[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I finally started reading the BvS reviews and it's mostly;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 28
So I finally started reading the BvS reviews and it's mostly;

>Why isn't it like GotG and Memepool?
>Not feminist enough!
>Too serious!
>Too much Testosterone
>Where are all the _______?

Is BvS actually Kino in disguise but cucks don't want anything manly to be shown in theatres?
>>
Kill yourself my man
>>
yea, that's kinda the vibe i'm getting from these reviews.

why are they so offended/threatened by traditional masculinity?
>>
OP in crabby baby mode
>>
>>67343186
yeah mate it's literally 2deep for these plebs. Only shit movies are well liked!
>>
>I read the parts of reviews that fit my shilling and ignored the rest
>>
>>67343186

Literally all reviews are just "Me like Marvel. This not Marvel. This not Marvel at all. Baby mad."
>>
>>67343214
OP said "mostly" not all of them
>>
Look, I have no doubt that this movie sucks, but the critics are whining about it for all the wrong reasons.

The fact that it's serious is a good thing. The fact that's directed by Hack Snyder is the real problem here.
>>
>>67343235
>Baby mad

Says the DC fan who needs to keep posting about this.
>>
My man, if you're really putting any stock in what these """"critics"""" have to say about anything, you're fucking retarded. Just sit back and enjoy the keks then go see the movie and decide for yourself whether you like it or not.
>>
>>67343186

they should re-release GotG and Memepool with all the jokes taken out, seriousness is what makes a movie good, right?
>>
>>67343289
id rather have frank miller direct famalam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGaNYTN2hvQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: batmanvssupermanreview.png (51 KB, 480x416) Image search: [Google]
batmanvssupermanreview.png
51 KB, 480x416
First step is denial
>>
>>67343289
>Look, I have no doubt that this movie sucks, but the critics are whining about it for all the wrong reasons.

YOU HAVNT EVEN SEEN THE MOVIE

HOW THE FUCK CAN A PERSON WHO HA NOT SEEN THE MOVIE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CRITICISMS OF A PERSON WHO HAS SEEN THE MOVIE?

You DC people go full retard when you get BTFO
>>
>>67343300
>then go see the movie

LOL!!!!!
>>
>>67343322
wow he should write some memes for us he's pretty dank
>>
>>67343186

>STILL taking reviews seriously

If you study any film that got poor reviews but isn't a flat out terrible film, you will notice most reviews are negative because of reasons like "its not what I expected it to be", "main character is not likeable", "it didn't interest me". These are not valid criticisms of film, it's just the "reviewer" going in with a pre-determined idea or bias and then being disappointed when the film isn't what they thought it would be.

disclaimer I am not a capeshit fan and haven't seen a capeshit since Avengers 1 which was horse shit enough for me to not want to watch any more capeshit again

I won't even get into the shitfest of a system that is RT's ratings system.

Do yourself a favor and stop reading reviews altogether. Maybe find one or two good reviewers who actually put thought into the drivel they write and follow them, rather than trying to find some general consensus on what's good and what isn't based on some review aggregate website featuring reviews from literal nobodies
>>
>>67343186

yeah even a retard can tell that the negative reviews are marvel shills

''no jokes! it lacks the marvel formula! it could use more comedic moments! the bad guys are too dark '' for real...
>>
File: DCucks btfo.png (269 KB, 1494x358) Image search: [Google]
DCucks btfo.png
269 KB, 1494x358
>>
>>67343209
how many have you actually read? the main criticism I've seen is that it's humorless (a movie can be smart or humorless, not neither) and has too much boring action.
>>
Is this damage control shitposting barrage being organized somewhere? An IRC channel perhaps?
I would like to take part in this endeavor.
>>
File: DC CUCK PRAYER CIRCLE.png (27 KB, 896x369) Image search: [Google]
DC CUCK PRAYER CIRCLE.png
27 KB, 896x369
>>
>>67343289
It looks like autists are taking "takes itself too seriously" literally. The expression doesn't mean serious therefor bad, just that the silliness/stupidity of the content doesn't justify it. Watchman wasn't taking itself too seriously because it was actually an intelligent story, but the ham-fisted religious symbolism in Man of Steel definitely was
>>
>>67343557
>Watchman wasn't taking itself too seriously
Oh it totally fucking was, that piece of shit was so far up it's own ass it was miserable. And then the kung foo happened.
>>
They're not saying the movie is not funny enough. They are saying the movie is boring, not entertaining. It likes its own farts.
>>
>>67343557
>Watchman wasn't taking itself too seriously
kek
>>
>>67343599

literally all I see is people saying '' it should have more jokes like marvel, more quips and less character development would be nice ''
>>
>>67343660
>it should have more jokes like marvel, more quips and less character development would be nice
Show me atleast one review that says that.
>>
>>67343660
>'a comic book film should be like the comic book it it representing'

