[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Marvel's Batman is better at being Batman than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: daredevil.jpg (264 KB, 1680x942) Image search: [Google]
daredevil.jpg
264 KB, 1680x942
How come Marvel's Batman is better at being Batman than Batman? At least the Devil of Hell's Kitchen sticks to his code. Batman is a killing machine now.
>>
File: 1458660093922.jpg (29 KB, 521x338) Image search: [Google]
1458660093922.jpg
29 KB, 521x338
>>67398307

>he gets beat up and gets tired so that makes the fights better
>foggy nelson

fuck off.
>>
>>67398357
He's a better character.
>>
>>67398423

cool, thanks for letting us know what you think. now fuck off
>>
I love Daredevil but I've never seen the Netflix show at all.

Is he Catholic in the show? Is it referenced at all or is it relevant to his character?
>>
>>67398450
How about you fuck off. You don't know shit.
>>
>>67398357
>>67398450
DC defense force detected
>>
>>67398485

>I'm 12: the reply
>>
>>67398482
Yes.
>>
>>67398482
Referenced all the time. It's a huge part of his character. He even prays before admitting that he MIGHT have to kill someone.
>>
>>67398307
Just finished S2 Ep11.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the ninjas, but Frank's story is absolutely brilliant.

>>67398357
Wow go fuck yourself anytime
>>
>>67398482
One of the recurring characters is his priest. Daredevil's Catholic faith is way more of a factor in season 1 (admittedly I've only seen up to episode 7 of season 2, so it could ramp up in the end), but it's there.
>>
>>67398508
>I'm a DC nuthugging faggot: the reply
>>
>>67398482
It's really relevant in the first season, but not as prevalent in the second.

It adds a really nice layer of depth to him.
>>
>>67398571

>anyone who doesn't like DD obviously loves DC

shit dude are you under 17?
>>
>>67398307
This guy is a newfag. Batfleck is an oldfag. He got tired of beating up the same guys year after year. No more half measures.
>>
>>67398307
His slavish adherence to his code mixed with Frank's "kill-em-all" persona was really well done this season.

>Restaurant beatdown
Fucking hell.
>>
>>67398482

Yep.

The show never makes any statement about his Catholicism (there's no religious/anti-religious message) but it's very overt and is part of what justifies his no-killings code.

He also has this priest mentor who he turns to for advice every now and again.
>>
>>67398307
>Punches and kicks people repeatedly in the head.
>Throws people violently against hard surfaces.
>Hits people with sticks and chains and other weapons.
>Somehow never kills anyone.

Yeah, not buying it. He should've accidentally killed someone by now.

Also, he's a fucking hypocrite. He's a lawyer who professes a faith in the law, and then he proceeds to break the law every damn night. When anyone else takes the law into their own hands, however, he fights 'em, screaming, "Reeee, justice belongs in the court" as he lays down an extra-judicial beating.

Fuck Daredevil. At least Batman doesn't pretend to believe in something even as he violates it over and over again.
>>
>>67398622
Your BvS was shit. Get over it.
>>
>>67398738

o k k i d

continue posting to make yourself feel validated, I get it now. carry on
>>
>>67398482
So Catholic, he even recognizes Punisher was part of the faith when he's talking to him
>>
>>67398691
>those people should be dead from their injuries!
>what is a suspension of disbelief

If you've watched the show then you'd realize how conflicted he is by your complaints that he ignores the law as a vigilante. He argues with Foggy about it all the fucking time. Better than BvS where Batman is apparently fine with straight up murdering people.
>>
File: 1458579944306.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
1458579944306.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>>67398840

>can't explain the show's merits without comparing it to a DC film he hasn't seen
>>
>>67398482
Talked about a lot, he visits his priest all the time in the first season
>>
>>67398691
He's not going out of his way to kill someone though. If he kills them, it would be an accident and he would feel like shit. This is what makes his character interesting though. He's willing to beat the absolute shit out of someone, but not kill them, even if death would be mercy in some cases. The whole "justice belongs in court" thing makes sense because he only beats up the criminals and tries to expose them for the police to capture them. Punisher on the other hand plays executioner and kills criminals with no mercy. DD wants them to pay for their crimes in court and in jail, not through death.
>>
>>67398840
>where Batman is apparently fine with straight up murdering people.
It's not murder if they deserve it.
>>
>>67398886
>implying that guy isn't a filthy foreigner
>>
>>67398793
Your only insult is getting old friend. Think of something new family or get out of my thread.
>>
File: Moon_Knight_Head.jpg (136 KB, 720x557) Image search: [Google]
Moon_Knight_Head.jpg
136 KB, 720x557
Marvel's Batman is Moon Knight, not Daredevil.
>>
>>67399002

>marvel owns my anus: the reply
>>
>>67398307
I like how they unJUSTed his helmet.
>>
>>67399065
Bored waiting in line at your local IMAX? I don't blame you for shitposting. Have fun waiting in line for 6 more hours just to watch your favorite superhero get butchered.
>>
>>67398840
I can't suspend my disbelief. His abilities are supposed to stem from natural talent, not magic - which is what you'd need to avoid killing someone with repeated strikes to the head. And it's not like he holds back.

Also, I know he's conflicted. It comes up all the time. But it's a stupid conflict - "I believe in the law but I'm a total criminal!" - and it shows that he's an utter hypocrite. There's a greater purity in characters like the Punisher or Batman who reject the law and embrace their own vision of justice, even if that means killing the wicked. Maybe I don't agree with their violent ways, but at least they aren't holier-than-thou faggots with a superiority complex.

I still like the show, though, even if I dislike the character.
>>
File: image.png (415 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
415 KB, 640x360
>>67398886
>brings up Batman
>hurr don't talk about batman
>>
>>67399251
Fair enough. Your argument works with the Punisher, but not Batman. Batman works side by side with Commissioner Gordon and refrains from killing to the extreme. He embodies the same flaws that you are arguing about in Daredevil, which is an issue that I think the Daredevil show handles well and the comic books handle even better for both characters.
>>
>>67398357
>>67398450
>>67398508
>>67398622
>>67398793
>>67399065
How does it feel DCuck? How does it feel knowing your movie is shit?
>>
I used to stump for Batman
But that's it
I'm a #daremissile now
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.