[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys weren't memeing, this bitch really was the biggest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
You guys weren't memeing, this bitch really was the biggest mary sue I've ever seen in my life.

>is a poor scavenger living alone in a desert waste
>somehow knows how to speak with droids
>somehow knows how to speak to Chewbaca
>somehow knows how to use the force
>somehow knows how to use the force better than somebody who has trained in the force all their life with the most powerful masters of the force
>somehow knows how to be an amazing pilot despite never flying before
>somehow knows the Falcon better than the man who has flown it for over 40 years
>somehow knows how to be a fucking sniper with a pistol despite never firing a gun
>somehow knows how to take down a Sith in a light-saber duel
>everyone loves her instantly within the first 10 seconds of meeting her
>Resistance gives her an incredibly important job countless people have died to achieve within 10 seconds of knowing her
I could keep going on to. I rolled my eyes so many times I pulled a muscle.

Finn was actually really good, though. Probably the best character in the movie. Stay cucked, /pol/
>>
File: pitfu2.jpg (372 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pitfu2.jpg
372 KB, 1920x1080
>>67384245
Who cares? Pits were legendary
>>
>>67384290
Any pics of her pussy pit?
>>
>>67384245

Because she was clearly already trained by Luke, which explains Kylo Ren losing his shit when he hears Finn was being helped by a girl.
>>
>>67384290
Too bad she has the face of an ayy and the neck and shoulders of a linebacker.
>>
saw her on the red carpet she looked so out-of-her-league compared to all the hollywood dimes.

Havent seen the movie yet as it is for ten year olds.
>>
>>67384307
She was left on the planet alone when she was fucking 5.

How do you teach a small child to do anything on that list?
>>
>>67384322

They changed her memory to keep her out of trouble, another plot point ripped from KOTOR
>>
File: The Pits.jpg (193 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
The Pits.jpg
193 KB, 1920x802
>>67384290
>>
>>67384245
well done for waiting for the rips, lots of people spent money to see this shit
>>
>>67384245
Finn was a good idea for a character, wasted to make the "janitor" joke (that made no sense).
>>
File: Hon Solow.jpg (270 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
Hon Solow.jpg
270 KB, 1920x802
>>
>>67384340
That's retarded, and if they decide to make that the case, if it isn't in the movie the character is introduced in it's shitty film-making.

>>67384354
I went to the dollar theatre. I thought the movie was going to be complete garbage, but I thought overall it was okay. I wouldn't even have minded them ripping off A New Hope shot for shot if they at least gave us a lead I could care about.

Everyone defends her saying, "YOU ONLY THINK SHE'S A MARY SUE BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL!" neglecting that Luke was an incredibly flawed, unlikable, yet relatable character that developed over 3 movies what she did in the course of 3 seconds.
>>
>>67384290
>>67384353
Licc
>>
>>67384413

>That's retarded, and if they decide to make that the case, if it isn't in the movie the character is introduced in it's shitty film-making.

Luke being Vader's son wasn't revealed in the first film either. There are going to be revelations about her background in the next film, whatever they are. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea either but it's hinted at in TFA and it explains her massive skill set.
>>
What is it about her face i find offputting? I can't put my finger on it
>>
>>67384245
>it's a small woman physically overpowers a non-manlet episode

Were we supposed to assume that she was using the force in the saber fight?
>>
File: the compressor.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
the compressor.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>67384466
Autism
>>
>>67384459
She's clearly a Skywalker.

>but it's hinted at in TFA and it explains her massive skill set.
No it doesn't. The only thing it explains is her being force sensitive. The only way to explain her shitty character is Mary Sue.
>>
>>67384482

Yes. Jedi use the force constantly in duels, which is why Finn got his shit slapped and she didn't.
>>
>>67384413
they really should have not had that lightsaber fight. Rey developed way too fast. As much as I liked Finn's heroic stance/motivation, the whole fight was un-necessary. I would've rather had Rey start developing her force potential at mind trick only. The fight could've been cut to give Rey more backstory on Jakku for being an engineer and a pilot to prevent the Mary Sue that we got from the editors.
>>
>>67384483
She is pretty qt, I have to admit.
>>
>>67384290
Jesus Christ i just typed in ridley pitts and something from reddit popped up saying Celebrity armpits.

i mean im not lying when i say i been here since before Obama was elected, ive literally jerked off to that picture of the one eyed cadaver getting fingered and that made me feeel weird.
jesus fuck theres an entire forum about people's armpits. fuck reddit is too weird for me
>>
>>67384466
when you look at her straight on, you can't tell if boy or girl, but when you look at her from the side, she's a gril.
>>
>>67384245
Get a life. It's just a fun movie for kids.
>>
>>67384515
n by that i meant the subreddit
>>
>>67384245
My theory is that Finn is only an advertising ploy.
They wanted to divert all the attention of the media to him, so when the audience will start noticing that the main character is a Mary Sue princess it would be too late.
>>
>>67384483
>>67384466
yeah she looks retarded
>>
>>67384504
finn could be force-sensitive.he heard the screams like obi-wan. all the other people in the cantina were inside.
>>
She was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>67384522
prequels are better
>>
>>67384245
Yeah but shes cute so who really gives a fuck. Im fine with Mary Sues as long as the girl is 10/10. Get some taste.
>>
>>67384537
it fucking worked, and i was rooting for finn. It just made me hate rey even more. Seemed like they developed finn more than rey. I'm pretty sure they edited it to make sure finn was the side character.

rian save rey please. I want to like her, but I can't.
>>
>>67384482

They literally stood there for like 30 seconds while her eyes were closed in the middle of the fight. Absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>67384340
She had NO memory of when she was left behind.
Her memories unlocked after touching Luke's saber.

