[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Punisher 2004 >I enjoyed it Thoughts and discussion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 345x146) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 345x146
The Punisher 2004
>I enjoyed it
Thoughts and discussion?
>>
Sure it's not crazy violent with brutal torture and it's not the most accurate telling of Frank but I still really enjoyed it
>>
loved it and I don't understand the hate, I really like how frank manipulated the crime boss and that it was influenced by welcome back frank was the cherry on top
>>
>>67383039
>>67383297
Seconded, Bumpo was ridiculous but also in the comics. Harry Heck was alright.
>>
>>67383297
>>67383465
I'd read the "Welcome Back Frank" comic long before, and that whole bit of the movie seemed stupid and lazy as a result. It's like, the writers read the comic and then every change they made was a dumb, stupid change for no reason.

The movie would be serious drama one second and a comedy the next. It had the highest budget of all the Punish movies, but I still like War Zone better.
>>
Good point, it wasn't great.
Just worth a watch for a comic film.
WZ was just as good
>>
It's just a lame revenge movie. It does have its moments though.
>>
>>67382926
Generic revenge action movie, they just had the rights for the Punisher so they strapped a skull on main character's t-shirt to make some more money.

Stevenson is the GOAT film Punisher and War Zone is a better Punisher movie than this.
>>
>>67383798
>Generic revenge action movie
Can someone describe the revenge action story the the comic book uses to avenge franks's family?

They did good things with the revenge
>made you kill your best friend, made you kill your wife
>>
>>67383980
It's not from the comic book but he gets revenge, that's what frank did after his family's death
>>
>>67383980
I wanted to watch a punisher film not the count of monte cristo.
>>
>>67382926
>not Jon Bernthal
ONE BATCH
>>
>>67384047
TWO BATCH
>>
>>67384047
meh.

Ray Stevenson > Dolph Lundgren > Bernthal > Tom Jane

The movies rate different but in terms of Franks, these are facts.
>>
>>67384083
SING A SONG OF SIX PENCE
>>
>>67382926
Travolta made this movie unwatchable. Poor casting choice.
>>
>>67384090
Are you shitting me?
Lundgren as an American character?
Also ONE BATCH
>>
>>67384255
Good point
>>
>>67382926
Still deserves a legit movie/series continuation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc
>>
>>67384426

It was lundgren as a remorseless killing machine, not wasting time building a stupid car that gets wrecked in the next scene.

Also Stevenson is fucking irish/british whatever
>>
>>67384092
THE CAVALRYS NOT COMING
>>
>>67382926
Stop misusing meme arrows you fucking autist.
>>
>>67384574
BUT SIR
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.