image search: [Google]
1 batman.jpg
2 MB, 800x2650
>>67420351

Hello tumblr, please go fuck yourself.
>>
>>67421941
jesus, who made this?
>>
>>67421941
The entire fucking point of adaptation is put a new spin on the character.
If you just want to watch exactly the same character in exactly the same movie with exactly the same tone, nobody's stopping you. You can literally go buy one on blu-ray and do exactly that.
>>
>>67421941

Haha, considering SJWs have taken over comics and comic culture, Frank Miller must be their own personal anti-Christ.
>>
>>67420812
Lex Luthor wasn't in this movie.
That was a cross character between Riddler and Joker.
>>
>>67421941
You're a special kind of retard when you agree with Dobson.
>>
>>67421550
Can you mask your butthurt any more flimsily?
>>
>>67422183
>The entire fucking point of adaptation is put a new spin on the character.
>plunging the character into a vat of shit is "putting a new spin on it"
Protip just because you put a new spin on it doesn't mean it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>67422989
>you're just butthurt
ABATAP pls go
>>
>>67422183
No, that's absolutely not what an adaptation is supposed to do.
>>
>>67423003
Oh, and I'm not saying it's good. 3/10 is the rating I'm sticking to.
My issue is that people are calling it badly-done because it's something new, when new things should be encouraged.
All I'm saying is that "He kills = bad movie" is a very silly argument to make. If someone tells you "Superman kills Zod" in Man of Steel, that shouldn't be the dealbreaker. The when, why and how of Superman killing him is what's wrong with it.

>>67423058
Well, agree to disagree, I suppose. I like my sequels to be entirely different from the original, and I like my reboots to actually reboot.
>>
>>67423058
Agreeing with this. This is one of those dumb idiotic lies auteur savant directors shoved down our throats after one too many failed "adaptations" that didn't even come close to the source material and shame on us for just accepting it as a part of life now that an adaptation HAS to be different.
>>
>>67423058
Then what is an adaptation supposed to do?
Ideally when you do an adaptation, you actually follow the meaning of the word, and adapt elements of the original concept/character to fit in with the type of story you wish to tell.
Batman's no kill rule has been a core of the character for most of his history, but by subverting that rule you allow for a different set of stories you can tell with that character.
Personally I don't have a problem with it either way, and pointing out that capeshit tends to have bad writing is like pointing out a piece of shit is brown. Can you do something decently competent with a killer Batman? yeah, you can in theory, but its arguable whether or not that its been done already.
>>
>>67420882
>batman's mom
How can someone fuck up a joke this bad?
>>
I'm really tired of people whining about how similar to the comics the movies are. The comics were written the way they were because they were targeted at kids. Are you are kid? Why do you give a shit if Batman kills criminals? Fucking grow up
>>
Batman is evil in every story.
>>
File: Batman - Earth One v2-083.jpg (281 KB, 767x1123) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Earth One v2-083.jpg
281 KB, 767x1123
>31%
DC film reboot when?
>>
IT'S BASED ON THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS

BATMAN SHOT A GUY WHO FELL OUT THE WINDOW IN THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS

YOU STUPID IGNORANT FAGGOTS

I WANT TO KILL YOU ALL LIKE BATMAN DOES
>>
>>67421021
this. action heroes kill people all the fucking time and general audiences don't give a fuck about that. only cape fans care about these rules and even then a lot of them don't spaz out when the no-kill rule is thrown out. if you want explosions and shit, no-kill rules are just in the way.
>>
>>67420351

>I have never seen batman outside of cartoons
Daily reminder the Batman has killed and used guns before in almost every movie and in the comics.
>>
>>67421749
Nah, he didn't save him. The opening sequence in the monastery is far worse.
>here, kill this guy!
>NO!
>set cloister aflame
>cloister explodes with LoA and the guy he was supposed to kill in it
>It's ok, I saved Ra's.
>>
>>67423280
>but by subverting that rule you allow for a different set of stories you can tell with that character.
But then you aren't doing an adaptation, you're "recreating the character". And that's a load of horseshit because it's cheap and it's lazy. It's the director saying "I want to be remembered for my new unique brilliant view but I don't want to go through all the trouble of actually creating a new character myself, so I'll just steal 80% of the existing elements of a popular one and change a few things to be different."

