[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>le ridiculous amount of long, drawn out non-dialogue scenes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9
File: unnamed-1200x675.jpg (180 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-1200x675.jpg
180 KB, 1200x675
>le ridiculous amount of long, drawn out non-dialogue scenes and lazily bringing back characters from BB for no reason prequel cash-in meme TV show
>>
Tbqh I only zombie watch it for Mike's scenes.

All the lawyer shit is the worst thing on television since Touched by an Angel.
>>
>>67360300
I like it.
>>
I used to watch it intently dying to find out what happens next...then nothing really did. Now I watch it while soing dishes n shit in the other room. Something Sandpiper something Hamlin something...
>>
Yeah that's pretty much what we wanted and what they delivered.
>>
>>67362667
This. Season 1 felt like big things were going to happen and like everything mattered. Now it seems like nothing really does.
>>
>>67361425
Same, Mike a best.
>>
>le board of infants criticizing shows for not being made for infants
>>
>>67362925

>drawn out + stylistically empty equals MATURE SHOW FOR MATURE AUDIENCES
>>
oh it's this thread again
>>
>>67363018
I know right? It's almost like people that hate BCS are trying too hard or are quite dumb to search in the catalog for a thread.
>>
>>67360300
Why do good doubles go to bad people?
>>
>>67362959

Because that's obviously wrong. The show is extreme critical acclaim and I'm extremely engaged in every single episode. You're literally just too stupid/young to find entertainment in the nuances of human communication. Which is fine, everyone was 12 once, by why are you watching it?
>>
>>67360300
I enjoyed the first season but this season really does feel like it's running out of ideas.

Didn't see Monday's episode yet but last week's was really stale. There were two long drawn out scenes of Kim calling people on her sticky cards and it was clearly done simply to take up time.

Also Mike is irrelevant this season. I'm sure he will get tied back to Saul at some point but his stuff really is there only to keep BrBa fanatics watching the show. And bringing back all these old characters does feel pretty cheap.
>>
>older mike and older saul play younger mike and younger saul

especially for mike it's so fucking ridiculous
>>
>>67363241
Durr, I need Mike Action scenes to jiggle the keys in front of me so the big word talkers don't put me to sleep.
>>
>>67363412
It's not like it's set in the 80's, you autistic cunt.
>>
Is this worth getting into if youve never seen an episode of Breaking Bad?
>>
I don't watch this trash, which Breaking Bad characters have shown up?
>>
Did you guys even watch Breaking Bad? Jesus

I personally love it. The tone and pacing is on point.
>>
I just put it on 5.0x speed every time there's no dialogue. I do it for everything, each episode of this show is about 20 minutes long because of it. The other day I plowed through Steve McQueen's Hunger in about 35 minutes.
>>
Whatever happened to the guy who wanted him to help make his farm an independant nation? Didn't he pay him like $500k up front? Where is that money now?
>>
>>67360300
It's nice if you are a neet who fantasizes about having a productive role in society. It's whitecollarcore.
>>
>>67363684
The guy was going to pay his law fee in a currency of his own independent state so Better Call dropped the case
>>
>>67363684
iirc Jimmy drove off because he knew that case was unwinnable and not worth the damages to his reputation.
>>
>>67363520
It's a good show. But not as good as Breaking Bad so you may as well just go and watch that first.

But you certainly could watch this show without having seen Breaking Bad. You'll miss some references and cameos but that's about it.
>>
>>67360300

I know, pretty great, right?
>>
>>67363565
The mute Cartel twins and Hector, also the undercover cop Walt strangled at the start of season 1
>>
if you actually watch this i hate you

brba was good but this isnt
>>
>>67363959
>The mute Cartel twins and Hector
That's desperate.

>the undercover cop Walt strangled
Don't remember this.
>>
>>67363984
How would you know if you can't watch it?
>>
This season has been boring as fuck
>>
>>67364021
The one Walt ties up in the basement after he knocked him out with the gas in the RV.
>>
>>67364058
Krazy 8? He wasn't a cop.
>>
>>67364070
Informant then, I think. It's been a while
>>
>>67363959
>the undercover cop Walt strangled at the start of season 1

Wait, what? The guy with the bicycle lock around his neck? he was a cop?
>>
>>67364036
i used to watch it until i deemed that it's not worth watching. I even gave it two seasons
>>
>>67364120
>I even gave it two seasons
Are you from the future?
>>
>>67363984
No. This show is pretty fucking shit but Breaking Bad is genuinely among the most capeshit tier shows ever made. The worst thing I ever watched until the end by far. The start was watchable, but by the time you get to the last couple of seasons it's full on cheeto dust hotpocket video game tier. Just a screaming mass of autism throwing catchphrases and meme scenes at you every week while facebook upvotes the entire thing and buys the merchandise.
>>
File: 1365336762493.jpg (16 KB, 199x242) Image search: [Google]
1365336762493.jpg
16 KB, 199x242
>b-but mad men is interesting, chut up!
>>
remember how there wasn't a single dull episode of breaking back with the exception of the fly
>>
>>67364148
>Breaking Bad is genuinely among the most capeshit tier shows ever made