And in the flashback we see she'd obviously be too young to have been taught anything.
>>
>>67384556
nah prequels had promising stories that were ruined by unnecessary/unplanned scenes and also plotholes. Dialogue too. Beautiful and memorable scenes/music, but it had too many cons due to its execution.

Plus, your subjective taste on CGI also adds into the score.
>>
>>67384567
Finn actually had character faults, a definable personality, and real character development.

It's why he ended up being the most likable person in that movie.

Try naming one thing about Rey's personality besides something she's good at. You can't. Because she's a fucking Mary Sue.
>>
File: pff.jpg (35 KB, 393x415) Image search: [Google]
pff.jpg
35 KB, 393x415
>>67384556
kek
>>
pls post sexiest and cutest rey caps from swtfa
>>
File: open.jpg (58 KB, 616x606) Image search: [Google]
open.jpg
58 KB, 616x606
>>67384619
>>
>>67384582
its not entirely flashback though. The last vision in the sequence was the starkiller base firing and Rey facing Kylo(masked) in the snowy forest.

So, she gained some of her backstory, but she could also be communicating with Luke/the force.

which either means the force is helping her do all of these things, or we've discovered another mary sue ability, which is being able to tell the future and past, like yoda.
>>
>>67384413
>literally list things about the movie that were shit
>"I thought it was okay"

when it was released there was a meme where people would do this and then go "fun movie though, 7/10 :)"

I guess Star Wars just means that much for Americans
>>
File: now this is podracing.jpg (289 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
now this is podracing.jpg
289 KB, 1920x802
>>
>>67384506
What I disliked most about the fight, is how they were at a stand-off until Rey went "og that's right, use the force to win"!

Bitch, you WERE using the force. Lightsabers don't just fly into your hands of their own will. From the moment the fight started you have been usng the force, how does this revelation change ANYTHING?
>>
>>67384602
she was once an alien gloryhole whore.
>>
>>67384623
>>67384643

me wanna cummies inside her ;_;
>>
>>67384625
If they just ended her abilities with that scene it would have been perfect.

It would literally just be her Force Awakening. Instead, she becomes more powerful than we've ever seen Luke, Vader, or even fucking Yoda in the course of an hour through no trial and error or learning. She just somehow knows she can do everything and does everything better than everyone.
>>
File: the fingering.png (2 MB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
the fingering.png
2 MB, 1920x802
Why did he do it?
>>
>>67384625
>>67384582
sorry, meant to add that the forceback vision sequence also had visions of the future.
>>
>>67384638
Well, yeah. Its entertainment. So it is just about the fun. Cry more
>>
>>67384638
It was well shot, had a great score, great action, and a few likeable characters. That makes it an okay movie despite being a rehash and having a shitty lead.

Just because something has a few heavy faults doesn't make it 0/10. Stop spending so much time on 4chan interest boards where everything is either 10/10 GOAT or blunder of the century.
>>
>>67384625
The way this movie treated her so far, it's safer to assume it's another force ability she completely unlocked and mastered without struggle, than random incomplete visions that were at least partly false. (Rey's age when she was left, etc)
>>
>she will never force force peg you
>>
>>67384677
suit yourself bro. I watched a camrip at home and still felt like my intelligence was being insulted.

this is now the 5th bungled chance to make a great Star Wars film.
>>
>>67384602
Abandoment issues leading to an over attachment to the first older male that shows her any kindness
But your point still stands
>>
File: thevision.webm (3 MB, 800x332) Image search: [Google]
thevision.webm
3 MB, 800x332
So did Kylo save her from some guy or was it unrelated?
>>
File: reddit.png (21 KB, 800x267) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
21 KB, 800x267
>Finn was actually really good, though. Probably the best character in the movie. Stay cucked, /pol/
>>
>>67384727
Maybe unrelated. She sees stuff that already happenened and she wasn't there (Cloud City duel), she see things that happened and she was there (when she was left on Jakku), she see stuff that will happen and she'll be there (Duel on Starkiller Base)
>>
>>67384692
>had a great score

not at all. Williams had to rush it and so the only good bits are recycled from the earlier films.

>great action, and a few likeable characters

for a lot of people, the plot holes, callbacks and incoherence totally undercut those elements by destroying immersion. not dissing you, just saying that it's also okay to have higher standards.
>>
>>67384245
I saw it yesterday, I have never been happier about not wasting money to watch this in the theater.
>>
>>67384245
To be fair a person who is untrained but incredibly gifted with the force could canonically use it well enough to overpower weaker trained force users, other than that she's pure Mary Sue.
>>
File: MAXIMUMPOTTERY.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUMPOTTERY.jpg
160 KB, 1280x720
>>67384645
meh, maybe jj is a master poet and he doesn't know it yet. If JJ can into this poetry, then I can forgive him for this fight.

I really want Rey to be a kenobi
>>
Why was everyone hyping up the crossbow thing?
It seemed really inconsistent with what kind of damage it does.

One time it blows up cover, the other time it leaves a big blast as it hits troopers, another time it leaves normal blaster marks as it hits troopers and it even needed two shots to open a lock.
Fuck, even Kylo Ren didn't have any visible wounds (apart from blood dripping down his robe) when he took a blast to the stomach/side.

