[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched this movie for the first time. Can't believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
I just watched this movie for the first time.

Can't believe I didn't watch it in theaters cause I thought Superman was lame. This is literally the best capeshit film next to Xmen 2.
>>
>>67331189
My thoughts exactly
>>
STOP, INVINCIBLE SON!
>>
>>67331189
I was unimpressed, even Superman Returns was better
>>
Now watch it again and turn your brain on
>>
File: Man of Mellodrama.jpg (23 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
Man of Mellodrama.jpg
23 KB, 853x353
FREEZE IMPERMEABLE CHILD
>>
>>67332382
>turning your brain on for capeshit

Kys fampai.

Man of Steel had the most entertaining fight scenes of any Superhero movie, especially that 1v2 battle in the town from Thor.
>Sonic boom punches
>Dem sound effects
>No quips

Literally perfect bar the blatant ass product placement with Sears at the end of the scene.

>>67332453
Watching it in context I actually don't see what the meme is about. He knew supes could save him but that would've blown his cover. Humanity wasn't ready at that point in time.
>>
>>67332382
Capeshit fans don't know how to turn their brain on, it's been too long since they used it.
>>
>>67332613
>would've blown his cover.

You mean unvealing that there's a kryptonian with superpowers flying around? doesn't he do that anyways?
>>
>>67332680
It leaves a bigger impact on his trust in humanity.

He even says right after that scene "I let my father die" when talking to Lois again. You can tell that moment changed him and sealed his fate of being the hero the world needs.
>>
>>67332743
This is bad reasoning considering Clark can move more quickly than the eye can see... and he would have had the cover of a tornado.
This is dumb.
>>
>>67331189
>This is literally the best capeshit film next to Xmen 2

you could have just stopped at best capeshit. nothing has come close to this film.

the action was by far the best ever in capeshit.
>>
But you didn't
>>
>>67332613
>Watching it in context I actually don't see what the meme is about.

>They both realize the dog is stuck in the car
>Clark starts to run back to get the dog out instead of his elderly dad
>"NO! NO! JUST GO WITH YOUR MOTHER! I'll get the dog."

Why can't Clark get the dog? It's not like Pa Kent means to sacrifice his life for a dog; he fully meant to come back after opening the door for it.

>Tornado throws a car on top of the car Pa Kent is in
>Clark just stands there watching with a horrified look on his face
>Pa Kent manages to get out, but with a mangled foot, realizes he won't be able to run fast enough
>Clark just stands there with a horrified look on his face
>He starts to move, but Pa Kent waves him off and dies to a tornado

It was the most contrived and retarded scene in the movie. If you don't understand why everyone makes fun of that scene, then it's understandable that you actually think Man of Steel is good.
>>
>Oh shit our planet is about to explode
>Hurry lets get these criminals sentenced and aboard their big ship and fly them into the phantom zone lmao
>By the way when we explode it will undo their frozen state for some reason
>By the way their ship is also has the parts to be able to escape the phantom zone
>Also Clark did you know your father put all the kryptonian genes in your cells lmao
>>
>>67333172
He did the stop invincible son motion after already freeing the dog. Both Clark and Pa Kent knew he could have easily saved him before the car hit him, but Pa Kent made the motion to teach his son that you cannot save everyone.

It was the teacher's final lesson. If you can't see why the scene is necessary then it's understandable why you're a fucking pleb.
>>
>>67333525
>He did the stop invincible son motion after already freeing the dog. Both Clark and Pa Kent knew he could have easily saved him before the car hit him, but Pa Kent made the motion to teach his son that you cannot save everyone.

No, that's what the original death of Pa Kent, where he dies from a heart attack, teaches Clark. It teaches him that for all his strength and speed, he can't save everyone.

Pa Kent dying to a tornado because he won't let his son save him not once, but TWICE, once indirectly by just letting him go get the dog, does not teach him that he can't save everyone. It teaches him to not save anyone for fear of outing himself as an immortal space alien that might destabilize the world.

The fact that you don't even understand what Pa Kent's death was actually about, in the context of the movie, is really embarrassing.
>>
>BvS is out
>people still trying to force the "MoS was good" meme
>>
>>67333731
The whole fucking theme the movie is beating over your head the entire time is Superman is just as human as anyone else.

Pa Kent went to get the dog with the intention of keeping supes at bay from going full hero. When he got himself trapped he knew in that moment there was his ultimate life lesson. Just as superman's goal was to save the world, his goal is to teach superman to become human. Stop invincible son pauses Clark for just enough time that he can die. Clark likely would have saved him regardless of what Pa Kent wanted, but in that moment of hesitation he lost that opportunity.

The scene is there to instill in Clark that at the end of the day he is one with humanity, and sometimes humans have to live through extreme periods of grief, but to muster forward and persevere.

The fact that you don't even understand what the underlying theme of the movie was, and why the scene, albeit a bit contrived of a situation, is still fitting is incredibly pathetic.
>>
HALT INDOMITABLE PROGENY
>>
>>67332351
No, no it wasn't. Good try though, fag. No, I'm sorry, I take that back. calling you a fag insults actual homosexual degenerates. You sir, are a bit of shit that got stuck in a grove of some one's shoe.
>>
File: MoS bingo.jpg (585 KB, 1342x1528) Image search: [Google]
MoS bingo.jpg
585 KB, 1342x1528
>>
HEEL INDESTRUCTIBLE OFFSPRING
>>
>>67331189
I felt a sudden craving for some ihop pancakes afterwards. But first I had to make a stop at the 7 eleven gas station.
>>
File: 1385052084135.jpg (223 KB, 1096x800) Image search: [Google]
1385052084135.jpg
223 KB, 1096x800
>>
>>67333172
Imagine if you had godzilla as a son, would you want to let Godzilla go out there to, save the dog? You see that's what Pa Kent saw, Godzilla. And rightly So, Kal was Godzilla actualized in a 5'6" 120lb boy when he was ten and the bus went into the river and 5'10" 150 lbs when he was 16. Now imagine, if you will, he went out there, got found out by all those people, and some one gets back to the authorities that a Superboy not only saved the day, but appeared to be with a forty something middle class family. Now imagine men in black getting involved and imagine, them going after Clarke and his family. Now imagine, Godzilla wiping out humanity.

