[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How great were those fights? No overchoreographed faggotry, no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 11
File: attack the sith.webm (3 MB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
attack the sith.webm
3 MB, 720x302
How great were those fights? No overchoreographed faggotry, no flips and katas. Only pure and kinetic combat.
>>
File: before the force.webm (2 MB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
before the force.webm
2 MB, 720x302
>>
File: oh right I have the force.webm (3 MB, 720x302) Image search: [Google]
oh right I have the force.webm
3 MB, 720x302
>>
Yeah I liked the fight.
Suprised they even included it because ANH didn't have a laser sword fight
>>
I actually did really like the fights in this.

Finn vs. TR-8R was the standout of course
>>
Pretty damn good. An improvement on the slower stuff in the OT but not entirely ridiculous like the PT
>>
A good balance between what was in the OT and the prequels.
>>
I really enjoy Finn vs Kylo
>>
Finn v Kylo is awesome. I hope they find an excuse to give him a saber in the next movie.
>>
>>67351365
Yes it did
>>
>>67351365
Yes it did. Vader and Kenobi fight on the death star.
>>
>>67351230
where can I stream this shit?
torrents are taking forever
>>
>>67351230
If only they had payed more attention on the script
>>
>>67351241
>>67351289
Oh god.
>>
>>67351230
>kylo lands direct hit on Finn, but only after they fight for over a minute when Finn has no experience and still manages to land a hit on Kylo
>those hits did nothing in terms of dismemberment
>>
>people dismissing this film because of rey having the force all of a sudden
> people acting as if the force was ever more complicated than let it flow through you

unless of course you count the prequels haha
>>
>>67351289
he kind let her win, if he really wanted to kill her the hits would be more lethal
>>
File: 1452188967326.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1452188967326.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>67351230
They definitely brought back the feel of the original trilogy. I was pretty impressed. With George "The Hack" Lucas gone and the IP in the hands of people who actually seem to understand why people liked Star Wars, I could actually get excited about this series again.

The fights seemed real and tense. In the prequels everyone was flipping around and attacks had no weight behind them. Blows feel heavy in this one.

And the CGI is nearly invisible which means they're doing it right. They brought back practical effects in a big way. Or at least the appearance of practical effects.

Plus, no boring political bullshit.
>>
File: 1397567105085.jpg (19 KB, 228x312) Image search: [Google]
1397567105085.jpg
19 KB, 228x312
Holy shit I thought people were joking about how autistic and pathetic this board was, but it looks like a large number of you were too sad to leave your basement and see this film in the cinema and instead butthurtly shitposted about it until you could pirate it and watch it on your 24" monitors in your basements

and now you all like it and realise it's a good movie, well let me tell you it was a lot more enjoyable on the big screen on release night

fucking

kek
>>
My favorite meme is that /tv/ don't like the movie
>>
>>67351996
But I saw it four times in theaters
>>
>>67351996

>IMAX
>when those space destroyers cover the whole planet in shade

I was in tears 15s into the movie. It looked like they watched Plinkett reviews beforehand.
>>
>>67351996
If you are talking to me, OP, then I've seen it in the theater.

It's just hard to make webm from the memory.
>>
third best MAYBE second best light saber fight IMO
>>
>>67351996
was pretty comfy on headphones in my room :)
>>
>>67351662
It was not nearly as balanced as your retarded post suggests, and Kylo took the equivalent of a fucking anti-materiel rifle to the side. You're a moron.
>>
File: KfucOsR.png (783 KB, 802x523) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.png
783 KB, 802x523
>>67351230
>obvious villain has powers of the Force
>faces newcommer token black dude
>doesn't use other force powers to absolutely wreck his shit and Mary Sue's shit
>>
>>67352193

