[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best currently airing show on tv? Haven't seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3
File: 960.jpg (45 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
45 KB, 960x540
Is this the best currently airing show on tv? Haven't seen a show this GOAT since the sopranos
>>
>>67313320
my personal top 5 currently airing dramas:

1. The Leftovers
2. Rectify
3. The Americans
4. Bloodline
5. The People Vs OJ Simpson
>>
The Americans is the best show on tv, Leftovers is close thought
>>
>>67313320

I just started watching this. Do they ever explain what the fuck is up with the GR?
>>
>>67313420
Sorta.

Also I wish I watched this when it was airing so I would have someone to talk to about it .
>>
>>67313375

>Rectify is ending this year and no one cares

It's going to be a Breaking Bad scenario all over again. Isn't it?
>>
1. Fargo
2. True Detective
3. Better call Saul
4. Mr. Robot
5. Bloodline
6. Peaky Blinders
7. Black Mirror
8. Narcos
9. The Knick
10. Sherlock
>>
>>67313470
You have awful taste despite liking some decent shows like Bloodline and The Knick. Fucking Mr. Robot lol.
>>
Daily reminder we have to nuke this whole board
>>
>>67313462
well, to be fair, no one really cared about Rectify, anyways. i guess it doesn't hit enough demographics and isn't flashy enough. it also airs on a channel not many people have. it is, however, one of the top shows currently airing.
>>
>>67313496
No one asked for your opinion, this isn't your personal blog

Now piss off
>>
>>67313548
>he felt compelled to tell me to piss off
How under your skin did I get exactly? Fucking Sherlock lol. Fucking Black Mirror lol. Make sure to face Mecca when you get on your knees today.
>>
>>67313535

Deutschland 83 was very popular when it aired in my country here this year, I'm hoping some people realized it's on the same network as Rectify and will check out more Sundance shows, then again here Rectify was shown on our version of AMC but they didn't show past the first couple episodes of the second season, unfortunately.
>>
>>67313375

Great list!

>>67313470

No Leftovers, The Americans, Rectify or Deutschland 83? letrashman.jpg
>>
>>67313576
Don't you have some superhero shows to watch?
>>
Fargo, the knick, people vs on simpson, mr robot(the twist was pretty stupid) and the Americans are my favourites atm but I wouldnt say any are soprano or wire tier yet
>>
>>67313496
Reminder everyone on /tv/ was licking the nuts of Mr. Robot the first 4 weeks until the mainstream started hyping it, proving the age old claim the no one on here is anything but a pretentious hipster.
>>
leftovers season 1 was meh, how much better is season 2/?
>>
>>67313420
The GR are basically a bunch of edgy trolls. I don't get what their endgame is. They claim to be a reminder of the event and fighting against people's denial but no one has forgotten or denied what happened. Just because people don't spend every waking moment wallowing in misery over what happened and are trying to live their life doesn't mean they've forgotten or don't care. They act like it's their duty to constantly guilt the people left behind because only they know the futility of life blah blah blah.
>>
It's not even airing anymore on television.
>>
>>67313656
No one with actual taste liked Mr. Robot. It's a USA Network drama, aka the same channel that airs fucking wrestling. It's all crossposters from /sp/, /v/, and /b/.

>>67313636
I've never watched a superhero show in my life unless it was that X-Men cartoon when I was ten.
>>
>>67313634
>No Leftovers, The Americans, Rectify or Deutschland 83?
Haven't watched any of these
>>
>>67313660
Phenomenal
>>
>>67313754

What's wrong with you? I highly suggest you do. Especially The Americans judging your list.
>>
>>67313915
Ya, I had the Americans in my watchlist

