[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this further destroy the series or rescue it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: aliencovenant-logo2.jpg (25 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
aliencovenant-logo2.jpg
25 KB, 700x460
Will this further destroy the series or rescue it?
>>
>>67349053
destroy cos it ain't staring the female lead of prometheus.
>>
>>67349053
let me guess. it will feature more fanfic-tier writing where they go to the engineer's homeworld and there's aliens and references running around. the same nameless petite female lead will work with other superstar michal fassbender to fill screentime so you think it's worth the $10 ticket
>>
>Senile old Ridley digs the Alien grave a little deeper

Up next: Blade Runner!
>>
File: alien queen.jpg (95 KB, 960x764) Image search: [Google]
alien queen.jpg
95 KB, 960x764
Hopefully it will revive it. I sincerely liked all the Alien movies, except AvP:R and Prometheus. There's still plenty of stuff to explore in the Alien universe, I want to see more of those Weyland-Yutani experiments and hints of cosmic scale terror. The comics have preddy spooky stuff going on in them.

I wish Prometheus was never made, it completely fucked over the mysterious giant space elephant myth. Even the fan art was better than the actual gray baldies we got.
>>
>>67349053
Blomkamp's alien will rescue it
prometheus is just a spin-off, stop counting it
>>
Revive it I hope, there a lot of potential left in the Alien universe and the casting seems intersting, specially Fassbender
>>
>>67349217
Blomkamp's alien movie is in development hell, don't expect to ever see it.
>>
>>67349163
>I wish Prometheus was never made, it completely fucked over the mysterious giant space elephant myth. Even the fan art was better than the actual gray baldies we got.

Amen.
>>
>>67349217
>Blomkamp's alien will rescue it

Blomkamp's Aliens 2 sounded like it was just a fanboys comic book turned into a movie.
>>
>>67349340
ah, the old "finish the story yourself becouse we are too lazy and uncreative to do it"move.
Classic.
>>
File: alien croissant.jpg (641 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alien croissant.jpg
641 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw you will never again experience the breathtaking reveal of the great space croissant for the first time
>>
>>67349340
It's why you should, almost without exception, never explain. The viewer will always be able to let their imagination run more wild than what the explanation turns out to be.

I don't think I can remember any instance of "mystery" in a movie that was later explained and turned out to be better than what people were expecting.
>>
>>67349340
This is a tricky one, because on the one hand Prometheus explained some stuff that didn't need explaining, and on the other hand it opened a whole fucking tin of worms about black goo, and what the fuck the engineers were up to.
>>
>>67349507
that's not how you watch mystery, you don't try to guess, that's building up disappointment. You just sit tight and let it unveil, and THEN you ask yourself "could i have predicted that".
>>
>>67349581
That smells like Lindelof to me.
>>
It's really impossible to say.

Scott is a super capable filmmaker but the guy is old as fuck and so out of touch he just flies by the seat of his pants. He's a great visionary but that doesn't mean the vision is always necessarily a good one. Not having Lindelof involved is a great GREAT start,
>>
>>67349163
>>67349340
it's a spin-off you blind fucks
you are demanding coherence from a spin-off
and before some fag comes up wuth Muh scott said it isn't. Well he doesn't know shit.
>>
>>67349615
The space jockey was never that sort of mystery though. But to most fans, the iconic scene was imprinted and the speculation was going ever since Alien came out what exactly they were.

P put them in the forefront and showed they were just eight foot tall albino humans in a space suit, It destroys the iconography completely.
>>
File: 1336597235373.jpg (100 KB, 640x558) Image search: [Google]
1336597235373.jpg
100 KB, 640x558
>>67349053
he has probably lost his touch, but it's a new alien movie and i'm gonna fucking watch and enjoy it.

i even like some aspects of prometheus.
>>
>>67349742
Alien Covenant will tie in Prometheus with Alien, Ellen Ripley will somehow be involved and other stuff from the movie as well. It is no longer a spin-off.
>>
File: 58560684.jpg (509 KB, 900x1080) Image search: [Google]
58560684.jpg
509 KB, 900x1080
>>67349121
>5' 11½"
>petite
>>
>>67349053
You literally believe memes. How does it feel?
>>
>>67349790
>Ellen Ripley will somehow be involved

This is what worries me. There is absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever to involve Ripley but they have this obsession with tying in the past with the new.

It's like the alleged talks with Arnie to be in the new Predator.
>>
Why did he drop Rapace? She was - together with Fassbender - the most likeable from Prometheus.
>>
>>67349163
Fuck man that shot is terrifying in black and white.
>>
File: Alien-xenomorph.jpg (183 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
Alien-xenomorph.jpg
183 KB, 1200x803
>>67350094

>mfw there will never be the amount of effort and attention to detail that was put in Alien, Aliens and even Alien 3 in another film in the series ever again
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.