It's not like they just changed what kind of aftershave Bruce Wayne like or anything inconsequential like that. Batman's no-kill policy is a defining element of his philosophy and deeply integrated with his whole personality and motivation. When you change that, that character ISN'T BATMAN anymore.
>>
File: ibelieveyou1.gif (436 KB, 1000x1141) Image search: [Google]
ibelieveyou1.gif
436 KB, 1000x1141
>>
File: ibelieveyou2.gif (259 KB, 1000x793) Image search: [Google]
ibelieveyou2.gif
259 KB, 1000x793
>>67423856
>>
>>67422183
Then put Batman in a ballerina costume and make him a black woman with autism.

Changing shit doesn't get excused just by going "it's an adaption." You have to actually do something interesting with the character to justify the changes. As it stands, Batman is a better, more interesting character when he isn't killing people.
>>
>>67423903
>>67423779
>>67423770
>>67423750
>>67423743
Stop ignoring me, you stupid faggots.

1) This movie is based on The Dark Knight Returns because, you know, THAT'S THE BOOK WHERE BATMAN FIGHTS SUPERMAN

2) In that book, Frank Miller has Batman use a gun and kill someone.
>>
>>67423946
I'm one of those anons.

Frank Miller's Dark Knight fucking sucks. It was novel when it came out, but it doesn't stand up today.
>>
>>67420465
The original batman killed a shitload of people in the comics
>>
>>67423903
>As it stands, Batman is a better, more interesting character when he isn't killing people.
4u

No, but seriously, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

This isn't Harry Potter, this isn't Jaws, this isn't The Shining. It's not an adaptation of one novel. It's an original story inspired by characters in comic books, and loosely based on TDKR and TDoS. It's not "changing" anything - at least, nothing that hasn't been changed before. Batman and Superman have both killed in their other live-action films, and they've both killed in the comics, too.
>>
>>67423856
soon as I saw the dude with the M60 against the wall I knew what was coming
>>
>>67423988
>It's not an adaption of one novel

>>67423946
>his movie is based on The Dark Knight Returns because, you know, THAT'S THE BOOK WHERE BATMAN FIGHTS SUPERMAN
>>
>>67420351
Exactly what i wanted yes! Possibly the best superman i ever saw
>>
>>67421941
grimdark batman has been around a lot longer than 15 years
>>
>>
File: 2QcNSmR.gif (3 MB, 381x318) Image search: [Google]
2QcNSmR.gif
3 MB, 381x318
>>67423988
Find ONE person Batman killed here, I dare you
>>
He isn't exactly sane here. He took on God-man in a fistfight.
>>
File: batman-2.jpg (195 KB, 465x435) Image search: [Google]
batman-2.jpg
195 KB, 465x435
>>67421402
The grandpa batman straight up murdered people in their sleep.
>>
>>67423988
What does having Batman murder people do for him as a character? What dimension does it add?

Because not having him murder gives the character moral burdens. It allows you to create a movie, like Dark Knight Rises, where the character has to choose between taking the easy way out and just killing the bad guys, or take the higher ground and turn them over to the law (which may fail him).

A murderer Batman would only catch the Joker once.
>>
>>67424034
Yeah, and that is LITERALLY a story where he realizes guns cause more problems than they solve and he gives them up, cherrypicking retard.
>>
>>67423969
The frank miller batman books are the only ones that dont blow chunks. They balance the line between camp and edgy perfectly.
Everything else is either the shitty 90s grimdark shit or straight up goofy clown bullshit
>>
>>67420351
The people who decided that they were gonna like the movie regardless are gonna pretend like it's not a big deal, just as they pretended it wasn't a big deal when Snyder did the same thing with Superman.

