[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please someone explain this to me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Eraserhead.jpg (2 MB, 1786x2354) Image search: [Google]
Eraserhead.jpg
2 MB, 1786x2354
Please someone explain this to me
>>
The anxiety of fatherhood
>>
Best movie ever
>>
be careful when buying hair care products
>>
>>67338750
spend about an hour reading about cinematic language and semiotics, rewatch it (or any other lynch film) and report back
>>
Kramer had a bad set
>>
>>67338750
It's a nightmare about becoming a father
>>
>>67338830
>there won't be a next time, kramer
>>
>>67338946
This, it seems very obvious
>>
>>67338750
It's the nightmare of banal life, his wife and child exemplify this. That is why he fucks his life over by cheating all the time, with the women next door, and the keeping his mind distracted with the lady in the radiator.
>>
>>67338990
I love how you can draw a direct line from the themes and motifs Lynch was getting at in Eraserhead with what he was trying to do with Blue Velvet.

Best filmmaker of the last half-century, anyone who disagrees is a pleb.
>>
DUDE SMALL TOWN AMERICA IS WEIRD LMAO
>>
as a man, his films make me sick at times

its strange. I know we can all pretend to be intelligent and go hurr anxiety of fatherhood, every guy has these emotions! But it's just so fucking bleak it makes me sick.
>>
>>67339095
DUDE I'M A MEMEFAGGOT LMAO
>>
>>67339095
modern developed white suburbs are a little odd t.b.h, very quiet and constant sunshine, pristine gardens along with the odd old guy getting his paper, quite unsettling.
>>
>>67339118
I think that's part of the film, both Henry and the audience know he's acting very selfishly, cowardly and scummy.
>>
It's a film about lynch's fear of becoming a father.

Nothing more nothing less.
>>
>>67338750
honestly? It's a bunch of short films only related by the character strung together in a semi coherent timeline. It mostly means nothing.
>>
>>67339118
As a real man I know his films are very good.
>>
>>67339118
Real men aren't afraid of negative emotions, faggot.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.