[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best screenplay ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 333x500
Is this the best screenplay ever?
>>
what is so special about this film? I thought it was rather mediocre
>>
>>67299560

It's the ultimate detective movie
>>
>>67299607
how so? It seems like a rehash of classic film noir. Nothing new or creative
>>
>>67299667
read the book and get back to me, pleb
>>
File: img.jpg (16 KB, 200x303) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
16 KB, 200x303
>>67299667
>>
>>67297627
I would say yes.
>>
>>67299734
Isn't this thread about the movie, not the book?
>>
>>67297627
I don't know, but the bizarre look on the perverts face as he grabs his daughter and escapes with her at the end is one of the most horrifying things ever committed to film.
>>
>>67299916
uh what? did you even watch the post-credits scene?
>>
>>67299969

That whole ending just got under my skin and fucked with my head a little bit, the first time I saw it. I like how the movie's so slow-paced and methodical, very slowly and carefully uncovering clues and secrets, and then it just ends in this messy chaotic clusterfuck where everything happens too quickly and people just make mistakes
>>
>>67299607
>Ultimate detective movie.
Why? Because is a deconstruction? It's cynicism?
I like Chinatown but I can tell you haven't watched/read many noir.
>>
>>67299974
I don't recall, maybe. What difference would it make?
>>
>>67299974
What's that scene
>>
>>67300065
>>67300111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ATKQQzXH
it's in this vid, just watch
>>
>>67300256
Woops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8ATKQQzXHM
>>
>>67299560
It's especially good because of it's structure, subtext and twists. Personally I'd give the movie a 7 just cause I'm not a big fan of noir but it's still a great screenplay
>>
>>67299969
That ending was rough. It really leaves you depressed, how a film so careful on its delivery suddenly went out of control.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.