No shit.
>>
>>67343586
>>67343646
I was mainly talking about the graphic novel. I barely remember the Snyder movie except that it was mostly just a cliffnotes version until the end.
>>
>>67343186
Watching a review of it right now and absolutely none of those points have been brought up.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-spoiler-free-review-fandemonium

Guy is saying the thing has no story, it basically feels like a big trailer, everything is a cheap setup for other films, the characters suck and have no motivation, and the whole thing is just a let-down.
>>
>>67343703
DC has been able to churn out dark and serious comics before too. Snyder just can't into executing them in a way that entertains.
>>
>>67343327
>nd Memepool?
>>Not feminist enough!
>>Too serious!
>>Too much Testosterone
i have seen the movie. and i dont agree with marvel cucks
>>
>>67343186

"kino", the last resort of a braindead cocksmoker who has nothing intelligent to say.
>>
>>67343703

since fucking when Batmna is all about jokes and quips?

they were bitching about having a dark batman
>>
>>67343792
>since fucking when Batmna is all about jokes and quips?

Are you an idiot? Where does he say that in his post?
>>
>>67343186
No, critics are saying it's literally a movie for passive cucks

>Not only does the storytelling feel cluttered—a recurring issue in comic-book sequels—but the premise turns both protagonists into passive victims who only occasionally get to do anything heroic. The rest of their time is spent navel-gazing and whinging to their respective confidantes, Superman to his endlessly patient girlfriend Lois Lane (Amy Adams) and Batman to his "butler" Alfred, here an all-purpose sidekick played by a gaunt, unshaven Jeremy Irons.
>>
>>67343808

he says that idiots critics have a point in wanting characters like the comics, but if they want more humor in BATMAN v Superman that's not asking for the chracter to be like the one in the comics since Batman stoped being comedic decades ago
>>
File: NsaPpdl.jpg (75 KB, 699x873) Image search: [Google]
NsaPpdl.jpg
75 KB, 699x873
>>
The consensus seems to agree it's better than MOS. Considering I enjoyed that movie, I think I'll like this one. Critics can get fucked.
>>
>>67343979
Haha fucking RT
>>
>>67343908
>, but if they want more humor in BATMAN v Superman that's not asking for the chracter to be like the one in the comics since Batman stoped being comedic decades ago

Again, his post doesn't say anything about quips and banter, you're forcing an argument that isn't there.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 802x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 802x437
>>67343327
>>
>>67343979
that's a legitimate question to ask about every movie familia
>>
>>67343979
Yep, every kid in middle school wants a capeshit film that's "deep."
>>
>>67343212
>tfw you are so shitpostingly ironic you get something right on accident
>>
>>67344014

you are a retard if you don't see it
>>
>>67344040
It's clearly a film for edgy manchildren
>>
>>67343422
>humorless
>a valid criticism
>>
>>67344161
Marvel fag saying something for manchildren. kekekek
>>
>>67343486
fucking hell, that's hilarious
>>
BvS looks like a runny turd.
>>
>>67344040
just turn your brain off bro
>>
>>67343186
For those saying not enough humour; were they really after Batman Forever or The Martian humour? Those movies had the worst humour
>>
>>67343979
The movie does not make its point well. It doesn't matter how deep its claiming to be or trying to be when it all it shows is supposed superheroes being violent. It's like people who say that Tarantino films are full of deep messages when all he really wants to do is make ultraviolent schlock that makes references to movies he likes, but even worse because unlike Tarantino, Snyder isn't a competent director.
>>
>>67343979
kek'd

>a philosophical politial drama that etc.
How far up your own ass do you need to be to actually believe this?
>>
File: 136237347.png (98 KB, 804x382) Image search: [Google]
136237347.png
98 KB, 804x382
>>67343186
This guy speaks the truth I think
>>
even the schmoes didn't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXuSZ9YB5UI
>>
>>67344297
i got brain cancer from reading this.
>>
>>67344297
>critics hate Snyder for what ever reason
The reason is that he can't into movies.
>>
Im not surprised that the film funded by Disney competitors is shunned on the website that is owned by a one of the many companies under Disney's wing.