Pa Kent wanted the boy to wait until he was good and ready, and I agree. Imagine Pa Kent's fear of not knowing what could send Godzilla on a rampage.
>>
>>67334001
>Pa Kent went to get the dog with the intention of keeping supes at bay from going full hero.

?????

Are you implying that this scene is like Batman not being able to kill the Joker? Where if Batman kills one person, he'll start killing all villains? Except, in this scene, it's if Superman saves a dog, he'll save every one he comes across? But I thought the scene was to teach Clark you can't save everyone? Even though, at that point, Clark had literally only saved a school bus full of children. Which Pa Kent told him might not have been a good idea and he should have considered letting those kids die.

Not to mention, you talking about how the whole theme of the movie is that Superman is as human as everyone else, is, well, flat out wrong. The opposite is actually true. That Superman is not a human, and that's what gives him the ability to hold such sway over humanity, depending on what kind of person he wants to be. Space dad says that he's a literal god that can uplift all of humanity with his Krypton-given gifts. Earth dad says that he's an invincible space alien and the answer to "Are we alone in the universe?" and that his mere existence, if it became public, would destabilize the world as we know it. Every character and emotional conflict in the movie stems from the fact that Clark is decidedly not human, even though he has all the mannerisms, doubts, and fears as humans. The "whole fucking theme," as you put it, is about Clark trying to be a normal human, wandering around aimlessly from job to job as an unknown vagrant, but denying his potential to be so much more.

At this point, I think you're trolling. But if you aren't, you are actually too stupid to converse with. Enjoy your dead thread.
>>
>>67334606
Skipped to the end of your faggy post to see if you ended it with another lame insult.

Went back and read it all and I honestly lost a few brain cells from how fucking retarded your opinions are. Honestly bro just kill yourself. The world will be better off with one less retard trying to spew nonsense.
>>
CEASE INVULNERABLE HEIR
>>
BE STILL PAJEET
>>
It's better than Superman Returns but still not the film Superman deserves.

They should have brought Kevin Spacey back as Lex for BVS. Now the Snyderverse is stuck with a horrible Jokerish eccentric shitter.
>>
>>67331189

what do you anons think of the scene when spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler?

wasn't what to think of it.
>>
>>67334774
>>67334860

spoiler spoiler ...
... spoiler spoiler spoiler
... spoiler
>>
>>67334891

no, they should spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
>>67332924
>>67332924
Except he didn't know how to fly yet.
>>
>>67334730

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
>>67333731
This. I even liked Man of Steel but the tornado scene was a flat out mistake and huge mishandling of the characters.
>>
>>67335012

but spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
>>67335074

more like a spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
>>67335077
desu tho ayy lmao ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy dude AYY LMAO
>>
>>67335012
So? He also didn't know how to run?
>>
>>67335125

spoiler???
>>
>>67335160

he spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
>>67331189
>this obvious shilling
>>
>>67335260

spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
>>67334490
But it could have been done without revealing anything. Clark was a strapping young lad, it wouldn't have been particularly unusual for him to perform at above average; which is all he'd have needed to do to get Pa Kent out of there. Wouldn't even need superspeed, just run at human maximum.

But anyway, I thought the end bit was funny.
>Yeah mom, I got a job so I could keep my ear to the ground ect.
>Goes into work and immediately starts making fuckeyes with Lois
Subtle, Clark.
>>
>>67332351
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>67335364

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

>>67335406

spoiler spoiler
>>
>>67335364
The distance from the car to the overpass and the time between stop invincible son and his death was a bit too much for him to run over and save him without raising suspicion. Plus literally everyone in the area had all eyes on Pa Kent.

Regarding the end though I'm just a bit confused. How the FUCK did Lois catch up to Superman and Zod at the museum towards the end?
>>
>>67335364
At this point he doesn't want Clark getting used to using his powers at all, not until he's decided what type of man he's going to be.
>>
>>67335502

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

>>67335558

spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
File: angry cat.jpg (8 KB, 203x249) Image search: [Google]
angry cat.jpg
8 KB, 203x249
>>67335932

IT'S NOT A MEME IT'S FOLLOWING THE RULES!
>>
>>67333525
The comic killed him with a heart attack, something Superman couldn't fix no matter how powerful he was.
The RETREAT INVULNERABLE OFFSPRING scene is bad because Clark could just run, save his dad, and then appear once in the news and claim God gave him the strength or something.
>>
>>67336162

spoiler spoiler spoiler
... spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler
>>
Man of Steel.....is GoAT
>>
>>67336644

he may not be handsome but he's definitely NOT a goat, you blind baboon
>>
>>67332351
You're right, it was. I don't think Superman was cast well. The only thing the Snyder flicks have going for them is casting Cavill as Superman. He's a middling actor but he absolutely looks superhuman. I mean the guy is just fucking massive, exactly what you would expect of Superman.

In all other aspects, Superman Returns was the superior film.

>we will never get another Kevin Spacey Luthor
>>
>>67334282
Can't wait for the BvS edition.
>>
>>67336791
Posts on /tv/ must be of high quality, you have been reported sir :^)
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.