[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else see this? What did you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else see this? What did you think?
>>
>>67299169
Solid flick until the very end, just felt out of place.
>>
I liked it. Goodman was acting circles around the other two who were serviceable. He just kept me uncomfortable and tensed up till the end. The ending was kind of weak compared to the rest of the movie but oh well.

Loved seeing tons of Winstead feet though
>>
>>67299258
Yeah I would agree

Goodman was great
>>
>>67299169
Pretty good even though I never watched Cloverfield.

I might be a dumbass but did Howard build that shelter so he could abduct women?
>>
>>67299416
Children, anon. Not women, but little princesses.
>>
People complain about the ending, but it actually ties in well with the repeated car noises mew heard and the narrative that crazy child rapist murderers can be right about some things.
>>
File: 1391652337566.gif (775 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1391652337566.gif
775 KB, 245x245
>>67299922
oh.
>>
>>67299169
10 Clovefiled Lane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLOVERFIELD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Super 8

Yup they are in the same universe....
>>
I felt it was "/pol/ was right again:The Movie"
all of his conspiracy's turned out to be correct.
>>
>>67299284
>>67299332

I never saw Goodman in a role like this, but he was brilliant. He's such a great actor.
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 749x903) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 749x903
Really liked it.

Redpill me your theories of how this connected to the first Cloverfield. What was the significance of the goodman working on satellites?
>>
>>67300771
Dont forget Star Trek, and LOST
>>
>>67301406
/pol/ isn't super hype on aliens.

Besides, Howard was wrong about the one thing keeping them sealed in there even though he did mention the other theory that was correct.
>>
>>67301426
He really did play a crazy paranoid person really well. You could tell there was a bunch of shit going on in his head but not what was going to set him off. I guess he was a darker sinister version of Walter Sobchak. Just something about Goodman that scares the shit out of me. He's like someones dad who you know can take you out despite his hefty size.
>>
>>67301473
The company he worked for that made satellites is the same one that made the satellite that crashed into the ocean and presumably kicked off the whole invasion of monsters.
>>
>>67301473
It will be explain in the third movie God Particle (Cloverfiled 3) but in essences the theory is that Howard knew about the events from 10CL because he works in a company called Bold Futura a subsidiary of Tagrurato. Corp also the owner of Slusho!

Bold Futura have satellites spying on the Japanese Government and also the USA Navy.
In CLOVERFILED and the end of the movie you see something falling from space, that’s a satellite from the same company that Howards works. The cover story is that satellite is from the Japanese government.
So to explain the connection you have to know that Bold Futura is doing experiments with a particle accelerator in space.

Listen to this audio that was found in a USB.

The USB was from Howard and explain how he knew about the events in 10 Cloverfield Lane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HOVHoxZE0I
>>
>>67301491
True,Just meant that he was right about the Gas,Aliens,and the Sweep up's.
So was he already down there way before the attack? With her discovering about the little girl and all it looks like he had been down there way before anything ever happened.
>>
Yeah, saw it today and I loved it. Was a little disappointed that the aliens at the end weren't the Cloverfield monster instead, but the rest was so well done and tense that I can overlook it. The aliens themselves were still neat anyway. I do hope we get an actual sequel to that someday though, fucking loved that movie.
>>
>>67301971
Yeah it seemed like he created it for two purposes. The scratches on the window and the earring confirm that.
>>
>>67301473
Pretty sure the radio broadcast she's listening to in the beginning in her car is talking about the events of Cloverfield, which means it's happening simultaneously. The broadcaster says something about widespread blackouts on the East Coast and the government not talking but telling people not to panic. Also, the satellite company that Howard worked for is the same one that Rob was moving to Japan to work for, which is also owned by the same company that owns Slusho, which is referenced in the film as well.
>>
>>67302030
A sequel is in order but I hope they shoot it in a unique space like this one.
>>
>>67302128
I think they'll go full on anthology and it'll have references to the past two movies only.
>>
>>67302155
I'm cool with that too.
>>
I just want to know why is the marketing team hiding the fact that 10CloverfieldLane has a heavy influence of Half-Life. The people are hating the aliens because they don't know what they are. (I don't think they even care anyways)

Call me crazy but sure that am not he only one that thinks like this.
>>
>>67301933
What evidence do you have that god particle will be a cloverfield tie-in?
>>
I think Howard actually had no idea about the aliens or the attack, until Emmett fought him to get inside the bunker. He just decided to use that as an excuse after abducting Michelle since we know already did that once before with the other girl. I think he poured some of that acid on his pigs to back up his story and the aliens using corrosive poison gas at the end was just a coincidence.
>>
>>67302293
The Audio from the ARG if you listen they are taking about an experiment on space. Also Emmet mentions a bright light when the "attack" starts. The astronauts on the ISS mention the same event but can't explain it.

Also go to IMDB God Particle is in development right now :^)
>>
i think the idea is that he built the bunker bc he's a doomsday prepper and even though he turned out to be right his wife thought he was nuts and fled with megan to chicago. this left howard broken, so he started kidnapping girls to recreate his family.
>>
>>67302289
It's interesting you bring up Half-Life since Abrams just said last week that they're still working on the film adaptation of that and apparently nearing a completed script.
>>
>>67302404
wait,so Howard was working when it happened? I thought he had long been retired?
>>
>>67302404
Nice I'm hyped I hope they make a lot of these
>>
>>67302455
My guess is that Howard could do his Bold Futura work from inside the bunker.
>>
>>67302524
>satellite uplinks
>underground
Can't even get cell phone service down there, I don't see how that would be possible.
>>
>>67302451
I just hope for a good cloverfiled third movie. 10CL was great because of the scale and small great cast.
>>
>>67302556
http://tagruato.jp/employee_of_the_month_2016_february.php

He was working on diagnosing transmission complications. In other words the same job that Jeff Goldblum has in Independence Day.
>>
>>67302334
This seems very plausible.
>>
>>67301426
Closest is O Brother Where Art Thou
>>
>>67301426
>>67302859
Barton Fink you fucking plebs
>>
>>67302334
I don't find Howard as a liar when it comes to conspiracy.

He even told Michelle when escaping through filtration tunnel that she can’t escape from them.
“Them” meaning the aliens it’s sudden but is there.
>>
"the french toast is a lie"
>>
>>67299169
I would have more respect for it if it had stuck to what it was originally suppose to be
>>
>>67302916
Who could forget something like that

http://youtu.be/P_8O-iDvlmA
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.