He was toying with him, and he wanted her by his side.
>>
File: pepe4.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
pepe4.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>>67351230
>lightsword has the same weight and air drag as a sword made of metal
>>
>>67352193
BUT THEN MOVIE WOULD END
>>
>>67351230
how the fuck was Kylo able to survive a bowcaster shot? His kidneys were hanging out
>>
>>67352193
kylo kicks finns ass though
and he wasn't trying to kill rey
>>
In the Prequel era the Jedi are a galactic order with thousands of years of training, experience and history to learn from. I'm not a swordsmen myself but from watching movies, TV(Game of Thrones) and playing video games there's an "Art" to sword fighting, good "Form" like dancing. Going in swinging with no training or years of practice(Luke) you'll lose real quick and the battle won't look professional, you'll be stumbling over yourself.
In the Prequels we have the EP I fight, EP II fight vs. Dooku, EP III vs. Dooku again, Grievous, Sidious and Anakin vs. Obi Wan. The common argument is "these are way to choreographed and look like shit.
Well, in those times both sides have had so long to train and perform. So looking at it from this point of view makes the "over-choreograph" sense able. These fights have two beings or more who are showing off how good they are with saber wielding, showing off their "form".
Anakin vs. Obi Wan fight in ROTS always gets shit for seeming "video-gamey" and this word again "over-choreographed". Well, remember these are two people who are highly skilled and know how to wield a saber and know proper form. It's like watching two professionals fight rather than one inexperienced and one physically handicapped old man. I used to eat Plinketts POv all up but now, I'm starting to find myself disagreeing with some of his points. Anakin vs. Obi Wan is now one of my favorite duels.
tl;dr Prequels fights are "over-choreographed" because its in a time where Jedi/Sith have been training and performing for thousands of years who have proper "form" and "style". It's not a negative.
>>
>>67352193
He was dicking with Finn and he was trying to sway Rey over to the dark side
>>
"Over-choreographed" is a silly criticism anyway. All movie fights like that have to be scripted and choreographed in detail in order to work. The fights in the prequels were just masterfully choreographed.
>>
>>67351365
>Suprised they even included it because ANH didn't have a laser sword fight
Are you 12?
>>
>>67351230
I didn't love this movie at all, but i appreciated the restraint they showed with the lightsaber duels.
>>
>>67352193
He was injured and probably pretty conflicted after having just killed his father.
>>
>>67352269
>Anakin vs. Obi Wan fight in ROTS always gets shit for seeming "video-gamey" and this word again "over-choreographed".
It gets shit for seeming video-gamey and over-choreographed because about a quarter of the way through the fight it stops being a lightsaber duel and more of a lava pyrotechnic special effect showcase for the rest of the fight

Also, unless you actively are a Star Wars fan and not a regular person who just watches the movies, nobody cares about the "arts" or "forms" of lightsabers
>>
>>67352269
>It's not a negative.
It's a form over substance. It is negative.
>>
>>67352309
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
But can you derive any meaning from the sequence?

Why are these characters fighting? What do they represent? Why does the fight take place in an empty forest?
>>
>>67352309
>masterfully choreographed
jesus christ
>>
File: 1429693771140.jpg (24 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1429693771140.jpg
24 KB, 488x488
>>67351230
Bretty good but I thought the TRAITOR fight fell a bit flat tbqh.

Could have used a few insert shots here and there, and overall it just felt a little off. I can't put my finger on it but I don't like it.

I liked the final fights a lot though between Finn and Kylo and Rey and Kylo. Both of those felt heavy.

That stormtrooper fight though, that was shit.
>>
>>67352237
I can headcanon some bullshit about blocking some of the damage with the force.

Like how Vader blocked blaster shots in Empire. But less effective since he only noticed at the last second.
>>
>>67352324
>and probably pretty conflicted after having just killed his father.
Except the whole point of killing han was to fully give himself to the dark side. He was conflicted BEFORE he killed han.
>>
>>67351230
>Ren knocks Finn down
>Turns his back to him and beats the wound in his side to get even more pumped for round two

I cant believe people hate Ep 7. I love this shit.
>>
>>67352347
watch the movie
>>
The Plinkett reviews seem to be fishing for laughs by making nearly every aspect of the prequels seem poorly done, and people eat that up because it's easy to think they completely sucked, and it's funny to think the movies were complete pieces of shit. Obviously, not everything said in the Plinkett reviews are true criticisms.
>>
>>67352379
so after he killed han he was all good and ready to go?
>>
>>67352269
Yeah this guy gets it.

And don't anyone say bu-but their episode 4 fight.

Obi-Wan was old and was probably rusty from years of hiding.

Darth Vader was obviously not the same and was in a heavy robot suit where he has more limitations.