Meanwhile everyone loved Star Wars because 'ITS STAR WARS LOL' but make a Batman v Superman film and people become critical of how it is as a film. Quite funny really.
>>
>>67343199
shut up Juan Ofhew
>>
>>67344369
isn't Rotten Tomatoes owned by WB?
>>
>>67344297
Isnt RLM going to review SW7? If RLM was bought out then plinkett wouldnt trash SW7
>>
>>67344401
nope. Google lies as usual.
>>
>>67343792
I'm guessing you've never seen campy 60s batman?
>>
>>67344264
No thanks, I want to be questioned intellectually by comic book movies for babies.

Truly, the best way to tackle the philosophical debates of our times is watch DC make their Batman doll punch their Superman doll. Oops, sorry, "action figure."
>>
>>67344415
RLM already reviewed TFA when it came out.

They're planning on doing a Plinkett review of it. They've done Plinkett reviews where he didn't just trash the movie and actually liked it (like that first new Star Trek, or Titanic).
>>
>>67344369
I hate Disney and am indifferent to Warner.
Please don't take your wife's son to BvS.
>>
When will DC fanboys realise it's not about how dark it is, or how serious, but rather the way it's executed. It just seems like the script, the CGI, the flow, is simply not up to par. That's it. And that shouldn't surprise, given the criticisms of previous Snyder films.
>>
File: 1451790749576.png (856 KB, 1366x524) Image search: [Google]
1451790749576.png
856 KB, 1366x524
>>67344369

>Meanwhile everyone loved Star Wars because 'ITS STAR WARS LOL' but make a Batman v Superman film and people become critical of how it is as a film. Quite funny really.

/tv/ has been defecating over TFA and JJ fairly loudly in case you didn't notice my dear newfag
>>
>>67344580
I hide star wars threads and Im clearly talking about the reviews for the film you twonk.
>>
>>67344040
it's a movie for men
>>
Buncha limpdick nerds out of touch with reality can't see the visceral awesomeness of this movie.

This movie is the Freddy got fingered of our generation
>>
>>67343979
>trying to ask deep philosophical questions
>using capeshit as your medium to do that
jesus christ
>>
>>67343486
Good god I thought this was just a meme. Capeshitfags really are this bad.
>>
>TFA gets high reviews
>its just trash
>BvS gets shit reviews
>its a-actually hidden kino guys
you people are retarded
>>
>>67343979
The people whoi actually believe this are the kind of people who probably call any actual intelligent film "pretentious".
>>
>>67344878
nobody thinks it's kino mate. Don't buy into the memes
>>
>>67343979
but critics loved the Nolan films, clearly critics hate it because Snyder lacks the skill to tell a coherently.
>>
>>67344520
>Titanic

They trashed the hell out the characters and story in Titanic. Only thing they praised was the visuals and use of well done practical effects.
>>
>>67344878

>TFA gets high reviews
>its just trash

100% right

>BvS gets shit reviews
>its a-actually hidden kino guys

actually, I'm willing to believe this since I liked MoS but that many negative reviews make me think that there is SOME truth to it. I don't trust reviewers but something seems off. I just hope the story is alright since I trust in the cinematographical aspects of snyder's filmmaking

>why is it not funny like marvel?

retards using this excuse shouldn't even be allowed to write a review
>>
>>67344955
John Campea liked it, the consensus from all of them is that Snyder is shit at storytelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olwUct0o8mY
>>
>>67344987

but isn't the script from this terrio guy or something?

I really hope that I can enjoy this if I liked MoS. I'm just afraid it's too much shitty CGI

it's not easy for me to admit but I feel like WB should get rid of snyder due to the negative backlash everytime he makes a movie. it's just really bad PR if everybody can't stand a director
>>
>>67344955
>retards using this excuse shouldn't even be allowed to write a review
this. It's shit on it's own merit not because it's not like something else. Fucking retarded "critics"
>>
>>67345030
doesn't matter who writes it, Zack Snyder sucks as a storyteller.

>It is, in fact, the film that finally drives home to me the reality that Zack Snyder is not particularly great at storytelling. I have spent many years defending Snyder, who I think is a first rate visual stylist (and who conjures up some excellent images in this film), but even I have to put down my sword. Zack Snyder, left to his own devices, cannot tell a story.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/03/22/batman-v-superman-review-zack-snyders-doomsday
>>
>>67345032

it's funny how modern "reviewers" are used to using benchmarking in order to facilitate their opinions.

