[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this patrician?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
Is this patrician?
>>
No, it's absolute pleb.
It only seems intelligent to your typical American because it's British.
>>
i dont care it's fun as fuck
>>
not patrician but pretty good movie
>>
>>67333481
Plebian, really.

hell most people don't even get the point of half the scenes in the movie
>>
>>67333481
No, but it is a good flick. If you want a Patrician spy movie watch The Third Man
>>
nope, but it sure is comfy/fun to watch.
>>
I literally cannot understand how anyone over the age of 14 can enjoy this. It's like Tarantino that's been watered down for children. It's smug and self-aggrandizing bullshit that masturbates furiously over a romantic notion of British 'class' from the perspective of someone who only knows about England through movies, while trying to lampoon American culture but just comes off as an awkward self-loathing. It's a spy movie chock full of references for people who have never seen spy movies. It's shit. It's absolute fucking shit that only appeals to the type of person who thinks they're intelligent and witty but isn't and you have to be a complete cunt to enjoy this movie.

It's so bad that every time I see someone praise this movie I get visibly upset and have to write out a several-hundred character post about why it's such a terrible movie and it goes beyond bad taste to enjoy this movie and extends into a legitimate character flaw.
>>
The McDonald's dinner scene was some of the cringiest shit I've ever seen.

Also the stuff with making the Kingsman agents shoot their dogs but not really shoot them didn't make any sense.
>>
>>67333831
nice
>>
>>67333534
>>67333737
>>67333749
>>67333831

hello there, r.eddit
>>
Love this flick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9_AD1bfnU
>>
>>67333831
People are going to give you shit for this but I felt more or less the same way after watching it. Easily the worst movie I've seen in the past year.
There are few things more irritating than an attempt at self-aware satire that fails completely and ends up falling into all the same traps it tries to play off of for comedy.
The terrible effects, editing and cinematography were just icing on the shit cake.
>>
>>67333548
This.

I was caught off guard.
>>
>>67333831

autistic brit: the post
>>
>>67333878
It's to make sure the agents follow orders, even at the cost of a loved one

Fucked up, but it makes sense

>>67333831
I loved it :^)
>>
>>67334069
>reading that shit
Autismus maximus
>>
>>67334112

It didn't make sense because if the agents truly proved themselves willing to put aside their emotions and follow any order given to them, they wouldn't care if the dog lived. They would kill the dog and not give a fuck. The LOLTHEYWEREJUSTBLANKS shit was an obvious attempt to make sure the audience didn't feel bad.
>>
>>67334239
>they should literally kill the dogs and not give a fuck

yeah nothing says big box office like killing dogs

jesus christ I hope none of you ever get to direct
>>
>>67334239

And furthermore, the whole point of the Kingsman was to protect people. They weren't supposed to be emotionless killers who did whatever they were told. So the entire exercise just made absolutely no sense to me.
>>
>>67333831
>masturbates furiously over a romantic notion of British 'class' from the perspective of someone who only knows about England through movies
It doesn't though. It takes the position that "class" is a combination of manners and attitude, while characters who are actually high class like Micheal Cain and the other posh recruit are completely callous to the lower classes and end up having their heads exploded at the climax.

I posted this last time and I'll do it again, but you should read this article, it explains it much better than I could.
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/07/17/film-crit-hulk-smash-kingsman-and-the-maybe-genius-of-non-winking-satire
>>
>>67334327

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
>>
Literally one of the worst movies I've ever watched
>>
>>67333878
The German anti terrorist team do the same thing except with a chicken. They raise it for 6 weeks from an egg then have to cook it and eat it
>>
this movie sucked.
it didnt push itself far enough into the style of humor it was paying homage to and instead came across as tryhard and self conscious
>>
>>67334338
It's basically saying if you don't kill the dog, the dog will kill everyone. Can you live with your mother killing everyone on earth?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.