I just don't have enough time to watch shows and I'm already watching like 20 at the time
>>
>>67313623
>Deutschland 83
never heard of it. i'll look it up. thanks for the rec. here in the US, there's a real lack of access to foreign language shows. subtitles are poisonous when it comes to viewership, as well as dubbing.
>>
>>67314006
>subtitles are poisonous when it comes to viewership
Not really, I watch lot of American movies/shows and I don't speak English
>>
>>67313320
So what is this show called 960?
>>
File: SO HARD.jpg (175 KB, 1434x828) Image search: [Google]
SO HARD.jpg
175 KB, 1434x828
>>67314088
>>
>>67314104
Znlor v fubhyq ercyl gb lbh va ebg13
Nsgre nyy vg vf fb rnfl gb whfg tbbtyr gur genafyngvba fvgr. YZNB
>>
>>67313982

You wont regret it. Best show airing currently imo.

>>67314088

The Leftovers. Highly recommended. 3th and final season will air this year.
>>
>The Leftovers takes place three years after a global event called the "Sudden Departure", the inexplicable, simultaneous disappearance of 140 million people, 2% of the world's population, on October 14, 2011

Sounds like some Lost tier shit alright
>>
>>67314064
um, it's clear i'm referring to US viewership with English as its primary language. virtually no foreign language or subtitled shows air on any major or even minor networks.
>>
>>67314290
Same here? I have to watch American shows online
>>
>>67313710
I guess by that logic AMC has never made a good show because all they ever play is shitty old movies baka trying to deny you're a contrarian
>>
My personal top 5

1. Fargo
2. The Knick
3. Bloodline
4. The Americans
5. Better Call Saul

The Leftovers is probably number 6

never seen Rectify, haven't started People vs. OJ yet. Narcos and Mr. Robot are overrated. Peaky Blinders is Boardwalk Empire for people with low attention spans
>>
>>67315146
>AMC has never made a good show
Eh, that's really not a far-out assessment. Mad Men and Breaking Bad are their best shows by a wide margin, and they had a lot of flaws. Everything else they've made is the drippiest of shits.
>>
>>67315193
Bloodline doesn't get much love around here. it's a damn good show. i disagree with your assessment of Boardwalk, Narcos, and Mr. Robot. those are enjoyable shows and not overrated. they're rated just right. they have their detractors as much as they have fans. that's a good balance.
>>
The Walking Dead is the best show on tv right now
>all these shitty shows nobody has ever heard of
>>
>>67315207
I guess it makes sense that you're a giant manbaby because you were once a baby, so you're always a baby
>>
>>67314163
When's 3rd season airing?
>>
>>67315542

The Walking Dead is fun but it's part of the problem due to being Comicshit and why more quality shows with substance aren't as popular.
>>
>>67315588
>manbaby
Hi Gawker. Hi Salon. Hi Thrillist. Hi Buzzfeed.
>>
>>67317323
The walking dead is abject shit
>>
>currently airing

Off the top of my head, silicon valley, bloodline, and rectify are objectively better in every way, shape, and form than the leftovers. Rectify even has a better handle on what the leftovers is trying to accomplish (extreme existential crisis) than leftovers, and it didn't even need some huge bullshit supernatural event or constant magical (or are they? MYYYYS-TERIOUS!!) throwaway plot devices.
>>
>>67313623
>Deutschland 83

It's garbage. The Americans is way, way better.
>>
>>67317607
rectify, maybe. Bloodline and sillicon valley are lowest common denominator pleb trash
>>
>>67318045
You're comparing them to a show centered around reactions to the rapture.
>>
How long is the timeline supposed to be in Rectify from Daniel leaving death row in the first episode to the last aired one, a couple weeks?
>>
>>67318569
Bloodline is a mediocre netflix original and sillicon valley is an unfunny poorly paced "comedy". What's your point? The leftovers has levity that neither of those two shows has. It's second season was borderline flawless
>>
>>67313320
If you don't mind, what makes it good? I got to this thread by searching 'Sopranos' in the catalogue since it is the eternal GOAT to me.