>comparing is treated the same as giving an objective opinion
>if comparison is off = IT'S SHIT
>if comparison is there = LOOOOOL, BEST THING EVER

no matter how much you hate disney and marvel, they're fucking A about how they do their marketing. almost flawlessly appealing to the masses in a way that's pretty much crazy..... WB/DC should really start doing that

I'll still be satisfied as long as BvS turns out to be halfway decent and the other DCCU movies are great
>>
>>67345083

I'd like to know what exactly this "cannot tell a story" means. I thought MoS was, except for a few exceptions like lois being fuckall over the place, pretty normal when it came to storytelling. many people shat on supes killing zod and metropolis getting destroyed when I actually liked those parts

going to see the movie in a few hours and I'm really looking forward because I'd love for haters to be in the wrong
>>
>>67345165
shitty editing, and lackof solid characterization probably are what critics mean when they say Snyder lacks storytelling skills.
>>
File: .laugh flow.png (115 KB, 500x214) Image search: [Google]
.laugh flow.png
115 KB, 500x214
>>67344297

>you will never be this mad
>>
>>67345200

>lackof solid characterization

to be fair, every other capeshit movie except for watchmen doesn't give a SHIT about characterisation. they're all basically action or comedy movies at this point.

>shitty editing

what bothers me the most (IF it is the case with this movie) is that they put so much money and so much time into this movie but didn't manage to make it well edited
>>
>>67344297
reeks of virginity and Pizza Hut
>>
>>67343186

im pretty sure the movie is garbage and most of the reviews shitting on it are correct but the disneyshill critics are pretty fucking obvious when they say shit like "better wait for the next marvel movie!"
>>
There needs to be an awareness to the fact most movie reviews are now made by neo feminists with an agenda. I truly believe that's steering us in a bad direction. However I also think the movie is probably shit
>>
>>67345281

while I don't think the movie is bad, I really think that either reviewers are flat out payed or just biased due to already liking marvel movies
>>
>>67344822
You can certainly do it, but you shouldn't use Batman and Superman when you decide to do so. Either you use less known characters, like Animal Man, or you make up new ones that may or may not be obvious pastiches of already existing characters.

When people go to a Superman film there's a very specific thing they expect to see, just as there is when they go to see a Batman film. Philosophical questions about the dangers of ultimate power is not one of them. But the thing is, BvS doesn't actually ask those questions. It's a dumb action film that claims to be about superheroes while not letting them act as heroes.
>>
>>67345318
would you say same thing if Suicide Squad gets raved reviews.

truth is Scott Snyder is a shitty director and David Ayer is a competent one.
>>
>>67345116
It's funny how you're trying to simulate a circlejerk by replying to your own posts, fighting that strawman like nobody's business.
>>
>>67345360

I mean, I don't know. first of all, SS isn't the tentpole movie the DCCU is meant to be built upon and many people still don't realise how it fits into the DCCU

I'd still be surprised if SS got positive reviews. with snyder, it's pretty much a "either you love or hate him" situation. I like his work (except for that piece of shit that's called sucker punch) and I hope I will be positively surprised later this day

>>67345428

I'm replying to others like in a proper discussion, you retard. you're probably irritated that I'm not spouting memes and initiating company wars like a good /tv/ fuckboy (you)
>>
>a flick directed by Snyder
>starring Affleck and Henry Cavill
>actually expecting it to be good
>actually being mad that critics are trashing it
How fucking retarded are you? Snyder is a talentless piece of shit, both Affleck and Cavill are terrible actors
>b-but muh marvel why are the critics so unfair it makes me cry pls love this movie or I'll cry some more
>>
>>67344955
>actually, I'm willing to believe this
Then there's no point in talking to you since you're clinically retarded
>something seems off
Because MOS didn't get a lot of praise? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>67343979
Actually it's about a series of misunderstandings that leads into two guys fighting because of them so no
>>
>>67345590

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

not him but typing like this makes you sound like a retard
>>
So it's like Evangelion 3.0?
>>
http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-spoiler-free-review-fandemonium

based drew is one guy I kind of trust.