Notice how episode 6 Luke did a few crazy jedi technics. People seem to ignore that. Luke was learning.
>>
>>67352347

Kylo Ren fights because he feels like the Luke's lightsaber belongs to him and he wants Rey to join him.
Finn recently decided he can't run anymore and wants to be brave when in reality he's over his head. Also Han.
Rey fights Kylo because lightsaber, Han etc.
>>
I loved the prequel fights.
>>
>>67352309
Which is another reason why the prequels fail.
Any character with that much physical discipline to engage in combat at superhuman concentration levels but then constantly whines like a poephol, destroys any form of suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>67352379
Were you even watching the fucking movie? It's made abundantly clear that he realized he fucked up when he killed Han and he's in the middle of a breakdown during the climax
>>
>>67352381

Black people in my theatre were screaming "OH SHIT NIGGA YOU DON'T"
>>
>>67352413
>he's doing an episode 7 review
he could have shit all over the OT and most people would agree with him
>>
>>67352413
could you give some examples?
>>
>>67351230
Why does the bad guy swing the 'light'saber as if it where a heavy metal claymore...............................
>>
>>67351939
this opinion couldn't actually be more reddit
>>
>>67351996
Agree, I saw in cinema and loved the film so much. Went online and saw the usual and expected hate, probably because people wanted to relive the fun of ripping on the prequels and they didn't care how good the new film actually was.
>>
>>67352493

Mike loved the movie and he's going to praise it and laugh at the dumb ideas about prequels like Darth Jar Jar.
Or it's going to be review of fucking Army Dog.
>>
>>67352506
Because that was the idea of lightsabers from the very beginning, retard.
>>
>>67352493
Ah yes, the "prequel hate was started by plinkett" meme

God you people are pathetic
>>
>>67352506

According to lore, the lightsaber generates some kind of electromagnetic field that makes it hard to move it around.
>>
>>67352544
mike sold out HITB a long time ago, he said the same shit about jurassic world and a bunch of other terrible big blockbusters, but if he can rake in another 500k+ views from another plinkett review, i'm sure he'll talk shit about anything
>>
>>67352539

So the whole SW7 hate was just a meme?
>>
>>67352635
The real meme is calling everything a meme.
>>
>>67352635
if you're a retarded memester, yes. if you care, then you're still retarded
>>
>>67352388
I ask because I honestly don't know how Rey relates to the central conflict of the film, which is the war between the Order and the Resistance. She has nothing to do with either side, and she doesn't care about either of them. She wanted to go back to Jakku and the only reason she's present on the not-deathstar is because Kylo Ren captured her (I genuinely forgot why he did, though). As far as I can tell, the only reason Rey has to fight Kylo Ren is because she doesn't like him and he was about to kill Finn, as well as possibly being upset about Han's death but why is Han important to her at all? Nothing suggests that he is, other than being a 'celebrity'. It seems like a dumb, pointless fight to me.
>>
>>67352631

He was called on his bullshit with Jurrasic World by Jay though.
>>
>>67352668

So... Just like Luke?
>>
>>67352590
You mess with the colo you get the claw.
>>
>>67352506
Making the weapon have a sense of weight is visually imposing and conveys to the audience how deadly lightsabers are.
>>
File: happy sheev.gif (466 KB, 400x168) Image search: [Google]
happy sheev.gif
466 KB, 400x168
Waiting for Plinkett review shitting on the film and then suddenly everyone who loved it suddenly shits all over it in nitpicking fashion
>>
>>67352668
>Nothing suggests that he is
it's pretty heavily implied that he's a father figure to her, however briefly
he trusts her and cares for her safety
>>
>>67352688
yeah but that's the only example i could pull out of my ass right now. i have yet to catch up on a lot of the more recent episodes because they've significantly degraded in quality, to the point where i have to start questioning their motives and everything they say. the only conclusion i've come up with is that something is wrong and mike may or may not have sold the fuck out in 2014 to big ass companies
>>
>>67352735

Are you serious, Mike loved the movie.
>>
>>67352544
He has no choice but to "love" TFA after all the crap he talked about the prequels. After all this boring shit was exactly the movie he said he wanted...
>>
>>67352668
>I genuinely forgot why he did, though
I think just because she was force sensitive and had the map or knew where it was.
>>
>>67352735
Why would plinkett shit on it when Mike said, verbatim, "I loved it and it was everything I hoped it would be" and then had a big dopey smile on his face like he was a kid again