With all the praising of the thing, online and in the movie, it seemed nothing more than a blaster that had one shot that exploded once.
>>
>>67384712
>suit yourself bro. I watched a camrip at home and still felt like my intelligence was being insulted.
dont care
>this is now the 5th bungled chance to make a great Star Wars film.
dont care
>>
>>67384700
yeah, but it's interesting how it isn't entire flashback, but both flashback and future vision, which means that rian and kasdan can manipulate the visions to be in the past or present(respective to the movie).
>>
>>67384757
I'm sure your greasy $10 in NEETbux really cost them a lot at the box office
>>
>>67384741
my friends from reddit says the star wars site on the website hate finn and love rey.
>>
File: kylo gets rekt.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
kylo gets rekt.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
>>67384769
>>
>>67384782
yeah its pretty much unanswered. the audience can only assume its because of the force desu.
>>
>>67384756
I'm not calling the movie art, senpai. I'm likely never going to even see it again. Maybe if I hadn't seen A New Hope enough to audibly scoff every-time they blatantly stole a scene or line I might even think it was great.

I'm just saying, I was expecting something beyond shit, and got a solid mindless entertainment popcorn flick.

As much as I hate Disney, they really have perfected making entertaining shit movies you'll enjoy but forget about the next day.
>>
>>67384818
>Elliot_Rogers_battles_a_Xenomorph.webm
>>
>>67384785
And yet you still care enough to write out that reply.
>>
>>67384245
Luke and Anakin both did almost all of those thing too anon, the only difference is that unlike Rey they both got their shit pushed in when they tried to duel against people with more experience than them
>>
>>67384788
I think it's more akin to simply the force showing her information she needs.
Her past was revealed, Luke's downfall was shown, Kylo's betrayel and his Knights were shown, it was shown how she was destined to face him, etc.

Keeping that in mind, there's no reason for the revealing of her own past to be anything but the truth.
So, again, there's no reason for her to be so proficient with the force and jed skills, as she was left behind as a small child.

The visions harmed the movie more than they helped it move forward.
>>
>>67384818
needs more Linkin Park
>>
>>67384867
That's just not true though. Most of those things Luke or Anakin couldn't do when we're first introduced to them.
>>
>>67384880
yeah, I can agree with that. Would've been much better for her to talk about her past with other characters for better char. development.
>>
>>67384727
My theory, Ill try to sum it up quickly.
>I think Rey was a part of Luke's Jedi squad training
>Kylo hates the camp, is tempted by the dark side
>Snoke gives Kylo Ren power, shows him his grandfather's past, Darthvader (Maybe even with some manifestation voodoo so they can shoohorn Dathvader)
>Kylo, with Snoke's knights, attack and kill the Jedi camp
>One knight is about to kill Rey
>Kylo can't bring himself to let them kill Rey
>Kills knight
>Uses some new sith force power to block Rey's memory of all this
>Sends her to Jakku to fuck off

It would also explain why when the Stormtrooper reports to Kylo, how Fin escaped.... with some girl. He loses his shit.
>"WHAT GIRL?"
Like hes becoming increasingly nervous it just might be Rey, his lost cousin he was suppose to kill so long again.
>>
>>67384867
The only think force-related Luke managed to do in his first movie was shoot a proton torpedo extremely accurately without a targeting computer, that's it, it's not til the second one you actually see him move stuff with his mind and use the lightsabre and it's not til the third one he can do mind tricks like what Obi-Wan was doing right from the start of the trilogy. His powers build up over the course of the series while with Rey apparently that all happens and more in her first film.
>>
>>67384818
Man, the lightsaber fights were maybe the most dissapointing thing about this movie.
>>
>>67384245
That is the fault of JJ, not her
>>
>>67384867
nah they had more background, due to other characters supporting said talents or literally showing their skills.

Rey kind of did that, but it just felt inconsistent with the character we were given in the first act. A scavenger is also an engineer and a pilot?
>>
>>67384867
>they both got their shit pushed in when they tried to duel against people with more experience than them
Yes, and they were only experts in a few select things, and even then it was shown and or explained how they reached that level. We understood when Luke became a hotshot pilot because we were told about him spending all his free time flying his T-16.

However, he couldn't fight for shit, and he was too impatient to use the force effectively like Yoda.

He had imperfections he developed over the course of the series that progressed with him changing and maturing as a character. That's called development.

Fucking hell, Luke GREW UP working with druids, and even he had to learn how to communicate with R2/Chewbaca. Rey lives alone in an even more desolate and uninhabited wasteland and just for some reason knows how to FUCKING SPEAK WOOKIE ARE YOU KIDDING ME
>>
>>67384911
Han (and even Kylo) obviously knows who she really is, so I agree completely.
Could've lead to some amazing scenes.
>>
>>67384942
He didn't blame the actors for any of that you dumbfuck
>>
>>67384841
well one things for sure: you won't forget it, because people are going to discuss it for fucking decades.
>>
>>67384245
She's a strong, independent woman.
>>
>>67384245
Are you autistic, OP?
>>
>>67384942
it's Disney's fault as well. someone had to sign off on "lets do another Death Star lmao"
>>
>>67384951
>>FUCKING SPEAK WOOKIE ARE YOU KIDDING ME
>B-but maybe there were Wookie traders at that outpost?
>And they took a liking to her, as everyone does
>And then taught her Wookie when she had time off from scavenging and surviving and learning droid as well
>B-because maybe there were droid traders at her outpost as well?
>>
>>67384990
>people are going to discuss it for fucking decades

Most people stopped discussing it a month ago. The only discussion still taking place is between neckbeards on anonymous forums at 3 AM
>>
>>67385003
Nah, sorry, famalam.
>>
>>67384245
She was definitely a Mary Sue but not enough to ruin the movie. It was still a fun movie and Poe and Finn were much more likeable and well done overall.

I read /pol/ regularly and still like Finn.
>>
>>67384245
>never flown ships before

Fucking sperg. She LITERALLY tells Finn she's a pilot, then ten minutes later that she's flown plenty of ships before.