>as storytelling goes it's deeply, deeply broken. there isn't a story here.
>>
File: 1426343197716.jpg (7 KB, 241x346) Image search: [Google]
1426343197716.jpg
7 KB, 241x346
>>67343979
>philosophical political drama
>>
>>67345642

>/tv/ in a nutshell
>>
>>67344929
Nah, they were pretty nice on Titanic.
>>
>can't decide between BvS and When Marnie Was There for this weekend
>review embargo is lifted

kek, no shekels for you WB
>>
>>
>>67345865
who is this innocent looking creature.
>>
File: MissAlice_bootyhole.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
MissAlice_bootyhole.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>67345890
missalice_94
>>
>>67345904
delete this
>>
>>67344439
>nope. Google lies as usual
>>
>>67345904
A girl without penis is like an actress who refuse nude scenes. I just can't take them seriously
>>
>>67343186
There's no doubt in my mind that the movie is an incoherent shitty mess. But the reasons some of the critics give for not liking it are retarded. Anyone saying a movie is not "fun and quippy enough" should be fucking shot. They would never have said that about Nolan's movies.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>67343979
>Snyder movie
>Philosophical

Oh shit I am being trolled effectively.
>>
>>67346106
Nolan's Batman had humor.
>>
>>67346106
>Anyone saying a movie is not "fun and quippy enough" should be fucking shot.
If it were fun with zingy dialogue it would be SOMETHING.
If it's just another overlong piece of CGI fightan porn with lightweight actors grimacing at each other it's not much at all (aside from a routine Snyder effort).
>>
>>67346126
fuck off marveldrone

ur just 2 dumb for capekino
>>
>>67346155
"ISSH A CARRR" is only unintentionally funny.
There are parts that get chuckles in them but they aren't written to be funny (for you).
>>
>>67343186
>too much testosterone
huh?
>>
>>67343979
Just because Snyder directed it doesn't make it Watchmen
>>
>>67346188
Could make it Sucker Punch tho.
>>
>>67346155

>i'm not wearing hockey pants
>humor

No
>>
>>67346208

oh don't even say that. if you speak of the fucking devil....
>>
>>67346180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfozZTjItQ

this was written to be intentionally funny.
>>
>>67346126
>what is Watchmen
Granted, that's all Alan Moore and the writers who adapted it, not Snyder.
>>
>>67346155
Yeah, but more natural humor. Not quippy "fun" Whedon humor. I'm talking BB and TDK in this case of course. TDKR only had unintentional humor
>>
File: Supergrim.png (338 KB, 612x692) Image search: [Google]
Supergrim.png
338 KB, 612x692
It's troubling that the overwhelming majority of POSITIVE reviews are "OMGZORS IT'S SO LOUD AND SPLOSIONS AND SHIT".

It's kinda shameful for Top Critics to be reviewing a film like a 13 yr old kid.
>>
File: FORTY.jpg (13 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
FORTY.jpg
13 KB, 292x257
>>67343979
you want a better philosophical political drama?
just wait for Civil War then DC cucks
>>
/co/ should have ids for threads like these
>>
File: Watchmen 2.jpg (723 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen 2.jpg
723 KB, 1920x1080
>>67346250
Most of the genuine philosophy was Snydered out of Moore's story about regular people costuming up to work out their shit.

Snyder made it a slick movie about Asshole Justice League wire-fu-ing an obvious bad guy (along with breaking the plot).
>>
>>67346313
Why? It would just cause you to shitpost directly at people instead of discussing the topic.
>>
>>67346250
watchmen is the worst fucking comic book adaptation ever
>>
>>67343486
Fuck reddit. You know some of them are legit praying.
>>
>>67344040
Furether proof that capeshit is for kids and kids only, and marvel shitfests being as succesful as they are says a lot about the average moviegoer's mentality and appreciation.
>>
>>67346351
The Ultimate Cut is the best comic book adaption ever, and the only good thing Snyder has ever made
>>
>>67345904
Danke.
>>
>>67346342
to expose shills

just wait until the movie is out and all hte same thread using the same photos are made

>i was expecting this to be bad, but it was entertaining

amazing spiderman 1 and 2 had the worst shilling and marketing
>>
>>67346406
So yes, basically to shrilly shitpost at everyone who isn't a raging DC fangirl.
>>
File: a big guy.jpg (63 KB, 262x229) Image search: [Google]
a big guy.jpg
63 KB, 262x229
BVS needs a BIG GUY
>>
>>67346426
>kissing an escort
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdUa13gwgQ0
>>
>>67346421
>So yes, basically to shrilly shitpost at everyone who isn't a raging DC fangirl.
what are you talking about, shills are going to be the ones defending this trash film, just like man of steel
>>
>>67346452
i do sometimes before she puts my dick in her mouth
>>
>>67346503
Stop shilling your channel.
>>
>>67346503
those two look like a couple of nu male queers. Im not watching that shit my negro
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olwUct0o8mY
>>
>>67346155

remember this piece of dialogue?