Yes, Plinkett is a character, but it's to give more humor and charisma to Mikes opinions. You really think he was just having a giggle when he was bashing the Berman trek films and the prequels?
>>
>>67352769
Sure but is that going to make him as much money as another classic Plinkett nitpick review, just like the prequel reviews?
>>
>>67352735

You must be really naive to think he will shit on this movie. He has no choice but to like this movie .
>>
>>67352756

I think you're wrong and the only thing that change is that they got softer because of all the shit they've watched on BotW.
If you've seen R.O.T.O.R. Jurrasic Park doesn't seem that bad.
>>
>>67352769
he sold out to disney on HITB. he's making a review saying his true feelings because plinkett reviews bring in the most revenue. you expect mike to do a 42 minute discussion and not say anything negative and just go along with it like it's fine? idiot.
>>
File: 1440828062260.jpg (7 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1440828062260.jpg
7 KB, 249x249
>>67351289
>getting overpowered by a 50 kilo woman
>>
>>67352773

>boring shit
The movie was all but boring
>>
>>67351662
>no experience
Tr8r clearly shows that stormtroopers have melee training
>>
>>67352815
How delusional do you have to be to think that everyone who disagrees with you must be paid off
>>
>>67352791
because he's lying you gullible fuck. that smile was fake as fuck, he's in on a joke
>>
>>67352795

Plinkett reviews aren't just nitpicks, he proved he could be a constructive critic with Titanic review and analyzing James Cameron phenomenon.
>>
>>67351241
>just standing there with blades locked
>when you can just kick her off the edge
>>
>>67352735
No Plinkett loved it? Do you ever wonder why /tv/ is the only place on the internet that hates it?

Thats why
>>
>>67352867

They've shot the review right after watching the movie. He wouldn't be smiling if he hated it.
>>
>>67351230
what do blade locks add to a fight other than trailer value? it's some prequel-tier shit
>>
>>67352887
you know that scene has audio right?
like with dialogue?
where he says "I don't want to kill you"?
>>
>>67352887

Maybe because he didn't wanted to kill her?
>>
>>67352892

The movie was massively disappointing not just to /tv/.
>>
Tbh the only thing I found unrealistic about Rey vs Ren is that it seemed like Rey was physically overpowering Ren (rather than just mentally).

Knowing Adam Driver had to pretend to be overpowered by a <100 pound girl is just painful.
>>
>>67352887
>he didn't watch the movie

>>67352867
Yeah he really was joking about loving the movie that he spent the next 45 minutes talking about how great it was, in explicit detail, just to say GOTCHA months later, how fucking cynical and delusional are you that people enjoying things is some kind of trick?
>>
>>67352892
>Do you ever wonder why /tv/ is the only place on the internet that hates it?

There are people who hate everywhere you know? I even know normies who do.
>>
>>67352952
He had been shot in the stomach and slashed on both arms. That he was even standing and could still hold a sword is amazing
>>
>>67352946
>not just to /tv/.
then to who? metacritic has it at an 81 and imdb has it at 8.4
>>
>>67351230
Worst bait and meme ever
This wasn't funny the first hundred times you made this thread.
>>
>>67351939
Found the star wars facebook fan
>>
What makes a fight good is the sense of danger and no melodramatic sword-locking stare contests.

Also, why did they get discount young Alan Rickman to play the edgemaster?
>>
>>67352959

Wait till the review is out and whole /tv/ would be like RLM IS DISNEY JEWS MIKE LIKED TFA WHAT THE FUCK.
I think I'll leave this shitty board on that day and never look back.
>>
>>67352959
https://youtu.be/2HaGe8XcMHA?t=2m23s

since you're so hard for mike liking this movie, here's mike not liking the movie, probably filmed at the same time as the HITB episode
>>
>>67352724
Luke was an active participant. Rey isn't, she was forced into every situation against her will. When she fights Kylo Ren, what does she stand for? Luke stood for the rebels and Obi-Wan. Rey isn't part of the resistance and rejected Maz. Why does it matter whether Rey defeats Kylo? Why was Rey important to Kylo?
>>
>>67352892
>Do you ever wonder why /tv/ is the only place on the internet that hates it?

