[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>RT ratings meaning anything what happened to /tv/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1458698951099.jpg (1 MB, 2216x1449) Image search: [Google]
1458698951099.jpg
1 MB, 2216x1449
>RT ratings meaning anything

what happened to /tv/ ?
>>
Can you explain in great detail why those are wrong or are you just seeing other people post it?
>>
They mean something when they support my claim :^)
>>
>>67333703
non of those movies are good.
>>
>>67333703
>god forgives
>40%
Fucking plebs
>>
>>67333740
>home alone
>not good

soulless cunt and idiot confirmed

>never sitting in during a blizzard and watching home alone with a mug of hot chocolate and your gf wearing your comfiest slippers

i feel sorry for you t b h
>>
>>67333703
Are you implying Miami Vice deserves a better score? I mean the Mummy sure I get that like 50% really critics? but come on now Miami Vice is fine
>>
>>67333703
Episode II is better than BvS
>>
>>67333799
This nonsense is so inorganic to any sense of globetrotter restlessness or anything explicitly or metaphorically to do with British or American colonialism that it just feels derivative. That Kubrickian scene in Drive of dead-eyed strippers watching an assault gets extended here in a more elaborate whorehouse sequence where catatonic hookers bear mute witness to instances of police corruption. Refn’s tableau of organdy-gowned call-girls listening to pop while watching violence in a bouquet-bedecked whorehouse is the ultimate David Lynch parody.

Gosling and Refn have art ambitions–a strange sense of fun. But how can film culture progress with fantasies like this? There’s no shock or outrage left. Refn relies upon a level of menace (unerotic, non-provocative) that precludes caring about or responding to violence, vulnerability, mortality. This is cinema for unsophisticated viewers who don’t already know Bunuel’s eye-slashing, Altman’s Coke bottle assault or Shakespeare/Julie Taymor’s Titus. Children of Kubrick, Friedkin, Lynch and Tarantino, they remain infantile about movies.
>>
>boyhood
>not deserving of a 98+%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3xKeM4uN8
>>
>comparing scores from 30 actual critics to scores from 300 tumblr problems critics

There's your problem, nigger.
>>
I take RT reviews with a grain of salt. Almost all of them are paid for and it really shows when companies like warner bros dont play ball and you get a 40% for Batman vs Superman.
I mean the movie has a 9.3 on IMDB.
Im sure its nowhere near that great but my point is that i think its good to not always write off audience reviews and later public perception in favor of critics.
I mean fucking Iron Man 2 is looked on now as one of the worst super hero movies ever and its certified fresh.
Fucking Superman Returns even has a certified fresh rating.
>>
>>67333703
Back then people knew how a fucking rating worked. 55 still meant the flick was good, 60 that it was good, 70 great, 80 outstanding, 90 a classic, and the mythical 100 an achievement of cinema.

Now video game rankings took ever, so anything below a 80 is objectively shit.

People have become progressively more retarded, reason why youtube uses a thumbs up or down button, soon to be replaced by a single, universal "like" button.
>>
>>67333900
Lmaoing at your shitty pasta, yet mirin them trips
>>
>>67334064
Kill yourself. Like seriously.
>>
>>67333703
Are you implying that the prequels are bad?

nice fucking meme, real nice fucking meme, good job
>>
>>67333900
>Children of Kubrick, Friedkin, Lynch and Tarantino, they remain infantile about movies
>implying this is a bad thing

what a douche
>>
>>67334097
lmaoing at your pleb as fuck /b/ sensibilities
>>
>>67333736
>terminator 3 (the lowest of the low for the franchise) much better than die hard 3 (a great and memorable entry in the franchise
>frozen (a memorable children's film) rated more than 30% higher than Home Alone (everyone over the age of 20's favourite christmas/kids film) they should atleast have similar scores
>Paranormal activity 3 rated much higher than basic instinct
>iron man 2 (lets have a dance of literal record scratch fight in iron man suits) rated way higher than The mummy (a fun action adventure film, these two should at least be equal too)
>the star wars prequels higher than anything in the top half

and it goes on and on, you can interchange them all you want RT rating are fucking worthless
>>
>>67334138
Except liking the prequels is a legitimate /tv/ meme, mate.
>>
>>67333703
Im gonna make my own kinometer
>>
>>67333839
It's not funny. Give me one good non-injury gag in that flick.
>>
>>67333703
>graphic with carefully selected reviews to support my argument
i love 4chan
>>
>>67334415
but it shows that RT is flawed, thats the whole point
>>
>>67334359
>Buzz, Your girlfriend, WOOF!"
>>
>>67334359
Pee the bed coke scene, Buzzes gf scene, shopping scene just to name a few.
>>
File: 555257745.png (13 KB, 528x404) Image search: [Google]
555257745.png
13 KB, 528x404
>>67333739

THIS
>>
>>67334545

Because of the cherry picked examples my dear goy
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.