>youre a big guy
>for you

how can marvel compete?
>>
is this the biggest bomb ever?
>>
>>67346641
It probably won't bomb, but it does need to make 800 million according to wikipedia.
>>
>>67346406

>amazing spiderman

disney and wb might be terrible kikes with some shilling here and there but sony is just on a whole another level

just wait a few months and sony interns start shilling the new ghostbusters. it will be hilarious
>>
>>67346662
it'll surpass Man of Steel, but i doubt it'll will make 800 Million.
>>
Most reviewers decided they hated it when Nolan wasn't billed to return. It never stood a chance. It's not a 10/10 by any means, but it's better paced and more philosophically sound than MoS, complete with better story and action scenes.

My only problems with it

>We're treated to yet another Bruce Wayne origin story in screen in an already crowded film
>Lex's motivations just aren't threatening, he's more a cocky madman rather than a calculated villain, you'll see what I mean with how Doomsday comes around
>it for some reason sets up the JL film instead of having that film set itself up, honestly there's 10 minutes of "totally gonna have to deal with an apocalypse guys" that didn't need to be there, it's only relevance to the film at hand is it cements Bruce's motivation to neutralise Superman, although he was already set on that already
>Dialogue can be a little cringy, its more like a collection of cool quotable lines at times rather than proper dialogue, there's one point in the fight with Doomsday where every piece of dialogue could be memes

The things it does stellar though

>best on screen depiction of Batman ever, he's pretty much TDKR Batman at all times
>the choreography is incredible
>the build up to the act 2 battle is incredible, you really get a feeling for Bruce's desperation to win and he does some compromising shit to prepare for the battle, all this while Clark is for the most part business as usual

Honestly it's not "terrible" by any means, it's just not amazing. It tackled all my problems with MoS and improved on the things I liked.
>>
>>67344036
>Tokyo Story isn't fun enough! Where's the quips and gags? 3/10 shit movie
>>
So is it at all obvious in the movie who Jena Malone would have been even though her scenes were cut?

People assumed she'd Babs, etc.
>>
reminder jingle all the way has a 17% on RT
>>
>>67346738
>Honestly it's not "terrible" by any means, it's just not amazing.

The phrasing someone uses when trying to hold on to whatever they can. It's okay anon, just let go. Sink into the abyss.
>>
>>67346782
Elaborate, m8
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>67346745
>a movie needs quips and gags to be fun
>>
>>67346738
not terrible or amazing, there's a word for that, it's called mediocrity.
>>
File: 1455018492664.gif (296 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1455018492664.gif
296 KB, 480x270
>>67343327
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>67346795
Not him, but it sounds like you're bargaining.
>>
>>67346816
Exactly. The reviews don't paint it as mediocre, they paint it as bad.

>>67346834
Not at all, just putting my thoughts down on a discussion board after seeing it this morning
>>
>>67346795
I agree with >>67346782
People often say dumb shit like "No movie is perfect" and "Turn your brain off and enjoy it". Completely pointless arguments.

No movie is perfect? Ok! Every movie is great!
>>
>>67346738
I think I read some review where it said only at the start of the movie does it treat Bruce as a burnout who is basically at the end of the line as Batman, but once he starts obsessing about Superman he's basically peak Batman and cool-guy Bruce Wayne, does that sound right?
>>
>>67346877
Well I didn't say that, but okay.

>>67346887
He's just typical Batman all the way through, and Wayne is more of a dick than I've seen him on screen before. There's 2 skirmishes in the first 40 minutes with Batman, and in the second one he meets Superman, gets told, and then starts his obsession.
>>
Considering the rampant showings of batman returns on tv recently it isnt surprising that the movie serves as only an advertisement for DC movies. DC has yet to find its appeal and resorts to hiding in wait in live action celebrations of its legendary characters. Making a full feature dc movie in cannon is harder than making a marvel movie because marvel doesnt have the emphasis on story and setting that DC does.
>>
>DCfags still pretending like Nolan Batman trilogy isn't the most well reviewed capeshit series by far

kek
>>
>>67343186
no, that is not most all of the reviews. stop lying, you DCucks are pathetic.