To everyone else it's proof that Snyder's life should be destroyed.
>>
>>67424053
Vampires aren't people, they're undead abominations. Killing them legally doesn't qualify as murder.
>>
why WOULDN'T Batman kill?
>>
>>67424087
The Frank Miller Batman is the shitty late 80s/90s grimdark bullshit.
>>
>>67424053

>vampires

Undead don't count.
>>
>>67424045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM

>George Clooney confirmed for best Batman
>>
>>67424096
Early batman had no problems killing people.
The entire "he doesnt use guns" thing was an idea of Whitney Ellsworth because "save the children".
>>
>>67424108
Miller is the only Batman writer worth a damn.
>>
>>67424064
Batarangs are as deadly as guns faggot.
>>
>>67424045
Wtf why does that one guy just slip? Please tell me this isn't the final movie? Didn't watch bale as his voice was fucking ridic
>>
File: zq7wwkrheqkopcwyoarf.png (463 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
zq7wwkrheqkopcwyoarf.png
463 KB, 636x358
>>
>>67424137
Miller is literally the worst Batman writer because not only did he shit up Batman during his run, but he helped start a shitty trend in comic books and basically paved the way for idiots like Liefeld.
>>
>>67424108
No, frank miller invented that kind of style but in a satirical way. Everyone else just copied it with half the brains and it ended up shit.
Frank Miller is unironically the best comic book writer america ever produced.
Even Dark Knight 2 is a masterpiece that just fucking flew over people's heads and people got butthurt exactly because it was a satire and not grimdark.
>>
File: DK2Celebs.jpg (140 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
DK2Celebs.jpg
140 KB, 600x910
>>67424180
Talk about never having read a frank miller comic book.
His comics are never meant to be taken literal. They are literally loaded with satire.
Dark knight strikes again was full of rather prophetic satire of social media and web 2.0.
It's much more relevant these days, but because neckbeards got super offended by it you can't even properly discuss it.
The idea that super heroes would turn into attentionwhoring e-celebs thanks to social media is rather brilliant.
>>
>>67424129
Everyone is aware of this. It's the same era that brought us Superman losing his shit to a prankster leprechaun.
>>
>>67424012
>>his movie is based on The Dark Knight Returns because, you know, THAT'S THE BOOK WHERE BATMAN FIGHTS SUPERMAN
Like 12 minutes of it is based on that novel. Oh, and the nuke.
>>
>>67424186
And it led us to today. Do you think Batman murdering people in BvS is also "satire?" Because it's not. It's just people aping his work without understanding it and creating shit.
>>
>>67424271
t h i s
q e d
snydercucks b t f o
>>
>>67424180
Frank Miller is the only writer who wrote a good batman. Everything else is either camp or dogshit.
Batman itself is such a silly concept that miller deserves all the credit for making him into something people actually liked and took serious.
>>
>>67424248
>His comics are never meant to be taken literally
And yet, they are, as evidenced by BvS.
>>
>>67424045
Haha. No, he kills Talia (again, not "murders". Why are we throwing that word around?) when she's driving the bomb through the city. He launches missiles at her and her injuries from the resulting crash are fatal.

>>67424057
As I've just said, he killed in that movie.
>>
It was surprising to see at first, but I didn't mind that Batman killed criminals. He's been doing it for 20 years, it's understandable if he just doesn't give a shit anymore.
>>
File: mqbvwebgjosca7a208ej.png (463 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
mqbvwebgjosca7a208ej.png
463 KB, 636x358
>>
>>67424271
I don't give a shit you autist.