"That's weird. I see this word thrown around quite a lot on this board. I guess it must mean "bad"."
>>
File: 1458687818677.jpg (16 KB, 314x369) Image search: [Google]
1458687818677.jpg
16 KB, 314x369
>>67364165
are you comparing this better caul saull to mad men
>>
>>67364250
>boring meme lawyer
>boring soap opera

woah so different
>>
>>67363959
and tuco
and krayzy8
and the pink piggy mike uses to kill someone in bb
and
>>
File: bcs.png (36 KB, 1260x330) Image search: [Google]
bcs.png
36 KB, 1260x330
how do people land jobs like this with no experience
>>
File: 1451350405647.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1451350405647.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>67363615
>5.0x speed
>>
>>67364356
completely different, you will agree that breaking bad is way better than bcs and even breaking bad had worse writing and character development than mad men.

>>67364448
they know breaking bad fans will watch this, doesn't matter how bad it is. she's probably one of vinces friends or something like that
>>
>>67364448
It's a job where you supervise the writers and take care of the more business end of a script, checking for continuity errors, making sure the scripts can fit in an episode's runtime and stuff like that. Finetuning the work of others really. It's not a job that requires much experience, just requires people management skills and attention to detail
>>
>>67361425
Funny, it's exactly the opposite for me.
>>
>>67364590
>muh fedora big dick don
>just like me!
>>
>>67364724
ok well i guess im talking to a seventh grader. go do your homework
>>
>>67360300
It's a good series, great if you understand the law references. People complain it's not BB enough, then they bring back BB characters and it's a cash-in. The pacing is fine, they have so many stories they could explore and characters to flesh out, but Mike would be dead by then.
>>
>mike story reaching climax
>cut to kim doing paperwork
every time
>>
>>67363615
So fun.
>>
>>67363412
6 years before Breaking Bad
they'd look pretty much the same. And they do a great job making Jimmy look young in flashback scenes
>>
>>67360300
Only good parts are Mike scenes and Gene.
Everything else is boring, drawn out filler like TWD.
>>
>>67363241
Critic agree, you're a faggot.
>>
I'm sure it'll be better on a binge-rewatch.
>>
JUST
>>
I feel that things are just going in circles like every episode with lawyer trouble we've had before.
Mike stuff is the only story that seems to have interesting progression.
>>
Kim's not a good enough actress to have long shots of her doing law work.
>>
>>67366749
>amusement park ride wheeling out all the memeiest fan service cameos
>interesting

No. It's impossible to watch any Mike scene without thinking of the redditors watching it with smiles in their faces. In fact I can't even look at him without seeing the reddit logo. I see that cartoon robot alien thing doing the epin action scenes and it makes me so fucking angry. Saul's plot has been boring as fuck this series but at least it's not overtly "meme" like Mike.
>>
>Prequel
>Don't expand on any of the originals characters tho

Faggot. This show is good, sorry there's not enough explosions for you OP.
>>
vince is too pretentious but i still watch this ish cuz i have nothing else to do.
>>
>>67366892
Life with autism must be really difficult, Anon.
>>
>>67366892
sounds like you're the problem here, spergy
>>
I like it but hector just letting mike get away with 10x the original agreement on top of changing his mind on the spot from deciding to not give him the money entirely just because mike had the balls to threaten him when it was 5 against 1 is bullshit

it's not even a respect thing, hector had the upper ground on mike and mike "disrespected" him by declining his offer twice
>>
>>67366892
you and your aspergers is the problem there
>>
By now he should have transitioned into full Saul and we should be seeing some entertaining lawyer cases. They're just using filler until next season when they'll tease that Jimmy turns into Saul.

Just like at the end of last season. They know what the viewers want to see, similar to the start of season 1 with the lawyer consultations, the kids running in front of the car, billboard thing.