also, don't just read the tidbits RT has on its site. read full reviews.
>>
>>67343660
show me one review like that :)
>>
>>67343757
>the thing has no story, it basically feels like a big trailer, everything is a cheap setup for other films, the characters suck and have no motivation
>the characters suck and have no motivation

So...it's like a Christopher Nolan movie?
>>
Collider, Jeremy Jahns, and Stuckmann all feel mixed reviews.

those are people that defended MoS, BvS is finished, dead on arrival.
>>
File: Hans_Zimmer_crop.jpg (325 KB, 535x664) Image search: [Google]
Hans_Zimmer_crop.jpg
325 KB, 535x664
>Zack, do I really have to work with this Crazy XXX or whatever that bum's name is?
>>
File: 1367235320132.jpg (35 KB, 419x604) Image search: [Google]
1367235320132.jpg
35 KB, 419x604
>>67344036
Please, define "fun" before I call you a fucking retard.
>>
>>67343186
>>Why isn't it like GotG and Memepool?
>>Not feminist enough!
>>Too serious!
>>Too much Testosterone
>>Where are all the _______?

Those are the reasons that MCU ruined capeshit. As long as they fullfil the criteria you mentioned the movie is good, otherwise it sucks because it's not 'fun' or takes itself too 'seriously'.
>>
>>67347916
fapping
>>
File: 1436697551688.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
1436697551688.gif
133 KB, 311x366
I don't get it, the best Batman stories are the ones that are serious and more 'mature'. Why does everything have to be fucking GOTG now? That shit does not meld with Batman.
>>
>>67347973
a movie can serious without going parody levels of grimdark.

the first Iron Man is a perfect example of a great balance between seriousness and lighthearted that is missing from DC.
>>
I'm waiting until I see it Saturday. I don't really care what the critics say. I'm willing to bet that it's at least Marvel movie level.
>>
>>67343235
>DC cucks on suicide watch
>>
>>67348068
The people who are shitting all over this are the same ones who act like Iron Man is some sort of amazing cinema. Not that you can't enjoy both, Marvel stuff is just more tame and crowd pleasing in general.
>>
>>67343979
>Two men spend 2 hours bashing each other in one giant unimaginative low quality CGI shitfest

>deep philosophical political drama
>>
>>67348189
I really liked IM1 but 2 and 3 were fucking ass. Hell other than IM1, WS, Ant-Man and GOTG I haven't particularly liked any of the MCU films personally.
>>
File: 1455826052093.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1455826052093.gif
1 MB, 250x198
>>67343186
OP got that DC Denial
>>
>>67344186
Look, I know you're like 18, and think you know what comic books are like. You don't.
Back in the day of my dad and by extension me Superman had a time where he shot rainbows from his hand, his best friend would turn into a mutant every week or two and he dated a mermaid. Batman had a time where he needed to wear a different colored cape and cowl every day of the week or he died, had a giant novelty penny in his Batcave and his arch nemesis wanted to see how many boners he could pull.
Comics aren't supposed to be some deep Oscar bait tripe. They're meant to be silly action movies with people in costumes. Yes there is a point where it goes too far like making Ultron crack one liners and jokes that are flat out shit, see the entirety of Darcy from the Thor movies, but trying to make SUPERMAN, the big blue boy scout whose idea is a good time is sitting outside his fortress of solitude eating a pretzel he got from some vendor in Metropolis into Batman and Batman into even angrier Batman is stupid.
>>
File: Batman of murder.gif (64 KB, 576x265) Image search: [Google]
Batman of murder.gif
64 KB, 576x265
>>67343186
There's also the whole
BATMAN OF MURDER thing
>>
>>67348252
I see it like this.

Marvel is like pizza. Pretty much everyone likes pizza. Even when it's low quality pizza it's still edible. It's pretty much all empty calories though. DC is like, idk, sushi. Some people are going to love it and some people are going to hate it. Even if you like it, sometimes it's going to be bad, but you it's good it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>67348378
sushi is only great if it's prepared right, BvS was not prepared correctly and give you food poisoning.
>>
>>67348466
Just like fugu fish, you mean?
>>
>>67348466
Not only that but they tried to put in as many ingredients as possible thinking it would make it better and ended up making a huge mess
>>
File: maximum kek.gif (2 MB, 205x221) Image search: [Google]
maximum kek.gif
2 MB, 205x221
>>67343486
>>
>>67348641
probably not as dangerous as that.
>>
>>67344447
>campy 60s batman?
>50 years ago
>>
>>67345553
>How fucking retarded are you? Snyder is a talentless piece of shit, both Affleck and Cavill are terrible actors
Here comes reddit with a new /tv/ meme opinion!
>>
>>67343979
>philosophical
>political
>drama
>mankind
>dangers of absolute power

Colony of bats lifts him up etc etc...
>>
>>67348917
Batman: The Brave and the Bold was recent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvoZPTbPekc

It was also one of the best things they did with Batman in recent years.
>>
Snyder is shit and DC's movie universe is fucked.

