[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Style over Substance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: enterthevoid.jpg (441 KB, 1052x1500) Image search: [Google]
enterthevoid.jpg
441 KB, 1052x1500
>>
Domino was like that. I had to turn it off it got so annoying.
>>
File: meetdevil.jpg (216 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
meetdevil.jpg
216 KB, 1600x900
>>67345107
If that`s style over substance I can only imagine what pic related is.
>>
>>67345249
That movie has a lot more going for it than Enter the Void.
>>
Banraku
>>
>>67345107
That's a dumb argument for something like this. It's a visual movie, it's not trying to have some great story.
>>
>>67345107
The dialogue and acting in that movie are The Room-tier at some points
>>
>>67345336
Can`t say i agree
>>
File: dogshit.jpg (359 KB, 2000x1330) Image search: [Google]
dogshit.jpg
359 KB, 2000x1330
>>67345107
>>
The presentation is the story, the style is the substance. Why do you watch movies?
>>
>>67345797
this
>>
Days of heaven
>>
>>67345797
Because he probably an autist who thinks every film should abide by his review checklist of "plot, visuals, characterisation, pace" etc.

The idea that if a film isn't making a statement, it's worthless is very troubling
>>
File: film-obsession.jpg (136 KB, 327x450) Image search: [Google]
film-obsession.jpg
136 KB, 327x450
>>
ITT: All movies should primarily be about a clearly defined story, otherwise I can't enjoy them.
>>
>>67345842
Actually, I would suggest that Enter the Void is in fact communicating something but it's simply doing it visually rather than through plot events or character dialogue. Whether it's a statement or just commentary is up to the viewer, of course.
>>
>>67346035
Enter the Void is communicating feelings rather than ideas. And that's great, and should be embraced.

Why don't people ever make "substance over style" threads? Think of all the dry horeshit dramas out there that strangle themselves of any joy or life because they're too focused on "saying something". That's not my cinema.
>>
File: 4L_4QRxWBk3.jpg (75 KB, 970x726) Image search: [Google]
4L_4QRxWBk3.jpg
75 KB, 970x726
>>67345107
The intro to this had me hooked. It was so awesome but the movie went on and on and on and got extremely boring. The sister was qt af and gave me a couple of boners at the start of the film before it got boring and repetitive. What happened to her? Mexican genes I guess. Also lol @ the budget and grossing. Huge flop and something I assume most people would never feel the need to watch more than once or even half of once
>>
>>67346271
>giving a shit about budget and gross
gross desu
>>
>>67345797
>>67345955

Not a lot you can do about that when the kids on this board get their education from RLM, who basically just judge the story of films in their reviews of films.
>>
>>67347135
RLM is so desperately sad to me.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.