And how in the unholy fuck can you presume she is better at Jediing than Luke?

It's like you were livetweeting instead of watching the movie.
>>
OK, so I have a question that doesn't deserve it's own thread.

If Kylo was the one who betrayed Luke, and killed Luke's apprentices he had to have been at least a teenager, right?
Hell, if the visions Rey has were correct, he definitely was.

So why is he still some angsty teenager?
How long has it been since the massacre?
Why did Rey see herself as a kid when she was left behind, isn't she about Kylo's age?
What their age difference?
>>
>>67384818
>s-she beat a trained Jedi despite having never used a lightsaber before
People exaggerate this fight, Finn managed to land a decent hit on Kylo despite almost getting killed in the process and then Rey managed to finish off an already injured man, I'm not saying she's not a Mary Sue but the it's pretty clear that Finn and Rey both got lucky and barely survived the fight with Kylo, not that she waltzed in and #REKT Kylo with zero effort
>>
>>67385025
dont bother, the only reason she spoke wookie was so she could stay flawless
>>
>>67384802
Nice, a butthurt cunt defender.
>>
>>67385216
she also used some Dark Side in the fight as evidenced by her angry face,
>>
>>67385211
Rey beating Kylo would make a lot more sense if they're both teenagers and Kylo therefore hasn't actually had much training with a lightsaber yet
>>
>>67385216
>not that she waltzed in and #REKT Kylo with zero effort

That's exactly what happened when she went "oh yea the force"
>>
>>67384556
not sure if serious or trolling
>>
File: six games.jpg (124 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
six games.jpg
124 KB, 450x450
>>67384466
>>
>>67384353
>>67384290

Pitfags are literally the worst.6
>>
File: drinking.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
drinking.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
>>
>>67385271
But they state Kylo was the one who killed Luke's trainees. And we were shown that.

So that can't really be it, right?

I'm honest to God fucking confused about this.
>>
>>67385338
Don't put any thought into this movie.

Clearly everyone involved didn't.
>>
>>67385338
>But they state Kylo was the one who killed Luke's trainees.
Poor children probably didn't even have lightsabers, Kylo slaughtered them like animals.
>>
I also watched this piece of crap yesterday, am I too late for the memes? Can someone update me?
>>
>>67385328
is this webm allegorical?
>>
>>67385267
>Kylo is really just an angsty teen and not truly evil and thus incapable of really using the dark side thus explaining why he's so shit at dueling despite being the grandson of The Chosen One
>Kylo will eventually turn good and become extremely powerful once he starts using the light side of the force
>Rey secretly has a dark and edgy side which allows her to use the dark side making her formidable in combat despite having no training

All that shit actually fits with the lore of Star Wars, Mace Windu was second only to Anakin in power because Mace used a very small amount of the dark side
>>
>>67384522
>It's just a fun movie for kids.
Which a lot retards fail to understand. This movie wasn't rated R?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbdooQxfdF8
>>
>>67385413
>Luke: Is the dark side stronger?
>Yoda: No! No, no. Quicker, more seductive.
get rekt nerd I'm sure you pulled that from some retarded comic book or cartoon but it has no place in the real canon
>>
>>67384459
Luke being Vader's son is left out of ANH.

But we learn enough about Luke in ANH to explain all of his capabilities within that movie. ESB was an extension of Luke's already established character.

Rey is being written backwards. With TFA, Abrams failed to meet some basic standards of storytelling.
>>
>>67385378
>memes

There aren't any, that's how average it is
>>
>>67385338
I get the feeling they're going to show that he was corrupted by the force or some bullshit when he committed the murders, I'm almost certain that he's going to reform and become a good guy eventually.

Star Wars isn't exactly known for it's deep philosophical themes but the question of whether or not people are permanently corrupted by evil or whether it's possible for people to become good again has always been the key theme of all seven movies.
>>
>>67385502
Are you telling me /tv/ posted about this movie for weeks if not months after it came out and not a single meme was formed?
>>
>>67385507
That's actually really interesting, but I think the posts were more aimed at the ages of the characters, reason/validity of the visions, and timeframe between events before and during the movies.

More to your point, Han and Ben's exchange kinda cemented Kylo's stance for me.
As Han thought he could bring him back, he offered to help him in any way that he could. He just didn't realise Ben needed help in killing him, as he was struggling to do it and actively asked for Han's help/blessing, so he could take his final steps towards to dark side.
>>
She is the Mary Sue or the movie used some KotOR elements.
>>
>>67385465
To my knowledge the cartoon is pretty much the only part of the extended universe that's still canon, if so then it's very explicitly stated that Mace Windu is almost the strongest in the galaxy because he uses the dark side. If not and the cartoon isn't canon then lol disregard that i suck cocks

P.s. Yoda wasn't as all knowing and wise as he thought he was, he said that it was impossible for someone who went to the dark side to return to the light even though numerous people, most notably Anakin, do that in the series
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 313x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 313x286
>>67384692
>great score
>>
this film is typical disney shit for kids and teenagers with political correctness shoving down people's throat

it is in fact perfect, because all the retards defending this sci-fi hannah montana will call you either a sexist if you critique ray or racist if you critique fin = FUCKING FLAWLESS

prepare yourselves for another star wars: starring edgy teenagers, mary-sue like and shallow characters,
"funny" jokes and even more star wars nonsense, which, while it was acceptable to some deegree, will hit the floor and go beneath it (let's build a star system sized death star, fellows! maybe this time a dozen of rebels won't destroy it, right? RIGHT?)

