[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ben Affleck Batman Film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: CQ0jTQPXAAEtP0u.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CQ0jTQPXAAEtP0u.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
Is DC still going ahead with a standalone Batman Affleck film?

All the critics of BvS praised Affleck in his role and he definitely does deserve to be in his own movie!

Set it as a prequel to BvS or something.
>>
>>67385252
I still can't get over how awful this suit looks, fuck DC
>>
>>67385322
Fuck you thats the best bat suit. Way better than bale.

Fuck marvel for putting spiderman in the avengers
>>
>>67385252
A standalone Batman film with zero involvement from Snyder or Goyer has potential.
>>
>>67386247
It terrible man.
>>
>>67386247
>>67386360
It's legit a good batsuit. It looks bulky and menacing. Shame it was used in one of the worst Batman movies, so we won't ever see it again :(
>>
I don't understand the appeal of this super-edgy murderous Batman. Would he be an anti-hero?
>>
>>67386486
He obviously trying to do Frank Miller Batman, though he wasn't even full on murderous and still felt like rougher version of the classic character. It also helped in TDK Returns that Superman was a boyscout pushover that contrasted a darker batman
>>
>>67385252
I wonder how the dceu is going to play off.

Like will it be linear like most of the marvel one or with story lines darting all over the place. A great idea would be to set it in stone, for example, all the events of the universe happen between 2010 and 2018 with each film filling in a bit of the story each time, giving each member a chance to shine before they get outmatched by supes.

Would be a nightmare to put together though
>>
>>67386444
Batsuit? More like Fatsuit.
They padded the fuck out of that thing. Plus his neck is jacked up.
>>
>>67386679
they should have started with jl and then bvs
>darkseid invades and destroy jon jonzz hole planet, who flees to earth to save himself and then warn the world
>have all heroes already established, superman in metropolis,batman retired in gotham etc
>MM assembles them all
>they fight white martians commanded by a side villain sent by darkseid and win
>in the end super is forced to work for the gov and bats who's already skeptic about aliens becomes even more paranoid, setting the tone for a decent bvs

there, everyone would love it
>>
>>67385252
Get Ben Affleck to direct it and don't make him beholden to all this "shared universe" crap. That way we can have a legitimately good, standalone Batman movie.
>>
>>67386937
>that could even work to help the SS movie
>the gov needs to get some alien mcguffin, but we can't have the jl working on it so we'll send you instead
>>
>>67386937
reason why the dark knight returns fight works is because Bat and Supes already have a long complex history with each other. The old demented batman works more because we get a sense of the glory days since the Justice League is already long disbanded.
>>
>>67387117
yeah and that's the problem, in bvs bats hates him for a poor reason
>>
>>67387154
watching it, the movie was shit but batman's motivations where legit

his life is in pieces because of everything that happened in his life. He thinks that 20 years of beating up thugs was for nothing and he genuinely believes that killing superman may be his only shot at finally making a difference in the world.

superman's reasons however were flimsy as fuck
>>
>>67387154
He doesn't though, it's perfectly explained in the movie that Batman had a shit life, is completely washed up and sees killing Superman as the only way to cement his legacy
>>
>>67387275
thats fine but thats the arc you do at the end of all this, not before everything
>>
>>67385252
The batman franchise is a license to print money. WB will never let it die.
>>
>>67387235
>>67387275
except batman has always been a fucking autist who never let his emotions affect his decisions
>>
>>67387309
they spend half the movie going through batman's feelings on his 20 year crusade, even if you do all the movies first before this, you still need a retrospective from batman's POV which this movie gave. shortcut? yeah I guess but it wouldn't have made any difference in my opinion just because of all the previous batman movies we've seen.
>>
>>67387364
it's not an emotionally driven motive but rather a motive that's fueled by his eagerness to finally leave something tangible as his legacy, he even stated in the movie that he's so old but he has never even seen any difference to his crusade for the good
>>
>>67387364
Confirmed for not having read bronze age batman
>>
File: TDKReturns-batman.jpg (384 KB, 998x1148) Image search: [Google]
TDKReturns-batman.jpg
384 KB, 998x1148
>>67385322
BvS is based on The Dark Knight Returns, the suit in that is bulky af
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.