[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrong Reasons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Defeat.jpg (153 KB, 588x785) Image search: [Google]
Defeat.jpg
153 KB, 588x785
Are movies being criticized for the wrong reasons?

For example, no one watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for intense action scenes. So saying that movie is bad just because it didn't have action is a nonsense criticism.

People said the Transformers movies were bad. Why? You watch Transformers for robots and action, and you got that. You don't watch Transformers for interesting stories or compelling characters.

Why is Batman vs Superman bad? The only thing that matters in superhero movies like this are the superheroes and the fight scenes. Batman was great, Supes was fine. The action scenes were good, even some of the critics who hate the movie admitted that. Do you seriously expect deep philosophical shit in these movies? How is it bad if it has all the things that really matter?
>>
>>67353475
>You watch Transformers for robots and action, and you got that.

No, we get shitty exposition
>>
>>67353517
Obligatory, but you still got the Transformers and them beating the shit out of each other.
>>
I like X-Men more. They aren't just strong men.
>>
>>67353475
Nobody gives a shit about capeshit trying to be serious. We either want a movie exploring humanity in a thoughtful, personal way; or a movie about a guy in a costume who has to get the thing before the other guy in a costume kills everyone.

Besides, Superman sucks and is only for children or adults with child-like minds and nobody wants to see a new Batman.
>>
I go to transformers movies to see robots and action, yes. But not only is the action poorly done or goes of metal on metal with no real clue on who's who, but before I can see these action scenes I need to sit through insufferable and unlikeable one-dimensional human characters, Michael Bay's "humor ", and a 5 minute scene on why statutory rape is ok.
>>
But you said this movie was deep philosophical shit, Snyder. And your fans and shills said it too.
>>
>>67353475
>You watch Transformers for robots and action, and you got that.
No we don't get that. Bay is a shit action director.
>>
yea, sometimes. always been that way though

if you want a good laugh/trigger go read some amy nicholson reviews
>>
>>67353517
>>67353540
And dog fucking jokes, and statutory rape jokes, and crazy parents jokes, and relationship bullshit, and robot testicles.

There's actually not that much robot fighting going on in the TF movies. It mostly gets hammocked between bullshit that's just there to pad the run time. And what little robot fighting there is ID stretched out with slow motion effects rather than more/better robot fighting.
>>
>>67353650
>>67353607
A lot of people loved the robots and action. Don't tell me the people in the theaters were just "faking" their enjoyment. Believe it or not, it's possible for other humans to like what you don't like. Many people genuinely loved the Transformers movies for what they are, dumb, big, "popcorn flicks".

Transformers movies are not meant to be grand epic philosophical mature shit, it's fucking Transformers. And there were cool robots and action that people loved. Michael Bay is the easiest target but he knows how to entertain people, that's why he makes so much money.
>>
>>67353790
Nobody was expecting grand philosophical epics in Transformers.
>>
>>67353750
Yeah and some people laughed at those jokes. Are they wrong for that? Are they wrong for enjoying something you don't like? Should they apologize for trying to have fun in the movies? Jesus Christ.

It's TRANSFORMERS. It's always been stupid.
>>
>I don't want to eat this turd

>WTF is wrong with you!?! It's still warm! What, do you want a COLD turd!?! Just enjoy your turd, atop trying to want your turd to be something fancy like a steak!

>It doesn't have to be fancy, I just don't want a turd.

>Whatever, fucking snob! You just can't enjoy the simple things like warm turds! That's why you'll never be happy!
>>
>>67353475
The problem is that Snyder capeshit is dumb and juvenile but has delusions of being deep and serious which just makes its problems even worse
>>
>>67353540
>Obligatory
No, it's not. Thw defense for transformers movies being about action and robots is asinine, because most of it ia human relationship drama, shitty jokes(his mom ate weed cookies infused by hollywood weed aka lsd) and not a lot robots fighting, those fights are also terrible for the most part.
>>
>>67353475
Batman doesn't have an action scene until 100 minutes in.
>>
>>67354102
This, Bay openly admits he makes explosion cabaret for teenage boys.

Snyder thinks he's making deep, serious movies so it feels pretentious and dishonest when he can't deliver.
>>
You faggots are desperate to justify it's low rating. You're argument doesn't make sense because literally no one is looking for a deep philosophical movie out of it, they're looking for something that's at least fun and not just boring generic fight scenes that isn't anything new or interesting.
>>
Sorry but you'll need to do more than put hamfisted transparent jesus metaphors in your capeshit flicks to make them philosophical
>>
>>67353790
The hell are you arguing about? As soon as somebody doesn't praise those crappy action scenes that person wanted a serious drama out of a transformers movie, what? What about _better_ action scenes? Less cringy dialogue, less lame human scenes?
>>
Most people didn't go see Transformers for the robot fights. They went out of a sense of morbid curiosity.
>>
>>67353475
Come on Max you didn't even write for this movie
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.