Instead they're shoving bullshit down our throats with Saul playing with balls for 5 minutes or him getting locked in the trash room for 2 hours. Seriously who gives a shit about those scenes and why were they even put there.
>>
>>67363241
I hate when total faggots try to argue that they aren't indeed huge ginormous faggots
>>
>>67360300
What's with the le? Are you a frenchman, Anon?
>>
>>67363565
The Gun dealer. Tuco. 8Ball
>>
>>67363565
Mr Comestein
>>
>>67368048
He should be Saul, but maybe without the name. Hopefully that's what happens the rest of the season, since he had a pimped out suit in the preview for next week, and the final episode he comes up with the name.
>>
>>67367103
The Juárez Cartel is worth hundreds of millions dollars. $50,000 is a drop in the bucket for someone like Hector. He lowballed Mike because he thought Mike could be bullied.

Mike had two of Hector's men dead to rights and showed no fear in the face of death. He knew it was in his best interests to not fuck around and cause more damage.
>>
>>67362756
Last episode he broke his cup holder so his drink would fit
>>
>>67367103
Looks like we have a criminal mastermind here. Better call the Feds
>>
File: confused nigga.jpg (3 KB, 125x106) Image search: [Google]
confused nigga.jpg
3 KB, 125x106
>Good man can only sleep in his old office
What was the meaning of this whole scene?
>>
>>67368380
Its a euphemism for jimmy trying to fit kim in his life when it'll never work out.
>>
>>67368535
Home
>>
>>67368535
He's most comfortable rolling around in the dirt. It's his element.
>>
File: madeline.png (568 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
madeline.png
568 KB, 500x750
>>67361425
I actually really like that aspect of it, but I'm an attorney.

So, maybe that's why. Do most people find that part of the show slow/irritating? I know that its confirmed for a third season already, but I really like the way it's being directed so far.
>>
>>67370393
I enjoy the lawyer bits more than the stuff they have Mike doing. I can't say the same for other law shows where the main character is almost always an overly-charismatic and quick-witted charmer who looks like he should be a Calvin Klein model. The lawyers on BCS seem more believable as human beings.
>>
>>67370588
yeah, they do a really good job. even all of the practice management shit is accurate.
>>
6 episodes in – 60% done – and what has happened so far?

>Jimmy got a new job
>Kim got a new job
>Mike didn't even kill Tuco

This is one episode's worth of material. 2 episodes, to be generous.

How have they stretched it out over half a series?
>>
>>67370668
goddamn cause and effect just mucks up everything, right? I mean fuck, why is the show not over yet, we know that he ends up with his own little shady practice
>>
>>67370393

everybody hates lawyers, you are all scumbags and horrible human beings. i enjoy how the show sometimes portrays this, but thats why almost everybody hates the lawyer shit in the show, because we hate lawyers you of course are a typical narcissist personality disorder lawyer and oblivious to all of the above.
>>
>>67365636

>And they do a great job making Jimmy look young in flashback scenes

they really dont. he looks like he's doing a mr show sketch when they give him the long hair and funky clothes
>>
>>67360300
>le
Why is Reddit's attention span so shit?
>>
>>67370793
ok thanks
>>
>>67371400
>ban evades to write the stupidest crap
>>
>>67371808
>for free
>>
File: 1457384063714.jpg (41 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1457384063714.jpg
41 KB, 500x371
>>67364148
Somehow... I know exactly what you mean. After season three everything was total craziness -- like action movie tier. Especially with Jesse making that crazy meth head house... Wtf was that. And that stupid video game bullshit. It had really topped itself in terms of a "how much crazy action can we pack in here to make the fans think WOW WHAT A SHOW
>>
>>67362756
thats because we all thought it was exposition, now we are 2 seasons in and nothing has happened yet
>>
>>67360300

>le
>le
>le
>le

Holy kek
>>
File: 1458591246300.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1458591246300.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>67360300
So basically you mad?
>>
>>67363404
>There were two long drawn out scenes of Kim calling people on her sticky cards and it was clearly done simply to take up time.

And people unironically defend this show.
>>
>>67363615
this is one of the most autistic things i've read on this board
>>
>>67360300
honestly the shit they do to stretch out these episodes is pretty annoying like Jimmy being unable to sleep at the beginning and Mike cleaning his gun.

No reason for those scenes to even exist.
>>
>>67360300
i enjoy it
>>
>>67363734
What? No this makes me want to keep being a NEET forever. The work environment for both protagonists looks so fucking toxic I'm surprised Kim had any hesitations about quitting her job lest episode. Don't get me wrong I love the show but it's like watching the seven circles of corporate hell unfold before my eyes.
>>
>>67364692

Same here bruh. I wish Mike would fuck off. He basically has no character arc, he's just doing the same shit over and over. There's nothing left to learn about him.
>>
>I wonder if Jimmy is gonna get in trouble for breaking the cup holder next episode.
I'm literally dying of anticipation!
>>
>>67370393
What an attractive woman.
>>
>>67374862
dogs are red flags for girls.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.