FUCK DISNEY
>>
>>67384245

I am too retarded and immature to wait for the explanation in the sequels: the post.
>>
File: themask.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
themask.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>
>>67384867
>luke
>is actually a trained pilot
>still needed help in the end

I think you need to go back and watch Star Wars to be honest family.
>>
>>67385643
>movie needs explanations in the sequels to explain literally EVERYTHING that happened
>it's still good though

no
>>
>let's enter the planet in light speed that will surely work well

Do these hacks even know how fucking fast lightspeed is?
>>
Why did those three monsters Han caught eat and kill everyone the moment they could, but decide to drag Finn around the entire ship when they caught him?
>>
>>67384990
'no'

This movie didn't even have the decency to be bad. It won't even live on in infamy.
>>
>>67385724
>psssssh, you can't react at speeds higher than lightspeed?
>cute, kiddo
>>
>>67385736
Have you tried eating nigger without spices? They taste awful.
>>
>>67385570
>Luke and Kylo face off in the next movie
>Kylo gets the upper hand, knocks Luke to the ground and prepares to deliver the killing strike
>Kylo's master tells him to finish him
>Kylo hesitates
>Kylo realises that he can't do it because he's not truly evil or some other bullshit
>Kylo's master then proceeds knock him out of the way and deliver the killing strike himself
>this causes Kylo to snap out of his master's control and regain his senses
>something something dark side
>Kylo rebels against his master and becomes a good guy

I'm not saying it's not retarded but I can see something similar happening in the next movie, if they don't turn out to be related it wouldn't surprise me if Rey and Kylo end up fucking, tumblr goes crazy for edgy reformed bad boys like Loki from the Marvel Universe
>>
>>67385756
Also

>traveling in lightspeed
>talking with each other over the radio
>>
>>67384867
>Luke
>not a complete fuck up

Get out.
>>
>>67385643
>movies shouldn't be made and judged in their own right
>let's wait two years to see if this movie made any sense
>>
>>67385570
>I used to be a lowlife smuggler
>then I became a war hero
>then I became a smuggler again
>now I'm a hero again
>surely this means my son can become a good guy again XDXD
>>
>>67384818
Kylo is such a little bitch. Even Finn almost wrecked him, no wonder a real force user like Rey kicked his ass to Mustafar and back. Srsly, Kylo is the only new character I can't stand, everyone else was likeable.
>>
>>67385846
Why did he become a smuggler again? Missed the thug life?

Also I didnt really get the movie. Didnt the republic come back? Who are the resistance then?
>>
>>67385884
I think Kylo and his fanbase are complete cancer, but he fucking got shot with a bowcaster before fighting her you dumb nigger.
>>
>>67384565
>I'm fine with a shitty character as long as she's hot
Neo-/tv/ everyone
>>
File: lightsaberbattle2.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
lightsaberbattle2.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
>>67385884
>Finn almost wrecked him
Kylo then got his shit together
>>
>>67385936
>I'm fine with a shitty character as long as it has a vagina

Fixed for accuracy.
>>
>>67385786
Well, he is a huge Vader fanboy, so his storyline might follow his to the letter. As it seems to be doing.

I won't like it, though.
>>
>>67385945
Finn still lasted more against him than a non-force sensitive could against a real sith. I hope Chewbacca tears the little snot limb-to-limb next time, he really shouldn't be the main bad guy of the trilogy.
>>
>>67385789
Seems like SOMEONE doesn't understand how radios work.

Kekeroni, next you'll be telling me it's a bad idea to absorb the sun of your own planet.
>>
>>67385912
>bowcaster
That thing's power is inconsistent at best.
Kylo wasn't even bleeding much.

Even then, fuckin FINN managed to hurt him before going down.
That's NOT supposed to happen.
>>
>>67385909
The movie is surprisingly realistic in that regard, the Empire was unbelievable powerful so even though the Emperor was killed at the end of RotJ the rest of the Empire basically carried on as if nothing had happened so even after 30 years of war the Republic has only regained control of a small amount of the galaxy
>>
File: eatfu.webm (2 MB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
eatfu.webm
2 MB, 1280x536
>>
>>67385539
tr8r is the only meme from the movie but it died quickly
>>
>>67385428
lol
>>
>>67386087
why would an energy weapon make anyone bleed famalam
>>
>>67386351
Well, it fucking did.
Didn't even ruin his robes, not a scratch.
>>
>>67384483
MULTIPASS
>>
>>67384290
>>67384302
>>67384427
>>67384510
>>67384515
>>67384554
>>67384565
>>67384619
>>67384643
>>67384653
>>67384705
>r-rey a cute...
>no actual defense for casting Daisey
>no actual counterargument for her being a Marry Sue.

Shitposting and derailment, powerful agents to the uninitiated...
>>
File: shootan.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
shootan.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
Is there anything this woman can't do
>>
>>67386908
Make a move enjoyable.
>>
File: BIG.jpg (486 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
486 KB, 1920x802
>>
>>67387085
>I don't need you to hold my hand, I know how to run

Just fucking show that.
Jesus Christ, I get what that cringy dialogue is trying to do, but just show her running as fast or faster (as they've already done) to get the point across. The dialogue was just sad.
>>
File: daisyii.jpg (481 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
daisyii.jpg
481 KB, 2000x3000
Rey is a marysue. But she's also an absolute qt
>>
File: hotdamn.jpg (554 KB, 3335x1855) Image search: [Google]
hotdamn.jpg
554 KB, 3335x1855
>>67387085
whoa
>>
>>67384924
I actually liked the slower style that emulates the original three.
>>
File: grumpy.jpg (397 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
grumpy.jpg
397 KB, 1920x802
>>67387179
Yes
>>
>>67387195
But there was no skill to it, at all.
I'm glad it wasn't swordballet, but they seem like they're just desperately swinging sticks at eachother.
>>
>>67387179
For a brit.
>>
File: JkYfgIm.jpg (690 KB, 2132x3000) Image search: [Google]
JkYfgIm.jpg
690 KB, 2132x3000
>>67387179
Rey is a 3/10, and that's generous. How the fuck did we go from Hershlag to this gremlin?
>>
>>67385679
what was the point of taking mask off?
>>
>>67387229
Well its a fight between an angsty emo kid who got shot, just killed his own father and is generally miserable against someone who never held a lightsaber before.
>>
File: kinography.jpg (169 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
kinography.jpg
169 KB, 1920x802
>>67387292
To show that he's human
>>
>>67387306
Even when she was guided by the force it looked sad.