Go write your congressman to make it mandatory that every batman movie is based on silver age comic books, let's see how that works out.
>>
>Batman murders people
Why is Joker still alive?
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>67424162
>You would think Batman had no one helping him in that fight
>>
>>67424352

Well if the rumors are to be believed Joker's his greatest failure because it's a mind broken Robin and he can't bring himself to do it
>>
>>67420351
>They Show Bruces murder
>They don't show Robins murder
>If they did it would have been 10x as better and actually make sense
>>
>>67424360
Agents of CIA would singlehandedly save the DC cinematic universe.
Prove me wrong
>>
>>67424260
>It's the same era that brought us Superman losing his shit to a prankster leprechaun.
And it was fucking awesome.
>>
>>67424348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjVw1TKw0xw
Grimderp Batman is a bigger joke than anything ever done in the Silver Age.
>>
File: miller5-2.jpg (485 KB, 1804x796) Image search: [Google]
miller5-2.jpg
485 KB, 1804x796
>>67424295
Whats your problem? Did BvS honk you off?
>>
>>67424459
>"shit, i have no argument against that"
>"oh well, i'll just play like he's angry"
>>
>>67424057
well technically bale can only catch ledger once heh. because he's dead.
>>
File: DK2lex-about-to-die.jpg (16 KB, 323x183) Image search: [Google]
DK2lex-about-to-die.jpg
16 KB, 323x183
>>67424442
Miller batman is not forced grimdark though. Miller is too good of a writer.
The grimdark shit came with the early 90s and x-treme liefeld shit, which was aping miller's success with adult oriented comics but without understanding what the great thing about them was in the first place.
>>
Batman is fucking INSANE in this movie and the initial premise is him wanting to kill a god that saved the whole planet for no fucking reason aside his creepy nightmares. Are you really complaining about him acting out of character?
>>
>>67424530
>which was aping miller's success with adult oriented comics but without understanding what the great thing about them was in the first place.
That's what BvS does.

Pretty much, if you're not Miller, you can't write Batman killing people.
>>
>>67424502
There is no argument to be had here.
You clearly never read a frank miller batman book and you idolize some weird silver age version of the character, because for some reason that's your definite batman and you can't wrap your head around the fact that there were different versions before and after they castrated batman to appeal to some moral code during the 60s.
>>
>>67424563
Not even debating the fact.
I haven't seen the movie yet but I thought man of steel was a giant piece of shit and I think the fault lies clearly with snyder here.
He should go back to making picture by picture comic book adaptations like 300.
>>
File: 1320519882145237798.jpg (156 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1320519882145237798.jpg
156 KB, 800x587
>>67424530
>Miller is too good of a writer.
All-Star Batman and Robin was atrocious.
>>
>>67420351
What version of batman gave you the ideal he wasn't a bloodthirsty vengeance seeking psychopath?
>>
>>67423903
>Batman is a better, more interesting character when he isn't killing people.

Maybe, but I think in the context of this movie it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>67424583
Go back to reading issues of Youngblood.
>>
>>67424627
It's a known fact that frank miller lost his mind after 9/11.
That spirit movie he directed was also terrible. Also that comic about batman fighting al-qaeda that he had to rewrite into non-batman fighting non-al-qaeda
>>
>>67424627
That comic book was brilliant and you know it. The fact that it pissed off millions of neckbeards was proof enough of how great it was.
Miller knows exactly what he is doing, he just did a version of what people expected from him "grimdark batman" that simply took it on another level and showed people how goofy the fucking concept is.

