[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it, bros. 300 and Dawn of the Dead were good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 644x362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 644x362
I don't get it, bros.

300 and Dawn of the Dead were good films. Good dialogue, memorable character, very competent action.

What the hell happened to him?
>>
>>67333985
He's a director. He works with the material he's given.

He was handed a David S Goyer script.
>>
Snyder is better with small projects, he doesn't seem very good at spotting a bad idea when he sees one. He's a DP more than a proper director nowadays. His casting choices are very hit and miss. He's not very good with scripts either. He grew up brainwashed by MTV's aesthetics, substance has never been his thing. He shares a few flaws with JJ actually if you think about it. Same generation, same one dimensional approach to cinema, same style over substance weakness.
>>
Dawn of the Dead is a remake of a cult classic and 300 is a literal adaptation of a graphic novel. In both cases the writing and general direction has been taken care of for him.
>>
I unironically think that the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen is still the absolute best capeshit off all time. Actually one of the best movies of all time.

Something happened to him and he went full retard starting with Sucker Punch.
>>
>>67334702
Except JJ understands characters very well, while Snyder don't and that's why his movies pretty much depend on good casting choices.
>>
300 was just another shitty style-over-substance CGI wankfest like all his other crap. Dawn of the Dead was his only decent movie and only because it was a remake.
>>
>>67335617
>300 was just another shitty style-over-substance CGI wankfest like all his other crap
yeah but the style was actually so onpoint that I didnt miss substance
>>
>>67334702
He's great at visual narrative, not so good at story narrative.

If he directed a couple of small non-SFX movies he could become a great director.
>>
>>67336524
The battle scenes in 300 are so perfect you can forgive the movie's flaws, some of which are due to the source material.

And those closing credits are awesome.
>>
>>67334253
>GOYer

It never had a chance
>>
>>67333985
He and Goyer have no real love for Supes, and it shows when they try to write him.
>>
David S Goyer can make a good movie. He can't make a good script. Neither can Goyer.
>>
File: 6734534435.png (52 KB, 167x197) Image search: [Google]
6734534435.png
52 KB, 167x197
>>67335588
Are you seriously implying that TFA had good characters instead of gray blobs that were only popular because of pandering?
>>
300 was shit. It looked cool and was enjoyable on the first time of watching.

After that, it just drags on and is basically 3 monster of the week episodes of a cartoon with some shit to do with his wife as a sub-plot.
>>
>>67333985
same thing that happened to Nolan

success went to his head and now he thinks every idiotic idea is gold and he has an unlimited budget to make those bad ideas happen.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.