Point is, they showed fucking horrible lightsaber battles in a Star Wars movie. Just seems like a weird thing to do.
>>
>>67387274

I miss her
>>
>>67387377
she was cute always crying
>>
>>67384245

She is a mary sue but a lot of those things have explanations.

She works with aliens and droids, it makes sense that she can understand them, all that takes for her to understand chewie is a wookie passing by jaku.
Luke just sort of learned how to use the force on his own, Obi Wan just gave him some nudges in the right direction.
That is stupid, Ren should've been stronger than her even if he is supposed to be a fuck up.
She is not an amazing pilot, she kept fucking up and she has flown ships before, she literally says so.
She knows the current Falcon better than Han given that the fat alien has made modifications to it and she has worked in it.
She missed a lot of shots.
He was injured, but yes it was bullshit.
Han wanted to throw her in a deserted planet when he met her.
She's a jedi or something, it makes sense that Leia sent her to find Luke, and she went there with Chewie, who has worked with the resistance for a long time.

Boyangles and Ren were the best parts of the movie.
>>
>>67387292
To prove that the wouldn't die if someone removed it.
>>
>>67385884

Kylo was toying with Finn. The moment Finn landed a hit he went rape mode and slashed open the niggas spine
>>
>>67385945
Man that spin was fucking nice. I liked the slower, heavier combat in TFA over the weightless prequel fighting.

Makes it look more like a swordfight rather than a stupid choreographed dance.

Also, the problems with this movie were really not just in that Rey is a Mary Sue. The problem is that the Death Star 2.0 is the most retarded fucking plan ever. Hurr lets absorb suns and use them to blow up systems for no reason.

It's literally the stupidest and most poorly thought through villainous plot I've seen in a long time. At least the destruction of Alderaan was sort of justified and had a purpose. Whereas this plan has no purpose.
>>
>>67384466

She looks like the kid that played Anakin in Phantom Menace.
>>
>>67387274
Your life must suck balls.
>>
>>67387274
Delete this

I'm reporting you to the hot pocket police if you don't get this ugly kikette outta here
>>
>>67386235
honestly I think Boyega killed it
i actually liked him in the movie, so this isn't me just being edgy, but he started posting on instagram and stuff with #traitor and shit, and it kind of just ruined the fun
like, I dont think Aiden Gillen ever posted his own Bane thing, but that meme is also unstoppable at this point
>>
>>67385679
Great little sequence there, I didn't love the whole scene but that part was cool.

>>67385828
Another one for my budding Lukefu folder
>>
>>67387419
>Makes it look more like a swordfight rather than a stupid choreographed dance

Disagreed. The only decent fight was Finn vs Trooper, and only then because the trooper looked like he at least knew what he was doing.

To each their own though, but I personally hope for better fights in the sequels.
>>
>>67387419

it did have a purpose, but everything political was cut from the movie

there were supposed to be lots of scenes of leia going to that planet to talk politics(where the new republic had their senate), that way we could form a connection to what it represented

but no they cut it and now it feels pointless indeed
>>
File: starwarsfamilyphoto.jpg (46 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
starwarsfamilyphoto.jpg
46 KB, 575x323
dont talk to me or to my son never again
>>
>>67386008
There's still a chance Finn turns out to have some powers though isn't there?
>>
>>67387500
Oh god please no
>>
>>67386908
requestan the muffin webm
>>
>>67387500

i hope not

too many main characters having force powers makes jedi and sith feel normal, instead of special (like in the prequels)
>>
File: osa5qfgnk2ypcpn8vdl9.jpg (31 KB, 636x318) Image search: [Google]
osa5qfgnk2ypcpn8vdl9.jpg
31 KB, 636x318
I liked Ren's lightsaber and the sound it made in contrast to Luke's. I thought it was a cool little thing.
>>
>>67387478
>Another one for my budding Lukefu folder

Get all the Lukefu webms you want here bro >>>/wsg/991081
>>
>>67384405
Does she have down syndrome?
>>
>>67387547
Agree, it was sweet. The people memeing about it were funny, but I was surprised by how good it was in action. Also, crossguards on lightsabers make a shit ton of sense given that in the prequels people do just slide their lightsabers down to cut someone's hands off. Happens to dooku IIRC, and Grevious.
>>
>>67387334
Why does making a screenshot black and white automatically make it look all artsy and pretentious?
>>
>>67385539
'Tell that to Kanjiklub' is still pretty popular.
>>
>>67384727
very good, put a flashback of evil dudes and reveal them in the 3rd movie classic jew jew bait
>>
>>67384565
She's not even attractive though, and she's a literal slag chav slut
>>
File: the fall.jpg (256 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
the fall.jpg
256 KB, 1920x802
>>67387605
Because
>>
>>67387377
literally one emotion: the actress
>>
>>67387292
To see if she recognizes him because they were friends when she was a little girl.
>>
>>67387547
Yeah but they lost me when it didn't make any noise under the rain in the dream sequence.
>>
>>67384782

Play more video games. The crossbow can be charged up for a more powerful shot
>>
>>67387489
the transformation of carrie fishers face is one of the most tragic things I've ever seen.
>>
File: touch.jpg (156 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
touch.jpg
156 KB, 1920x802
>>67387685
This is art.
>>
>>67387582
And now it's broken, and will be replaced by a standard saber in the sequels.