I bet they're going into desperation mode, and they'll hand Justice League to Nolan.
>>
>>67349036
Thats a dream
>>
>>67343186
Why do you guys care about what critics/reviewers think? It's just a movie
>>
>>67346738
>philosophically sound

Tell me more about how you've read Being and Time.
>>
>>67343186
>Once a colony of bats literally lifts Bruce Wayne up in the air as a Christ-like figure, you’re probably watching a movie that takes itself pretty seriously.
>>
>>67349072
>Implying Nolan would accept
>>
>>67349072
>implying Nolan would make a good Justice League movie
>>
>>67349072
rather David Ayer take the reigns, he's a solid action director.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
Dawn of Justice Full Movie 720p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBN-_OBq_Gc
>>
>>67349072

Nolan wouldn't go within a million miles of Justice League because he doesn't make capeshit
>>
>>67343979
Actually, it's about ethics in video games journalism
>>
File: nolan.jpg (26 KB, 296x400) Image search: [Google]
nolan.jpg
26 KB, 296x400
miss me yet?
>>
>>67343979
Civil War is also a philosophical political drama that explores mankind's need for hope and the dangers of absolute power, yet it will actually be fun
>>
Holy fucking shit /tv/ turned in to reddit no!!!!!!! just been reading up on the latest threads holy fuck reddit. you made fun of memepool for being reddit but holy fucking shit. /tv/ turned in to reddit fucking hiveminds
>>
>>67349437
define fun. the cgi is garbage when they were running at each other it looked like garbage. and you can see that witch bitch getting pulled up in the scene.also pepole dont cast shadows in the marvel world i guess. spiderman sounds like a 12 year cod player that just fucked my mom
>>
>>67348355
I like you anon, I think Ayer has at least gotten some of this right with Suicide Squad, I have no idea how Snyder keeps getting work apart from the 'failing upwards' meme. I legitimately would love it if they had the big penny and the dinosaur in the cave or if Superman would be funny and shit like Dean Cain in Lois and Clark, but I've not watched that show in years, so I could be remembering it to be better than it was
>>
File: lego-batman-teaser-poster-1.jpg (50 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
lego-batman-teaser-poster-1.jpg
50 KB, 600x889
>>67343792
since the tv show.

This will get 92% RT score btw
>>
This is what happens when you let hacks like Snyder and Goyer attempt to make a comic book universe. You know why Watchman wasn't that bad? Snyder had the graphic novel to keep him mostly grounded. You know why Sucker Punch failed? he had a fantastic idea but cannot for the life of him cannot grasp tone.

Goyer also needs to stop getting WB's blessing. he doesn't understand comic books. This same man said the martian manhunter is too unrealistic. Sorry to break it to you but comics aren't realistic.

That's just it though. WB has ALWAYS and will ALWAYS be concerned with making the quick buck to generate add revenue and hopefully toys. If they actually took the time to hire someone with passion we'd get a decent thing going. WB has access to ALL of their DC franchises. Stop trying to half-assedly copy Marvel and start adapting Graphic Novel. They're sitting on a goldmine but what can you really say about Executives that don't care about their product?
>>
>>67343186
it's good point I read a couple too that said stuff like:
>batman shouldn't kill people
>too serious
>why does it have that much philosphy?
>>
>>67349834
What can they do to fix this?
>>
>>67349834
Goyer's like 6-3 when it comes to good-bad cape movies. That's why they keep going to him.
>>
>>67349416
No
>>
>>67350002
>6-3
So 2-1?
>>
>>67349834
>Stop trying to half-assedly copy Marvel and start adapting Graphic Novel
That's the whole point of the Rotten tomatoes reviews. BvS didn't follow the Marvel pattern, hence why critics didn't like it.
>>
>>67349834
None of the people who have worked on a DC flick have ever really cared about creating something true to the source. They always want to put their own spin on it.
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.