Do you have proof of this, star wars tourist?
>>
>>67353075

0/10 troll
>>
The flights fucking sucked. Just aimlessly swinging and horrible direction
>>
>>67352946
>The movie was massively disappointing not just to /tv/.
>>67352967
>>67353100

>>67352992
This fampai. I need evidence.
>>
>>67353016
I don't even have a facebook account
>>
>>67353120
mike doesn't give a fuck about your feefee's, he's in it for money. when he acts for redlettermedia, he acts for money. the past two years have been him doing nothing but trying to boost their image so he can get more money. that video proves it, obviously he would have problems with the plotholes, but he's saving that ammo for his plinkett reviews.

i don't even know why i'm trying to explain this to a retard lol
>>
It looked like two retards blindly swinging hoping to hit something.

The anakin/obi-wan fight is still the best in the series with final luke/vader fight as a close second.
>>
>>67353238
>he calls others retards without a hint of irony

>>67353075
>when this video was too complex for him
>>
>>67353100
helloo??
>>
>>67353238

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>67353271
>he greentexts because he can't come up with a point

its a shame they don't have a cure for stupidity
>>
>>67351662
>Ex-soldier has no melee weapon experience in a universe that has lightsabers

Ye alright senpai
>>
>>67353296
hey dude is that your argument? go memorize the plinkett reviews to use against me you tool
>>
>>67352992
Not them but I have a friend that's read 4 of the books (but hasn't played the games since he's newfag trash kek) and he said he hated because "It contradicts the extended canon" or something hilariously vaguely autistic like that. Needless to say I immediately hopped to a different subject before the guy went total retard. Pretty sure he's only read the Bane trilogy and a 4th Old Republic era book... I'm no Star Wars scholar but I'm pretty sure TFA didn't step on its tors at all. Hell, it barely referenced the clone wars and war of the original trilogy.

Tldr autists hate it
>>
>>67353336

The video you linked make fun of clickbait videos on YouTube that were released before TFA premiere, and yes, it was released weeks before RLM crew watched the movie.
>>
>>67353379

>reading SW books
Holy shit I hope you don't do that
>>
>>67353100
Bump again star tourist
>>
>>67353379
>my friend is a retard and therefore indicitive of everyone who didn't like the movie

You're a fucking retard and so is your "friend".
>playing video games
Kill yourself loser.
>>
>>67353427
>Kill yourself loser.
Says the one who wastes his life whining about about a space movie on a Korean fetish film board.
>>
>>67353396
the points they bring up are big problems the movies have in them, the fact that mike or jay never bring this up in the actual review or anything on that subject shows something of reservation. i don't think mike was being sincere as he could have been
>>
>>67353471
I honestly don't give a shit.
I just love shitting on you fucking manchildren who refuse to grow the fuck up and stop treating a cheesy space opera like a fucking religion.
This is what happens when you take the retards out of the church.
Fucking faggot.
>>
>>67353520
oooo he ate the cheese and went full apeshit. how can you get so mad at someone who's not even doing anything?
>>
>>67353414
Listened to a few audio books while on the treadmill, yeah. Wouldn't call myself a fanatic, just a decent pastime.
>>
>>67353471
Says someone who spends all his free time with all those people but still can't fit in
>>
>>67353550
>u-uh baiiiiit

Shut the fuck up homo. You got fucking SERVED.
>>
>>67353379
I wouldn't say it "barely" referenced the original, though.
>>
>>67353575
lol it wasn't me dork. why don't you sit this one out and cool off for a bit?
>>
>>67351939

bait, no other explanation
>>
>>67353611
the dude is using an anime picture, is that not the evidence you need?
>>
>>67353606
>I know! I'll pretend to be someone else
>heh that's what you get for messing with the master kid, the master ruseman
>>
>>67352463

so he can't control how emo he is ? worst bad guy ever
>>
File: thatweirdkidinthebackofclass.png (30 KB, 893x529) Image search: [Google]
thatweirdkidinthebackofclass.png
30 KB, 893x529
>>67353651
good try, but not everyone is as retarded and short tempered as you, my little cretin
>>
>>67352724

Luke wanted to be a pilot/ fight on the war
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.