Hope you had your fill.
>>
>>67387769
Her face was never great to begin with.
>>
>>67387359
>>67387229
The duels in the original trilogy were between an old man, a kid with almost zero training and a cyborg, it makes sense that they'd be relatively slow and crude

The duels in the prequels were between young and highly trained Jedi during the golden age, it makes sense that they'd be fast and elaborate sword ballet

The duel in the new movie were indeed between an angsty emo kid who got shot, just killed his own father and is generally miserable against someone who never held a lightsaber before. It makes sense that they'd be awkward, shitty and kinda desperate
>>
>>67387759
OK, so if that's true, why is everyone stating Kylo's a beast for tanking a quick shot?

Granted, all other people we see hit at the very least fall over, but the main argument for "Kylo's a beast and it's OK he still lost" is "of course he loses to a coward and an amnesiac, he tanked a shot that topples buildings" and that's not what happened. He bled a liiiiittle bit.
>>
File: a41bxxyjo9plknmemejk.jpg (210 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
a41bxxyjo9plknmemejk.jpg
210 KB, 1536x864
>>67387698
What emotion is that?
>>
>>67387419
>Makes it look more like a swordfight rather than a stupid choreographed dance.
I agree. Movie was complete shit but the swordfight for once was actually enjoyable and somewhat realistic. I hated how stupid fights were in prequel trilogy.
>>
>>67387804
>ignoring Rey being GUIDED by the fucking FORCE and still looking like shit
>people defend her victory by claimed she's just skilled at fighting (plus training with staff, and repressed memories) and still looks like shit
>minor wounds (minor blood drips) hold trained First Order Knight back
>ignore proper duel earlier in the movie so he can make point
>going this far to defend mediocrity

have a little respect for yourself
>>
File: lol.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lol.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>67387334
>>67387685
none of these look good lol

I can literally take any scene from the phantom menace and turn it black and white. It fucking destroys your marvel flick.

watch master Lucas at work
>>
File: marey sue.jpg (187 KB, 1000x655) Image search: [Google]
marey sue.jpg
187 KB, 1000x655
>>67384413
>Everyone defends her saying, "YOU ONLY THINK SHE'S A MARY SUE BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL!"
>>
>>67388228
damn thats some pure kino
>>
>>67384413
>neglecting that Luke was an incredibly flawed, unlikable,

I liked Luke from the get go, he was a qt
>>
File: donotwant4.jpg (31 KB, 523x257) Image search: [Google]
donotwant4.jpg
31 KB, 523x257
>>67384466
>What is it about her face i find offputting?

Her smile. She's one of the ugliest women when she smiles.
>>
File: swallowfu.jpg (239 KB, 893x1000) Image search: [Google]
swallowfu.jpg
239 KB, 893x1000
>>67384538
>>
File: cinema.png (987 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
cinema.png
987 KB, 1920x802
>>67388228
Nah, Abrams did it better
>>
File: pussichlorians.jpg (174 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
pussichlorians.jpg
174 KB, 960x926
>>67384582

B-but, anon. She's a girl and girls can do everything they want.
>>
>>67388228
>All those soldiers with guns didn't just simultaneously all fire at once so they couldn't be blocked

wew
>>
>>67388329
Natalie Portman, obviously.
>>
>>67388377
so uncivilized, they need to have a mediocre sword fight and cut each other's limbs off
>>
>>67388329
I'll take pic related, there's a depressing lack of rule 34 of her in this outfit
>>
>>67384413
My biggest annoyance is and always will be how she became incredibly good at the force with literally no training. Son of Darth Vadar has to train like ducking crazy and this chick does mind tricks and force pulls because "She believes!"

She is literal Mary Sue
>>
>>67388432
>You will never sit down on your couch with natalie portman and watch the professional, then get to fuck natalie when hot little her comes on the screen
>>
>>67388460
A E S T H E T I C
>>
File: reyfu.jpg (42 KB, 578x528) Image search: [Google]
reyfu.jpg
42 KB, 578x528
>>67388329
Only Rey
>>
>>67384245
>Grew up on that Planet and found a way to live
>At somepoint learned a few languages to make it easier
>I can't explain that one it was pretty stupid
>He probably wasn't using his full strength and at the same time it unlocked her hidden force user abilitys
>not that amazing just a few tricks
>She fixed a few things
>the force you retard
>He was shot be Chey you retard
>not Kylo or the portion master or Tito
>Or because Leia can sense the force you retard

Fuk off to reddit with you
>>
>>67388544
Still doesn't change the fact that she was better with a light saber than a man trained to fight his entire life. The force used to take discipline, practice, dedication to perform.

