[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Endeavour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: endeavour_series_3.jpg (137 KB, 350x492) Image search: [Google]
endeavour_series_3.jpg
137 KB, 350x492
The best tv series you’re not watching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endeavour_(TV_series)

"Set in mid to late 1960s Oxford, England, the series centres on the early career of Endeavour Morse (Shaun Evans) after he has left Lonsdale College of Oxford University late in his third year without taking a degree, spent a short time in the Royal Corps of Signals as a cipher clerk, and then joined the Carshall-Newtown Police. In the pilot episode, having been transferred to CID after only two years as a uniformed police constable, the young DC Morse soon becomes disillusioned with law enforcement and begins writing a resignation letter. Before he can resign, Morse is sent with other detectives from the Carshall-Newtown Police to the Oxford City Police's Cowley Police Station to assist in investigating the case of a missing fifteen-year-old schoolgirl.

Having studied at Oxford gives Morse advantages and disadvantages when dealing with Oxford's "town and gown" divide. During the pilot episode, he tenders his resignation but his superior, veteran Detective Inspector Fred Thursday (Roger Allam), the "gov" at the Oxford City Police's CID, sees in him an unblemished detective who he can trust and takes him under his wing to be his new "bag man" meaning assistant, replacing a corrupt Detective Sergeant."
>>
File: 1457799282437.jpg (45 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1457799282437.jpg
45 KB, 382x417
>>67336783
>Period drama set in bongland
Why would I, an American, even care
>>
File: ENDEAVOUR.jpg (80 KB, 900x632) Image search: [Google]
ENDEAVOUR.jpg
80 KB, 900x632
>>67336817

It's got great writing, acting and sets and it's period setting is interesting.

There's also an episode about British school girls.
>>
>>67336817

I ask the same thing about a lot of American TV shows but that's never stopped you introspective cucks from exporting them in the past.
>>
File: Ripper Street season 3.jpg (118 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Ripper Street season 3.jpg
118 KB, 1024x576
>>67336931

I'd also suggest;
>>
File: 1456887295363.png (9 KB, 633x808) Image search: [Google]
1456887295363.png
9 KB, 633x808
>>67336931
>British school girls.
yeah but they all wear ankle-length dresses at this point in history
>>
>>67336783
Endeavour is an amazing show, comfy as fuck and visually great.
>>
>>67336783
I never got into Morse really, so a Morse prequel doesn't hold much appeal. If it's good I'll probably check it out at some stage though.
>>
>>67337549
>I never got into Morse really

But it's one of the best British detective dramas.
>>
>>67336931

post some screengrabs of the girls if you want to entice us
>>
I tried watching a few episodes but there were literally black people in every single episode. Also young policewoman showing all the old geezers how it should be done. That was enough for me to turn off.
>>
>>67337608
>Also young policewoman showing all the old geezers how it should be done.

That never happened on the show.
>>
File: tsb.jpg (39 KB, 342x513) Image search: [Google]
tsb.jpg
39 KB, 342x513
>>67337572
I know, it's just not something that ever grabbed me for some reason, and I've watched a heap of those type shows and read a heap of those type books.
>>
>>67336783
I thought that was moot while browsing the catalogue.
>>
>>67336783
>watching moot

fuck off cuck
>>
>>67337549

Morse, the follow on series Lewis and Endeavour are all great tv.
>>
>>67338585
Never watched any Lewis. I'll give it and Endeavour a shot.
>>
I guess we found who is going to play Moot in the inevitable biopic.
>>
>>67336783
But I do watch this. Is the new series out yet? I feel like it's been two years since I've seen it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.