Does it have that same sort of spiritual undertone that the Sopranos (especially later seasons) had? Your pic suggests so
>>
How in the FUCK is nobody watching the Magicians around here? Its so fucking good, and has Q.T 3.14's for days.
>>
>>67319755
>leftovers has levity

You might want to look up words before you use them.
>>
>>67321238
because syfy. If its good, it'll be canceled. If its bad, it'll get 20 seasons, if its okay, it'll get 2 seasons and some comic books.
>>
>>67321349
InigoMontoya.jpg.gif.png
>>
My favorite comfy show. Season 1 and 2 seem completely different because of the setting but s2 still managed to be great
>>
>>67319755
Bloodline and silicon valley display a greater understanding of human behavior/nature than leftovers. Nothing in either show ever feels forced or inorganic, whereas leftovers is nothing but forced drama for it's own sake. Also neither show needed the rapture as a kick off.
>>
>>67321238
Because they shit all over the source material.

The writers don't seem to know what a "nerd" is. They make me think they haven't even been in the same room as someone who has even seen a nerd.

I feel bad for Lev Grossman. He must know its shit but has to grin and bear it.
>>
>>67321452
>the GR is angry. Angry about denial! Also that people don't care about -Their- losses!
>we're going to fuck up your town for not caring about -our- losses!!

I also really liked that bit where meg commits 50+ acts of child abduction/kidnapping, and nothing much comes of it beyond a stern talkin to from a black white ninja chainsmoker.
>>
May as well ask here.

Has anybody else watched any of Manhattan? I'm half way through the second season and absolutely love it.

It's probably not quite in my top 5, but for a show that I'd only heard of from a passing post in a thread a few months back, it's pretty damn good.
>>
Because of season 2 of Leftovers I have a running joke with a friend, when something starts off great and then sucks I call it season 2 of The Leftovers. "My last relationship was litteraly season 2 of The Leftovers!" Fuck season 2.
>>
File: southcliffe.jpg (29 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
southcliffe.jpg
29 KB, 625x352
does rectify get better. i watched the first few episodes and idk it just seemed kinda melodramatic and cheesy. with he family all hugging and shit to some poignant acoustic guitar. i hear nothing but rave stuff but idk, to me as a brit nothing will come as close in television to the power of pic related
>>
>>67322827
season 2 > season 1
>>
>>67313535

Rectify always had threads in season one. People got tired of it i guess. I still think its the comfiest show i have ever seen.

>>67313320
What is this show about anyway, that pic interests me greatly :^)
>>
>>67313375
Do people unironically enjoy The People vs Oj? I watch it out of obligation because the trial was the greatest shit show of our time, but goddamn that show belongs on freeform or something
>>
>>67313470
Turbopleb.
>>
Karaoke...
>>
>>67323044
Fucking agree with you.

Southcliffe was unbeatable.
>>
>>67313660
Shit opinion, season 1 was way better
>>
>>67313672
I think its just that for a while the world was united in grief and confusion, but most people moved on as best they could. These people couldn't and resent that they can't, so they torment the rest of the population.

Its just angry people lashing out before their big cry

>>67317607
I swear one guy posts this same shit in every thread. Its always worded similarly
>>
/tv/ loving season 2 more than based ass season 1 is proof that /tv/ is a bunch of faggot cucks. Season 2 gives the most annoying characters bigger roles. Ends with a goddamn silent protest where GR slowly walked into miracle. Worst of all, dude sings his way out of death...what in the fuck.
>>
>>67324413
Except the finale was great and the karaoke scene was absolutely on par with season 1. Season 1 was better but you're still stupid
>>
>>67324515
Season one finale what a town wide riot and people trying to burn GR alive in their house. Season 2....people walked into a town.
>>
>>67324413
>he wasn't touched by the karaoke
You're look at things too literally to enjoy this show
>>
>>67313576
Hey as a Muslim in America I take offense to that. We don't like those shitty shows either
>>
>>67322650
It is good. Shame no one watched and it got cancelled.
>>
>>67325127
>>67325127
except u see next to none of the riot. i dont mind this tho. the less action the better
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.