Instead she just believes and fucking had power. Should have know this would happen with all the millennials the movie was written for.
>>
>>67388464
Luke managed to blow up the death star using the force despite having almost zero training at that point, he didn't even train with Yoda for that long either, Anakin also presumably used the force with zero training while pod racing and during the space battle at the end of episode 1, I'm not saying that Rey isn't a Mary Sue but the idea that someone with a very high midichlorian count could use the force quite effectively without training is plausible
>>
>>67388329
fuck, marry, kill
>>
>>67388544
>>At somepoint learned a few languages to make it easier
Ah, so in between surviving on scraps and scavenging everything you need to get by, she just took up the two most difficult languages in the universe. Gotcha.
>>He probably wasn't using his full strength and at the same time it unlocked her hidden force user abilitys
"oh he was holding back for once" and "her abilities she had when she was left behind at 5 years old"
>>not that amazing just a few tricks
fuck you if you really think that
>>She fixed a few things
fuck you if you think that's all she did, and that alone was what she knew
>>the force you retard
fuck you if the force makes you a sniper with pistols
>>He was shot be Chey you retard
He was just dripping blood for all we saw, he is still a force user, he is still trained, and she still hasn't ever used a similar weapon and JUST came out of torture and escaping.
>>not Kylo or the portion master or Tito
"Not the villains who hate everyone" aight
>>Or because Leia can sense the force you retard
That's not an explanation. At the very least send people with her, or something, even if you fully trust her.

Go wank over this movie on reddit, fag.
>>
>>67388085
Obi-Wan was on the floor and couldn't do nothing after two minor wounds from Dooku.

Kylo Ren has been hit 5 fucking times by plasma weapon:
-In the guts by Chewie
-On the right shoulder by Finn
-On the left thigh, left shoulder and across the face by Rey.
>>
>>67388681
Luke "using the force" was getting a lucky shot.

Rey did mind tricks

Rey beat someone in a light saber duel

Rey to force pulls

That's way more specific and diifuclt than getting a fucking lucky shot
>>
>>67388744
>Obi-Wan was on the floor and couldn't do nothing after two minor wounds from Dooku.
"the prequels did it too!" is a fucking stupid defense, anon.

>Kylo Ren has been hit 5 fucking times by plasma weapon
Once before the fight, actually, and it just led to a slowly bleeding wound. Even his clothes were intact.

>On the right shoulder by Finn
In a bad swordfight, which was the point.

>On the left thigh, left shoulder and across the face by Rey
After another bad swordfight, which was the point.

Nothing you said makes the fights better or more plausible.
>>
>>67388736
Did anyone else think it looked retarded when Kyli was just hitting his side? Bad acting
>>
>>67388599
A man already injured, who just killed his dad, and didn't want to kill her.

The Force need focus and faith. When Yoda asked Luke to just lift his spaceship, it was because Luke could do it if he wanted to. Luke failed because he didn't believe he could do it.
>>
>>67388681
>Luke did one thing right after some training
>The prequels did it too
>any defense for Rey pulling force tricks/powers out of her ass with massive succes constantly
>>
>>67388825
Self doubt hinders your use in the force, but just because you believe in your self doesn't mean you are a jedi
>>
>>67388810
He was hitting it so weakly, as well.
He didn't even react to it.

Whatever purpose it was supposed to serve, all it did was make his wound look more minor and him look more silly.
>>
File: 1418228156215_zpsz4opt0wk.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215_zpsz4opt0wk.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
This debate of whether Rey is a Mary Sue or not is never going to go away.
>>
>>67388744
Kylo whooped both of them until Rey went Super Force Saiyan
>>
>>67388881
Because someone people are morons. I'm fine with a likeable character but she meets all of the requirements for the classification
>>
>>67384290
they look used and abused
>>
>>67388881
she is, and there is nothing wrong with that.
bitches just can't stop complaining.
>>
>>67388924
>nothing wrong with using Mary Sues in your shitting writing

Fuck you
>>
>>67388948
yes, becouse it's star wars. I won't become you classy cult becouse it was designed to be a fairy tale.
>>
>>67388924
>she is, and there is nothing wrong with that

Why are you on /tv/ if you hate movies?
>>
>>67388913
>>67388924
I agree that she is too but it's been months already and people are just recycling the same arguments. I have a feeling this will go on until ep 8 is out.
>>
>shift + ~
>helpusobi 1
>setforceall 4
>>
>>67389028
best experience than any of the 7 flicks
>>
>>67388899
>Kylo whooped both of them until Rey went Super Force Saiyan
You mean whe she use a cosmic Force energy created by life that binds the universe togeteher and can enhance your reflexes, agility, stregth and stamina?
When he himself was already wounded and failed to use that same Force to lift a lightsaber a few minutes before?

How incredible.
>>
>>67389083
He could've won if he hadn't reminded her about the force.
>>
File: Affleckbar.jpg (57 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
Affleckbar.jpg
57 KB, 531x471
>>67384413
>unlikable

Luke was a bro from the start.
>>
>>67384245
i totally agree
she seems like a ok person and super commited to the role but is a extremely average actress who barely passes the muster compared to the rest of the cast she was poorly cast and poorly written
>5ft 4 womanlet doesnt get btfo physically by a 6ft tall soldiers or a 'master' of jedi arts yet can hold her own easily for no reason
>always knows where to go and what to do
shes basically a self insert for every modern feminist sjw tumblr slut and star wars is as blue pilled as you can get.

Still it was a decent movie the rest of the cast was great even didnu finn, poe and the rest, had pacing issues and felt too fast 7/10
>>
>>67384245
>>somehow knows how to speak with droids
>>somehow knows how to speak to Chewbaca
>>somehow knows how to use the force
>>somehow knows how to be an amazing pilot despite never flying before
>>somehow knows how to be a fucking sniper with a pistol despite never firing a gun

All of these things are literally documented effects of being force sensitive. They're non-issues unless you think 100% of the exiled EU is really going to go in the trash. Everything else is pretty damming though.
>>
>>67389142
Exactly, he screwed up (like a lot of times in the movie) and she took advantage of it.
>>
>>67389191
She knows the Falcon better than Han because it's her own boss who made the modifications Han is unaware of and she was there when he made them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.