People did not react to well to the satirical and crazy dark knight strikes again and cried for more grimdark, so he gave them more grimdark than they could handle.
>>
File: DarkKnightReturns3.jpg (440 KB, 1200x1364) Image search: [Google]
DarkKnightReturns3.jpg
440 KB, 1200x1364
>>67424675
FRANK MILLER IS A GOD YOU FILTH
>>
File: DK2RobinBobbin.jpg (249 KB, 700x935) Image search: [Google]
DK2RobinBobbin.jpg
249 KB, 700x935
>>67424673
Why would you even compare miller and liefield unless you are a complete moron?
>>
>>67424716
I like old frank miller. It's delusional to think he hasn't gone to shit in the last 15 years. He can't even draw anymore.
>>
>>67424712
It's almost like Grimdark Batman who murders people sucks, which is why it's incredibly stupid that they did that in the very much not satire film Batman vs Superman The Justice Begins Here.
>>
>>67420862
>>67420862
>>67420862
>>67420862
This. It's not that complicated. Batman is doing his job for 20 years, he is broken and bitter and yet the crime is still there. He compares criminal to "weeds" because they keep coming back.
>>
yeah batman is a massive cunt in this movie
>>
>>67424744
Nah. Batman who murders people is completely ok.
It just depends how you portray it. The tone makes the music.

The moment where "batman doesnt kill people" jumped the shark really hard was that one animated short where a gangster gets shot and batman almost pisses his pants and drives him to the hospital while crying.
>>
>>67424459
BvS killed my mother and raped my father.
>>
>>67424786
If I want "Batman who kills people" I'll just watch the Punisher.
>>
>Your mom's name is also Marta? man, then I'm totally going to help you and forget why I hate you in the first place
>>
>>67424627
Don't see the issue. It was stupid fun that took Batman in a different direction by emphasizing the violence and egocentric obsession that fits easily into a loony vigilante story. It's not an appealing take on Batman but it's fairly believable. It's not deconstructive, exactly, but it's an amusing subversion. Definitely not amazing, and far from a personal favorite, but it doesn't deserve all the bitching it gets.
>>
>>67424815
Isnt the punisher basically marvel's edgy take on batman in the first place?
>>
Based Snyder triggering all the /co/mblrinas who shittalked MoS by making muh no guns Batman kill dozens
>>
>>67424822
This. Neckbeard autists are just absolutely tone-deaf when it comes to satire and deconstructions of archetypes.
>>
>>67424829
And yet the Punisher manages to do "Batman who murders people" better than the Batman who murders people.
>>
>>67424829
That's Moon Knight.
>>
>>67424855
>BvS is just satire
But it isn't.
>>
>>67420674
If batman decides to kill arbitrarily the joker dies after his first crime spree. Batman as a character fails to work if he kills.
>>
>>67424822
>>67424855
BvS isn't satire. BvS isn't a deconstruction. BvS isn't smart.
>>
>>67424875
>>67424893
We were talking about allstar batman and robin.
>>
>>67424916
That's also neither of the things mentioned.
>>
>>67424916
Go to /co/ if you want to talk about comics.

Talk about the movie here.
>>
>>67420556
Bitch please lol this is nothing close to nolans vision, completely fictional and unrealistic portrayal of batman, with all the fucking explosions it looked like somethig michael bay would make, the doomsday section made me laugh with how retarded the amount of explosions were
>>
>>67424855
There is absolutely no satire to BvS. It was literally just them going "let's make Batman EDGIER and DARKER" which is cool if you're a little boy in middle school I guess.
>>
>>67421247
Nah, all my normie friends know he doesn't kill. You're talking out of your arse about shit you know nothing about. It wasn't the philosophy of the dark knight, it was the fucking plot. People remember memes and quotes like "and tonight you're gonna break your one rule!" so they'll know batman doesn't kill. They might not care, but they'll know. You're under-estimating the average audience and over-estimating how niche pop culture arguments on 4chan are. 4chan is normie Central now.
>>
>>67421278

Yes he did. And Keaton's Batman also sucked. So what's your point, exactly?
>>
>>67424352
Because of the "If I kill him, ill be just like him" thing, even though he kills henchmen
>>
>>67420351

STOP THINKING ABOUT "UNIVERSES"

TOLKIEN UNIVERSE
MARVEL UNIVERSE
ALIEN UNIVERSE WITH OR WITHOUT ALIEN 3 HURR
STAR WARS UNIVERSE DURR RUINED BY PREQUELS DERP

