[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaking as someone who just saw the film, I really wanted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Speaking as someone who just saw the film, I really wanted to like his performance but I fucking hated it.
>>
It's really telling that even the absolute true DCucks on /r/DC_Cinematic can't defend him.
>>
Is he on screen a lot?
Does it feel like his motivations make sense, or is it one of those "DUDE HE'S JUST INSANE LIKE THAT LMAO" cases where a normal human wouldn't think like he does?
Same question for Batboy.
>>
>>67352102
Get the fuck out reddit
>>
>>67352102
Remember that scene in Dark Knight wherein Joker walks in and pencil-kills that one guy? Now picture Lex Luthor trying to recreate that scene every 2 fucking minutes. I'm not even joking. I think he has more screentime than both Supe and Bat combined and you can tell they tried to Joker-fy Luthor with the lelwitty one liners and introspective "lel look at me, i'm so crazy but evil" shit.

I heard Adam Driver was considered for Lex Luthor and I kinda wish it had gone to him instead because he would've lent some much needed subtlety to the role.

Because Eisenberg's performance as Luthor is pretty much the equivalent of Kylo Ren throwing a massive tantrum in every scene he's in.
>>
He seemed... bizarre. Weird performance by Eisenberg.
>>
How does he go bald?
>>
expand. i love this actor and was excited to see this kike in a big production. i'm going to watch this shit anyway but tell me what's wrong with his performance
>>
>>67352187
Not a redditor, I went there to find the people actually on suicide watch. /co/ doesnt even come close to the amount of pure terror and anxiety redditors are having over bad reviews.
>>
>>67352446
Up to this point I read 2 /co/ posts with people claiming they were actually considering suicide. If you think Reddit can out-autist that you're wrong.
>>
>>67352049
Who the fuck decided to cast Mark Zuckerberg as Lex Luthor anyway?
>>
>>67352519
I saw those two but I think most suicide posts outside of /r9k/ are just jokes.
>>
>>67352434
I thought he was good as Zuckerberg (and I guess decent in Zombieland) but it was such an obvious miscast here. The entire movie, we're led to believe he is the mastermind behind everything. But the problem is that the movie tries to hype him up TOO much. He's every supervillain rolled into one. He's batshit crazy, yet supposedly suave, yet kind of a loser, yet scary as fuck, the list goes on. The problem is that he fails on all counts, especially at the "batshit crazy" part which is an angle that the movie does not. stop. pushing.

Every scene he gets (which are a lot, mind you) are stuffed with overwrought dialogue attempting to be a new witticism or a memorable ~omgsodeep~ quote. And you know what? Some lines are actually good. The problem is that they never end. And that Eisenberg never takes it down a notch. he's always turned up to 11. He's always doing something quirky, making quirky faces (odd facial tics), saying things in a quirky way, and it just comes across as forced.

Maybe it would've helped that, rather than name him Luthor or Luthor Jr or whatever, they made him a totally new character. Because all I (and everyone else) could think of was that "holy shit this dude is nothing like Luthor what the fuck?" Joker Jr. would've been a more apt name.

I maintain the Kylo Ren comparison because Kylo is supposed to be trying to be Vader but failing, and that is intentional on the part of the script.

Eisenberg is like he's trying to be like Luthor but ending up with a cheap Ledger!Joker impression instead, and unintentionally failing hard.
>>
>I will kill your mother... with a flamethrower.

Can I get a confirmation that this is a real Lex line in the movie?
>>
>>67352374
They shave his head in prison.
>>
Daily reminder that Eisenberg's Lex was fisted by his dad.
>>
>>67352858
ok i see thank u
did is what i expected from the trailer, he was clearly trying to act like joker
>>
>>67353145
Yep. And it didnt end well.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.