JESUS CHRIST YOU FAGS

STOP BEING SUCH HORRIBLE ESCAPIST CUNT

THINK OF THE STORY, THINK OF WHERE IT LEADS TO, ON THE CATHARSIS, THE EPIPHANY, THE MENTAL WEALTH, YOU CAN IGNORE ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE AND PAY ATTENTION TO ANYTHING THAT YOU LIKE

THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT

YOU ARE GIVING THESE JEWS MONEY JUST SO THAT THEY CAN PUT YOU IN ANOTHER "UNIVERSE"

THAT SHIT AIN'T ANOTHER UNIVERSE, THOSE GUYS ARE SWIMMING IN MONEY AND YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT A FICTIONAL CONTINENT

HONESTLY, BE A FUNDAMENTALIST CREATIONIST FAGGOT, BELIEVE IN FAIRIES, WATCH ANCIENT ALIENS AND IT WILL STILL BE MORE HEALTHY TO YOU THAN THINKING OF MOVIE, BOOK AND COMIC BOOK UNIVERSES

YOU ARE NO BETTER THAN MLP FAGGOTS

WHY CAN'T YOU BE GODDAMN NORMAL? FUCK YOU MANCHILDREN, GROW UP
>>
>>67420882
Every mainstream buzzfeed-tier site comments about Batman having the no-kill rule, I know this because I read a Cracked article about it.

Stop pretending one of the most well known quips of the second most popular superhero of all time isn't mainstream.
>>
>>67423856
>>67423877
Bravo Zack
>>
>>67420351

Yes,

He tried being good, but all it did was just get his Robin killed and got his house Burnt down.
>>
better be a fucking problem after all that bitching about man of steel. i was fucking baffled as to how people were pissed when superman HAD to kill zod.

batman's no kill policy is even more famous than superman's and you have people defending this. unbelievable.
>>
>>67427430
This. Obviously critics (and a ton of general audience) would be thrown off by this without a solo film first showing the development. Fans can accept it. Fans know it happens to Batman eventually. It just wasn't a good idea to start the franchise with it.
>>
>>67421145
>The Dark Knight was popular as fuck and made a really strong point about Batman not being a killer
It was a shit and weak pont and brought more problems with it. Batman was a SJW PC LGBT FEMEN KEK in Nolan's films.
If Batman had just curbstomped Joker's head into a squashy strawberry smoothie he could have prevented the deaths of many people, but instead he went with his false sense of a retarded morale compass.
Nolan is a hack.
>>
>>67420351
It was only a matter of time before he snapped
>>
>>67425403
Get a better gimmick.
>>
>>67420351

say what you want about the movie but Afflecks face looks better in the cowl than any other movie batman
>>
Using DKReturns as basis for Batman is missing the point of why he's like he is in DKR. In there Bruce is 60 years old, basically alone aside from Alfred, and fully retired from being Batman, plus the world being overall darker and meaner as well.

So when Batman comes back, there's this sense of Bruce not giving a fuck and wanting it to be over already,yet he still tries to abide by his no kill rule.

And fuck, Returns ends with a hope spot, with Bruce training a new generation to try and help Gotham (or at least, that's what I remember since its been a while) so its not all edgy like Snyder thinks it is.
>>
>>67427756

idk man the animated TDKR movies were edgier than Snyder's take
>>
>>67427788
This. Baffleck is fine, the character is supposed to be old and cynical
>>
>>67421550

You do realize that the top selling comics sell about 50,000 copies right?

Comics readers are not even 1% of people who go to see those movies.
>>
>>67427891
Again, by using a version of the character while missing its point.
>>
>>67427511
I defended both, stop acting like /tv/ is one person you retarded fuck.
>>
>>67421353
Still think the makeup guys should have made Two-Face half Billy Dee Williams
>>
>>67421670
> he's got a gun, why the louisville slugger
> literal bat man
>>
>>67424403

They didn't want to show Robin because they're trying to sell the new Joker in Suicide Squad
>>
>>67422183
literally no one agrees with you

The sad part is there's a grain of truth to what you're saying, but it's not the POINT of transferring a story from one medium to another.
>>
Its not, its capeshit.
>>
>>67420351
He lost his fucboi Robin, he doesn't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>67420556
DCucks might be the most delusional people I've ever seen on 4chan.
>>
>>67428148
Right, and I've obviously not phrased my train of thought properly.
The thing is that there is no story being transferred here. It's taking cues from The Dark Knight Returns and The Death of Superman, but it's an original story doing its own thing.

And it's not doing it badly, I stand by my 3/10 rating. My point is that the fact that "Batman kills" being a dealbreaker is utterly retarded and from all the people on your side of the argument let me say this: please shut up, you're not helping.
It's a bad film for many reasons, but that's not one of them.
>>
Ummm didn't Batman blow the shit out of someone with TNT in Batman Returns?
>>
>>67420407

Batman doesn't compromise you superslut

Man could be ruling the comic book world and take out cunts like Superman.

He doesn't compromise.
>>
>>67421941
fucking Dobson
how can one man have so consistently wrong viewpoints
>>
>>67428039
maybe if they didn't cost four bucks for 22 pages they'd sell more
>>
>>67420351
I fucking hate these posts, its like my Mom found 4chan and in a rage after seeing a movie denounced it morally.
>>
>>67428075
then I obviously wasn't talking about you then was I? Eat a dick and shut the fuck up you pussy.
>>
DCfags posting overtime today, Dawn of Justice was a terrible movie you fucking degenerates.
>>
I honestly thought Jeremy Irons was Robert Downey Jr.
>>
>>67420681
Sorry it didn't meet your emotional requirements. Maybe you could call your mom and the two of you could have a good, cleansing cry over it.
>>
File: file.png (603 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
603 KB, 1920x1080
>>67428454
>>
>4chan is crying about movie violence
kek
>>
>>67420681
Wasn't a fan of BvS but the reason the sex scene is so dramatic in Watchmen is because right before it they were literally talking about what could happen if Dr. Manhattan had motivation to do something evil. So then a 5 minute scene of some dude banging his girlfriend was a pretty heavy scene
>>
>Branding. Using guns. Not muh aflred.

They butchered batman. just to make superman and batman different AND create conflict, when they share that same ideal if not killing. batman just danced closer to that line and pushed the boundaries of how he would get info and beat criminals senseless or breaking bones permanent damage. This movie fucked up a lot of things except the scale of doomsday was perfect. Could've used more bone spikes on the eye brows and fists. What the fuck was up with the e.m.p. blasts he was creating?? Darkseid better be fucking massive too.
>>
Did batman win?
>>
>>67420681
The sex scene, as dumb it was, was because of the adrenaline in their system after doing a rescue
>>
>>67423742
>BATMAN SHOT A GUY WHO FELL OUT THE WINDOW IN THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS
When?
>>67423743
I don't remember anyone complain about Marvel characters kill.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byycwl8qgc

He never kills people, he sends them to the farm
>>
>>67423877
But look at that, he didn't actually shoot him dead.
>>
>>67423742
The only person Batman kills in TDKR is Joker, and it's a very dramatic, heavy scene that gives closure to their rivalry. Batman finally realizes that Joker is right, he must be killed. Batman can't save him. But even so, Batman fights on in the hope that Joker was the only one.
>>
>>67428787
Yes, but he needed a lot of Kryptonite gas. I actually thought the Batman/Superman fight was pretty good. I fell for the "Batman made an ironman suit reverse engineered by zod suits" memes and expected a full blown slugfest between the two.

Instead, Batman gets his shit pushed in by Clark until he hits him with a kryptonite gas grenade, then he tosses him around a bit until the effects of the kryptonite wears off, then he gets his shit pushed in until he luckily hits superman with another grenade, then drags him off to kill him with the kryptonite spear.
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.